• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chopper Breakdown: Troubleshooting and Solutions

S
slingmommy
I only got it in December when I became a consultant and it just broke. The top of the handle just popped off and underneath is a spring that is sticking up. Is this commonplace?

That's a first in my book. Maybe you don't know your own strength. :) Call HO and send it back. Valky

Never heard of that happening. Call or email the HO. They will send you a new one first--if they don't offer, insist that they do since you have shows to do. Then once you receive the new one, you can send the broken one back.

oh my gosh!!!
my 16 year old broke one of mine l ast night sounds like the same way the gray top popped off and the inside spoke is broken
i have 4 in my cabinet & no idea which receipt it was on so i threw it away tonight thinking it was misuse ......... GRRR! it very well could have been one I bought before the holidays.

Teresa Lynn said:
oh my gosh!!!
my 16 year old broke one of mine l ast night sounds like the same way the gray top popped off and the inside spoke is broken
i have 4 in my cabinet & no idea which receipt it was on so i threw it away tonight thinking it was misuse ......... GRRR! it very well could have been one I bought before the holidays.

Well, time to go dumpster diving!

mine broke and ho is sending me a new one. They told me to keep the old one until my new one arrived.

Be careful about getting one from HO before you send yours. I called HO and they sent me a new one and I sent them my broken one. Then they sent me another new one.

Nothing wrong with having more than one food chopper in the house. I have 3 of them, including one REALLY old one. Still works...I'll bet it at least 12 years old! LOVE LOVE LOVE my choppers!

Hmmm... I had a guest from last summer say that her chopper fell apart when using it. The same kind of problem mentioned here. Think maybe there's a defective batch out there? It happens...

It happened to me, too - HO replaced it, no problem!

too late trash has already run!!

I have slowly gotten 2 of everything that I use alot in my house. The ones I bring to my shows ONLY get used for demos. The chopper I use at home looks like its been through a war...but WORKS fine!:D

That is frustrating to have something break when you're planning on using them for demos. I have used catalog shows I put together for myself to get duplicates of some of the items I use at almost every show but it is still frustrating to have one break.

I think there must have been a bad batch out there because I have had mine for a long time and use it every day. Can't say I'm gentle with it either :).

Bummer! I'd never heard of such a thing. All three of mine (one REALLY old) have been abused for years.

I even know of a woman who used hers to take out her frustrations during a rough week at work. She did all of her chopping for her Christmas baking. She damaged the pad of her hand. I tell that story at shows and remind them that the Chopper is not a replacement for therapy. If you're under that much stress, please see a counselor, pastor, psychologist . . .

Contact the HO (1) so they'll know and (2) so you can get a new, working one. I'm not sure how long I could survive without one.

chefbria said:
mine broke and ho is sending me a new one. They told me to keep the old one until my new one arrived.

Be thankful you didn't have to enter it as a product adjustment from a show...then they would have made you sent the old one back first, wait 4-6 weeks (as they claim) and then you would have your new one.

slingmommy said:
I only got it in December when I became a consultant and it just broke. The top of the handle just popped off and underneath is a spring that is sticking up. Is this commonplace?

Well Im still a newbie...I got my chopper in Dec. also...it also felt a little loose like to me & then during a show just wouldnt work, totally weird, took it to our cluster meeting & my consultant told me send it back...So I called customer care & another one was sent out & I paid to mail the other one back...THEN my NEW one arrived, as soon as I was taking it out of the box, the plasitc part that spreads out, the part that covers the blades fell off! I didnt even get to TRY it, I couldnt believe it, i had to laugh...ANYWAY my
2nd NEW one :) came yesterday & looks just fine...fheew. :p
My friend has had hers for YEARS & its still a choppin a way.

Related to Chopper Breakdown: Troubleshooting and Solutions

1. What could have caused the handle of my chopper to break so soon after purchasing it?

There are a few potential reasons that could have caused the handle of your chopper to break. It could be a manufacturing defect, such as a weak spot in the handle or a faulty spring. It is also possible that the chopper was not designed to withstand the force or pressure you applied while using it. Finally, it could be a result of wear and tear from frequent use.

2. Is the spring sticking up a normal part of the chopper mechanism, or is it a sign of a problem?

The spring you see sticking up after the handle broke is most likely a part of the chopper mechanism. However, it should not be visible when the chopper is in its intact state. This could indicate that the spring has become dislodged or broken, which may be the cause of the handle breaking.

3. Can I fix the broken handle and spring on my own, or do I need to take it to a professional?

It is not recommended to try and fix the broken handle and spring on your own. This task requires knowledge and experience with the specific model of chopper, and attempting to fix it yourself could potentially cause further damage. It is best to take it to a professional for repair or replacement.

4. How can I prevent this from happening again in the future?

To prevent a similar issue from occurring in the future, make sure to use the chopper according to the manufacturer's instructions. Avoid applying excessive force or pressure while using it, and store it properly when not in use. It is also a good idea to regularly inspect the chopper for any signs of wear and tear, and replace any worn or damaged parts as needed.

5. Is this a common problem with this particular chopper model?

Without knowing the specific model of chopper, it is difficult to determine if this is a common problem. However, if you are experiencing this issue, it is possible that others have as well. You may want to do some research online or contact the manufacturer to see if there have been any reports of similar issues with this model.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Staci
  • GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies