• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken for Cyw: The Ideal Amount for Show Preparation

In summary, for a family of four, it is recommended to use 1.5 to 2 pounds of chicken for a meal. Any type of chicken can be used for Cyw, including boneless, skinless chicken breasts, bone-in chicken, or chicken thighs. One pound of chicken typically provides 2-3 servings, and the best way to ensure it is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Leftover chicken from Cyw can be frozen for up to 3 months and reheated when ready to eat.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Those that have done Chicken Your Way for shows - how much chicken are you doing?

I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I prefer 4.

I've done this show several times now, and there has never been leftover chicken.

I've done it once and used 4 since that is how many fit in the grill pan at one time.

at our cluster meeting we used 2 large breasts, cut into 1/2's--that way we could try 4 different rubs

ChefBeckyD said:
I do 3-4 chicken breasts. I prefer 4.

I've done this show several times now, and there has never been leftover chicken.

I did 4 at my first show with it, and there was one little piece left. There were about 8 guests. I can usually stock up on chicken when it's $2/lb. Just seeing if less would be OK or if I need to plan on more if there are going to be 15 guests. They also ate all of the simple salad I put together but not so much of the grits (yes, I did too much and knew it at the time but still did it ;)

Thanks, Becky, for your tip in another thread about using the meat tenderizer during the demo. Love that personal safety device!

1. How much chicken should I use for a family of four?

For a family of four, we recommend using about 1.5 to 2 pounds of chicken for a meal. This will provide enough protein for each person and allow for leftovers if desired.

2. Can I use any type of chicken for Cyw?

Yes, you can use any type of chicken for Cyw. We recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for a healthier option, but you can also use bone-in chicken or chicken thighs for added flavor.

3. How many servings does one pound of chicken provide?

One pound of chicken typically provides 2-3 servings, depending on the size of the chicken and the serving size. If you are serving larger portions, you may only get 2 servings per pound.

4. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F for chicken to be considered safe to eat. You can also cut into the chicken to check for any pinkness or use a digital thermometer.

5. Can I freeze leftover chicken from Cyw?

Yes, you can freeze leftover chicken from Cyw. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag and label it with the date. It can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dme.grant
  • SPAMSTIME