• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Food Chopper Saved My Parsley: A Testimonial

In summary, the speakers discussed different methods for chopping fresh herbs, including using kitchen shears and a prep bowl, a food chopper, and a pizza cutter. They also shared tips for using basil as a garnish by rolling and slicing it with a santoku knife. They emphasized the importance of sharing these tips with customers to make their kitchen tasks easier.
esavvymom
Staff member
So I was trying in vain to chop some fresh parsley with one of my knives. The leaves were flipping all over- couldn't keep them in a nice pile to save my soul (Basil is easier!). So I thought...wonder how the Food Chopper would do?

Darn if it didn't do a fantastic job in just a few seconds!! What have I been thinking all of these years!? See...goes to show- these are tips we need to tell our customers. I've been a PC customer for 10+ years and never knew did anyone suggest using my FC for herbs or meat or garlic or anything! (I use it for garlic when I need minced, but don't want crushed like through the press.)

Thought I'd share, in case someone else out there didn't know that. :D

I use my kitchen shears and a prep bowl to chop my fresh herbs.

wadesgirl said:
Yep, me too. Food chopper sounds like a nice idea too though.

JAE said:
Yep, me too. Food chopper sounds like a nice idea too though.

I've never even tried it. Always thought that it would mash them up too much. I'll have to try it next time.

wadesgirl said:

Exactly what I do, too! It works wonderfully.

wadesgirl said:

Me too. Then I don't lose the flavor (which is in the oils of the herbs) all over the cutting board.

wadesgirl said:

ditto here!!

wadesgirl said:

Me, too! I find this is a fun job for someone to do while at the show. And to me, it's easier than knife. I thought the FC would turn it to mush.

Another one using kitchen shears. Love it! I find when I use a knife, I can't get even pieces - I end up with big chunks and stems and it's just a mess afterward.

Winnipegk said:
Another one using kitchen shears. Love it! I find when I use a knife, I can't get even pieces - I end up with big chunks and stems and it's just a mess afterward.

I don't even trust myself using a knife like that!

I'll have to add "kitchen shears" to my want list! I learn so much here. :)

Generally when working with a flat leafed herb like basil the kitchen shears work better. I have found that the food chopper just makes a mess by smashing rather than cutting the leaves. For Parsley and other bunchy type herbs the food chopper works just fine.
Just a tip for adding basil on top of dishes for garnish, save 4-5 large leaves, stack one on top of each other and roll up long ways, then make thin slices with the santuko knife. They come out looking like julienne strips and look beautiful on top of pasta dishes, roasted vegetables, etc. I got it from watching someone on the food network.

I use either the shears with a prep bowl, or a the pizza cutter on a cutting board.

1. What is "A Food Chopper Saved My Parsley: A Testimonial" about?

"A Food Chopper Saved My Parsley: A Testimonial" is a personal account from a satisfied Pampered Chef customer who has found our food chopper to be an essential tool in their kitchen.

2. How does the food chopper save parsley specifically?

The food chopper makes chopping parsley quick and easy, resulting in evenly chopped pieces without the hassle of using a knife and cutting board. It also helps to prevent bruising and wilting of the parsley.

3. Can the food chopper be used for other herbs and vegetables?

Yes, the food chopper is versatile and can be used for a variety of herbs, vegetables, and even fruits. It is perfect for making salsa, pesto, and other sauces.

4. Is the food chopper easy to clean?

Yes, the food chopper is very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe, or it can be easily hand washed with warm soapy water.

5. Where can I purchase the food chopper mentioned in the testimonial?

You can purchase the food chopper from Pampered Chef's website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also find it in select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • SandiLeigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • misericorde