• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clear Product Descriptions? What Should I Be Aware of Before Making a Purchase?

In summary, buyer beware is definitely something you should keep in mind when selling anything online.
loreo
I have now received my second purchase from the board where the decription was less than clear.

1. I purchased recipe cards and host planners that already were labeled or written on- no mention of this. My labels do not fit so now I have to purchase more to cover up former consultant info.

2. Purchased logo wear that has about 1/3 of the logo missing. No mention of this either. Bought it as a gift and now can't use it.

I know it's buyer beware but I wouldn't have even thought to ask these questions beforehand.

Thank you.

That stinks. I don't sell something if I wouldn't buy it! That's my rule.

:( I can definitely understand why you would be disappointed!

loreo said:
1. I purchased recipe cards and host planners that already were labeled or written on- no mention of this. My labels do not fit so now I have to purchase more to cover up former consultant info.

2. Purchased logo wear that has about 1/3 of the logo missing. No mention of this either. Bought it as a gift and now can't use it.

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree with you, ya sure it is buyer beware but there is no reason that people can't be 100% honest and clear as to what they are selling.

They make labels now that are heavier and on special paper for cover ups, they are a little more expensive but work really well.

I would agree on this. I bought a couple of shirts on here and one was pink and the other was white and the white one looked like it had been washed with something dark colored and they said that it was in great shape with no stains. You spend that kind of money and people are using you. I am the same way that others have said on here. I am very picky about selling stuff even when I have a garage sale I do not put anything out that has stains on it and wouldn't want people to look at that. When I sell something I wash everything before hand and have had people comment on how clean and nice my stuff is.

I bought some lapboards once and they came with pet hair all over them. Good thing I don't have allergies! :D

I am sorry what happened to you. But as i was reading your comment i started to worry about my package.
I also purchased a bunch of recipe cards and other stuff, which has arrived today. To my surprise everything was in perfect condition. No labels, no other complaints.
Thank you for doing great business.
Zsuzsanna

You might want to see if you can return it to the person. I didn't realize there was some stuff on a shirt that I sold someone, and when she complained, I had her return it and I refunded her money. I wouldn't want anyone who ever purchased something from me to be unhappy or think I was trying to scam them in some way, so it might be worth mentioning. Of course, not everyone will be as nice as me ;).

cathyskitchen said:
You might want to see if you can return it to the person. I didn't realize there was some stuff on a shirt that I sold someone, and when she complained, I had her return it and I refunded her money. I wouldn't want anyone who ever purchased something from me to be unhappy or think I was trying to scam them in some way, so it might be worth mentioning. Of course, not everyone will be as nice as me ;).

I did privately email them. They said they "honestly didn't notice" and they felt their description was good. Live and learn but I will never do business with them again.

loreo said:
I did privately email them. They said they "honestly didn't notice" and they felt their description was good. Live and learn but I will never do business with them again.

That's a bummer. Sorry you had a bad experience!! I always take pictures and post them, too, so people know exactly what they're getting. I guess some experience on Ebay helps, huh?

I also purchased a bunch of paper work, and when I got it. it was all out dated
When I said something, she said,' OH I didn't realize. I'm pretty new and thought it was all current stuff' that was it.

Yep, here too! I've had some great transactions and then one not so great. Unfortunately the one not so great will never be forgotten. Never received an apron I ordered, multiple excuses from the seller and then she disappeared off of here. Never got the $20 or shipping back either.

So like everything else it's definitely buyer beware but now I will only buy from cheffers I've come to 'know' on here.

Sorry this happened to you. I hope the seller sees themselves and feels proper guilt and does the right thing!

It's too bad there can't be a "seller rating" on the market thread like there is on Ebay. It's shameful for those of you who got less than you were expecting to not have your money refunded. How embarrassing for the seller. They should be ashamed.

I can say that I have never had a bad transaction on here. Sorry to hear that you have.

This is a common issue with clear product descriptions. It is important to carefully read the description and look for any mention of pre-existing labeling or writing. If there is no mention, it is always a good idea to contact the seller and ask for clarification before making a purchase. In this case, it may be possible to return the items or receive a refund.

This is another instance where clear product descriptions are crucial. It is important to carefully examine any images provided and read the description thoroughly. If there is no mention of any defects or missing parts, it is best to reach out to the seller for clarification before making a purchase. In this case, you may be able to exchange the item for a complete one or receive a refund.

Before making any purchase, it is important to be aware of the following:

• The importance of reading the product description carefully and thoroughly.
  • The need to examine any images provided for the product.
  • The importance of contacting the seller for clarification if any information is unclear or missing.
  • The possibility of returning or exchanging the product if it does not meet your expectations.
  • The option of asking for a refund if the product is not as described.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKelebel
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • Carol Waggoner
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • kcmckay