• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken, Pesto and Tomato Flatbread Question

In summary, Provolone can be found in the block form in stores, and it is easy to grate. Some people prefer thicker slices, and others prefer them thin. The V-blade on an electric mixer makes thin slices, but a knife can also be used. The recipe calls for 2 plum tomatoes, but some people prefer thicker slices.
kcjodih
Gold Member
For those of you who have made this what is kosher salt? Is it a must and is there a substitute? I'd hate to have a host buy it just for this recipe.

Also, can a can of Pilsbury pizza crust be used? Is that what they mean under the cook's tips?

You can use sea salt. Iodized salt will do in a pinch but kosher salt tastes different.And yes, you should use the Pillsbury crust. Get the "thin crust" kind.

I made it with just regular salt. Everyone raved about it!

I just used our regular salt out of the grinder.

Has anyone been able to find Provolone in the block form? I've been to several stores and I can only find it in slices. I guess I could go to the deli counter to get a chunk, but that will be more expensive. Sliced cheese is hard to grate. Grumble, grumble....Also, what is everyone's opinion about the thickness of these tomatoes? When I use the V-blade on the UM, they turn out pretty thin. My DH and my parents all thought it would be better with thicker slices. One time I did it w/o the UM and just used the green tomato knife, but then the slices were thicker and I ran out of tomato. 2 plum tomatoes cut thick made for fewer slices. But that time, DH thought it was perfect because the tomatoes were thicker.So for a show, I'm just debating on using the UM vs. the tomato knife. :DBut we LOVE this recipe!!

babywings76 said:
Has anyone been able to find Provolone in the block form? I've been to several stores and I can only find it in slices. I guess I could go to the deli counter to get a chunk, but that will be more expensive. Sliced cheese is hard to grate. Grumble, grumble....

I just used preshredded mozzarella. I rarely shred cheese at a show. I couldn't even find preshredded provolone!

Thanks Keith and everyone else. I'll use our sea salt. Keith - you're the bestest :)

wadesgirl said:
I just used our regular salt out of the grinder.

This is what I used. It allowed me to feature the grinders. I love our sea salt.

babywings76 said:
Has anyone been able to find Provolone in the block form? I've been to several stores and I can only find it in slices. I guess I could go to the deli counter to get a chunk, but that will be more expensive. Sliced cheese is hard to grate. Grumble, grumble....

Also, what is everyone's opinion about the thickness of these tomatoes? When I use the V-blade on the UM, they turn out pretty thin. My DH and my parents all thought it would be better with thicker slices. One time I did it w/o the UM and just used the green tomato knife, but then the slices were thicker and I ran out of tomato. 2 plum tomatoes cut thick made for fewer slices. But that time, DH thought it was perfect because the tomatoes were thicker.

So for a show, I'm just debating on using the UM vs. the tomato knife. :D

But we LOVE this recipe!!

When a recipe calls for shredded provolone, I just buy a bag of Sargento Mozzarella/Provolone Blend. It works great. http://www.sargento.com/products/88/sargento-artisan-blends-shredded-mozzarella-provolone-cheese/

babywings76 said:

I bought the provolone in a block form thru the deli (it was $2.49 for a half a pound, and $2.79 for the sliced provoline in the prepackaged unit).

Sigh...so she didn't listen. Bought preshredded cheese and grated parmesan so no demo of the microplane or the cheese grater. I had mentioned if she didn't usually buy fresh parm to let me know I'd be happy to bring some. Oh well, I air demo'd those and the recipe was delish! Thanks all :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chicken, Pesto and Tomato Flatbread?

To make the Chicken, Pesto and Tomato Flatbread, you will need 1 pre-made flatbread crust, 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of pesto, 1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes, and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked protein you prefer such as grilled shrimp, sliced steak, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

3. How long should I bake the flatbread for?

The flatbread should be baked for about 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on it and take it out when the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.

4. Can I make this flatbread ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the flatbread ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I substitute the flatbread crust with something else?

Yes, if you cannot find a pre-made flatbread crust, you can use a pre-made pizza crust or even pita bread as a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies