• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can chicken be made in the microwave using something other than a DCB?

In summary, chicken can be safely cooked in the microwave, as long as it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Cooking time will vary based on the size and cut of the chicken, but a general rule is to microwave for 3-4 minutes per pound. Frozen chicken can also be cooked, but it is recommended to defrost it first. The best method is to cook the chicken in a microwave-safe dish, covered, on high heat. To prevent dryness, do not overcook and consider adding liquid or sauce to the dish.
ChefDi
Gold Member
Has anyone ever used anything other than the DCB to make chicken in the microwave? One of my customers is asking if it will work in anything else. I'm thinking for chicken breasts it would work in a pie plate or deep dish baker, but I wasn't sure if the high sides contributed to the cooking process at all. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance,

Di

I've used the microcookers to cook up some chicken breasts when I needed cooked chicken in a recipe.

Kind of highjacking this thread, but I've been wondering "what the difference" is between the DCB and the older stoneware piece, also called a deep baker I think, that had a "bowl" for a lid. Do our DCB recipes work the same in it? How do I convince someone that has the older piece that they "NEED" this one?

I think the only difference is that the old one did not have sides that were as high (since you do not cover the chicken during cooking, from what I can recall) and it was not glazed, although the newer one is. My thought is that the high sides kept the microwave from getting too messy and maybe helped keep it moist, but I can't be sure. I guess I'll have to test my theories. :)

I always use the cover on the dcb when I microwave the chicken.

1. Can chicken be cooked safely in the microwave?

Yes, chicken can be cooked safely in the microwave as long as it is cooked to the appropriate internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Use a food thermometer to check the temperature before consuming.

2. How long does it take to cook chicken in the microwave?

The cooking time for chicken in the microwave will vary depending on the size and cut of the chicken. As a general rule, microwave on high for 3-4 minutes per pound of chicken. It is important to check the internal temperature to ensure it is fully cooked.

3. Can frozen chicken be cooked in the microwave?

Yes, frozen chicken can be cooked in the microwave. It is recommended to defrost the chicken first in the microwave or using the defrost setting on your microwave. Then, follow the recommended cooking time for fresh chicken.

4. What is the best method for cooking chicken in the microwave?

The best method for cooking chicken in the microwave is to place it in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and cook on high for the recommended time. For added flavor, you can also season the chicken before cooking or add a small amount of liquid, such as chicken broth or marinade, to the dish.

5. How can I prevent my chicken from becoming dry when cooked in the microwave?

To prevent dry chicken, make sure to not overcook it in the microwave. Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove the chicken from the microwave when it reaches 165°F (74°C). You can also add a small amount of liquid or sauce to the dish to help keep the chicken moist while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies