• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower - No Hwc Allowed??? Help!

The numbers are on the May Guest Specials flier that I printed out from cc and passed out to my guest to look over. Not sure why HO didn't put the GR ones on it instead. :confused: I'm sure it's created confusion for other consultants to!
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Can anyone tell me why my guests at my bridal shower yesterday are not being allowed (by P3) to order any HWC products?? Is it because they are "guest" items, and technically all items ordered as a "bridal shower" are supposed to be for the bride??? If that is true (the part about only ordering items for the bride if it is a shower), I had no idea until I just thought of that right now!

And if so, is there any reason for me to not just change the show type from bridal to a regular cooking show? As far as I can see the host benefits are alll the same...

TIA...

I believe the benefits are the same. I have placed personal orders for guests under wedding shower....so it shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming you verified the start and stop time to be May.....also, it could be a burp in P3....maybe close and re-open the program?

check the show date.. it could have the previous month, that will keep you from entering the HWC items on P3. Had that problem last year.. :)

Checked the show date - it is correct, dated as 5/17 (yesterday), but was set up in April... Not that that should make a difference...

Closed and opened P3 just in case, still is "red flagging" those guests, just checked it, and the error meassge is "item 2837 cannot be used for the Wedding Shower type".

How crazy is that??? I can only assume that (like I said before) because those are technically "guest specials" they don't want guests making purchases for themselves, only for the bride. But WHY on earth would they do that???

So, is there any reason for me to just switch the show type to a regular cooking show?

Wow, that's ridiculous! No reason not too....only changes show types, which is beneficial for analyzing your biz...so not a big deal. The benefits are the same! = )

Where are you getting that item number? The HWC items are "GR" numbers.

pamperedlinda said:

Dang Linda....you're so smart! Nice catch!:D

OK, so I got that number from doing a "look up" (clicking on the little magnifying glass next to the item # and choosing the "guest special" catagory, then choosing the recipe collection).

BUT... I just went and did the exact thing over again, and it is giving the GR numbers now, and it is not flagging them any more.

Thanks Linda, I don't know if I would have caught that!

pamperedlinda said:

It took me a while to figure this one out too! The numbers are on the May Guest Specials flier that I printed out from cc and passed out to my guest to look over. Not sure why HO didn't put the GR ones on it instead. :confused: I'm sure it's created confusion for other consultants to!

What are some alternative options for hosting a bridal shower without serving heavy hors d'oeuvres?

Instead of traditional heavy hors d'oeuvres, consider serving lighter options such as a fruit and cheese platter, vegetable crudités, or a variety of dips and crackers. You could also opt for a brunch or lunch-style menu with items like quiches, sandwiches, and salads.

How do I communicate to guests that heavy hors d'oeuvres will not be served at the bridal shower?

Include a note on the invitation stating that the bridal shower will not be serving heavy hors d'oeuvres. You could also mention it on the event's website or social media page, and have the hostess inform guests personally.

What are some fun and interactive activities to include at a bridal shower with no heavy hors d'oeuvres?

Consider hosting a cooking or baking class, a DIY cocktail/mocktail station, or a game night with bridal shower themed games. You could also hire a professional to lead a group activity such as a flower arranging workshop or a calligraphy lesson.

How can I still make the bridal shower feel special and elegant without serving heavy hors d'oeuvres?

Focus on creating a beautiful and inviting atmosphere with decor, such as floral arrangements, table settings, and lighting. You can also serve drinks in fancy glasses and offer a variety of desserts to make the event feel more upscale.

Are there any specific dietary restrictions or allergies that I should be aware of when planning a bridal shower without heavy hors d'oeuvres?

It's always a good idea to ask guests if they have any dietary restrictions or allergies when sending out invitations. This way, you can plan for any special accommodations or alternatives for those who cannot eat certain foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
newyawksue
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies