• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cinnamon Apple Sticky Buns: My Favorite Apple Recipe

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for dealing with procrastination and "work avoidance." Ideas include setting a timer for 15 minutes to focus on the task at hand, creating personal goals, and using the support of others to stay on track. Participants also share their favorite apple recipes for demonstrations.
DebPC
Staff member
Your Favorite Apple Recipe to Demo?Mine is Apple Nut Ring- except I increased it by 50% and use the Cranberry Rectagular Baker. I renamed it Cinnamon Apple Sticky Buns.

I'm going to have to take another look at that recipe!

My host last night made the apple pie from the All the Best cookbook and was taking it out as we prepped for the show. I definitely need to look at that recipe too!

My October shows are DDB recipes for the most part but I'm thinking holiday pie baking for December. November will be holiday entertaining featuring SA.

Hands down -- APPLE CRANBERRY COOKIE COBBLER!

Attachments

• Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler.doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 191
    70.5 KB · Views: 197
    70.5 KB · Views: 191
What do you do when you are practicing "work avoidence" to get yourselves back on track?

I find I'm very effecient on deadline, but not so much when I still have time.

--Jenny L

So, there really are no suggestions for this one? Well, that explains why I'm having such trouble with it!

--Jenny L

I am confused as to what you are talking about.

jrstephens said:
I am confused as to what you are talking about.

When there is something you are supposed to be doing and you do everything else BUT that.

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
When there is something you are supposed to be doing and you do everything else BUT that.

--Jenny L

You know, spend time on the computer, talk on the phone, go for a walk, clean out your junk drawer that's been waiting for 10 years. Anything to avoid the work you're supposed to be doing.

--Jenny L

I usually beat myself up... Seriously, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to things like this. I have to admit I spend FAR too much time on the computer... and I have yet to find a good way to get back on track. So I end up making myself feel worse for the lost time and really don't know how to break that model... it's not a very healthy one at that.

HA! Are you kidding! I am on HERE when I am supposed to be doing something else. But I use the chatter thread ("punky brewsters dog" currently) every Monday night to report on an hour or two of phone calling- and the folks there know that I do it and pester me (nicely of course) to remind me it is my phoning night. You can join me in doing that if you like?

That might work... I have to work on my 'self-talk' too... you'd think I'da learned better by now after watching What the Bleep and The Secret :rolleyes:

jlevernier said:

--Jenny L

Oh ok. Like staying on here or Chef Success? HAHA!

I haven't found a solution for that yet.

Make a personal goal. Even as simple as one call a day for a week. Once you accomplish that you will feel so good that it will be easier to work towards the bigger goals.

Just saw this thread.When it is a task that I Do Not Like, I set the timer for 15 min and just work on that task. Often the task is over well before the timer goes off. If the task isn't quite finished, I take a 15 min break and then do 15 min more.Learned this technique from flylady.com...has helped me in all areas! Including making phone calls :)

CookingWithMary said:
Just saw this thread.

When it is a task that I Do Not Like, I set the timer for 15 min and just work on that task. Often the task is over well before the timer goes off. If the task isn't quite finished, I take a 15 min break and then do 15 min more.

Learned this technique from flylady.com...has helped me in all areas! Including making phone calls :)

This is a good idea. I'm on the computer right now because I don't want to do the project that is in front of me. 15 minutes, huh? Okay, I can try that. (In a few minutes! haha)

--Jenny L

What ingredients do I need to make Cinnamon Apple Sticky Buns?

To make these delicious sticky buns, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 cup warm water
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 medium apples, peeled and diced

Can I use a different type of apple in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple that you prefer or have on hand. However, I recommend using a crisp and tart apple, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, for the best flavor and texture in the sticky buns.

How do I store leftover sticky buns?

If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Alternatively, you can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply pop them in the microwave for a few seconds or warm them up in the oven.

Can I make these sticky buns ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the sticky buns up to the point of baking and then cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking as directed in the recipe.

Can I freeze these sticky buns?

Yes, you can freeze these sticky buns before or after baking. To freeze before baking, prepare the buns and place them in the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil, and freeze for up to 1 month. To bake, let them thaw overnight in the fridge and then let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. To freeze after baking, let the buns cool completely and then wrap them tightly in foil and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then warm them up in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC