1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles

1. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I just made these tonight and found that the outside was way too dark and the inside still not fully cooked. Anybody have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any imput,
    Rennea

Sep 3, 2005
  2. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

Hmm. I'm not sure. I've made these a few times, and not had that problem. I watch mine, and they could afford to come out of the oven a few minutes before the time given on the recipe, but I assumed that was a problem with my oven. As for the inside, nothing really needs to be "cooked". It just needs to be warm. Anyone else??

Sep 4, 2005
  3. rennea

phyllo

The phyllo wasn't done, the chocolate and bananas were hot but the phyllo was "tough". I think that my oven is a little to hot. I might try using butter and the pastry brush next time.

Sep 4, 2005
  4. chefbilyeu

chefbilyeu Member

What did you use the first time--vegetable oil? I used Butter-flavored Pam (all I have). Did you taste them? I think they are EXTREMELY rich! 1 Tablespoon of chocolate is MORE than enough! Anyone agree?

Sep 4, 2005
  5. theapronfits

theapronfits Guest

banana bundles

I just tried these, I not terribly impressed. The phylo was nice on the outside...but it was not crispy all the way through. The inner layers of phylo were soft, warm, but "raw". I like the texture of crispy phylo, not what I found inside. My family had a hard time eating them easily. They couldn't cut all the way through with a fork, the 'not crispy phylo' center needed a knife to cut through. Maybe there were too many layers of phylo rolled up. Warm mushy banana wasn't very exciting either. I don't think I will be doing these at shows. :(
    Karen

Sep 4, 2005
  6. rennea

Phyllo

I agree with Karen-raw in the middle. I used Pam, somthing I don't like using. I'll try them again this week this time using unsalted melted butter.

Rennea

Sep 4, 2005
Have something to add?