• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Your Way ... at a Show?

In summary, if we have 10 or more guests, we mix 4 kinds of chicken in one pan, cut the pieces really small, and serve a green salad and some rolls. Alternatively, we do a lava cake in the microwave.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am thinking of doing Chicken Your Way at a show and I have some questions.

If we have 10 or more guests ... what do we do? Mix 4 kinds of chicken in one pan? Cut the pieces really small? And should we serve a green salad and some rolls and let people decide what they want to put their chicken on?

We're also doing a lava cake in the microwave.

Ideas?

I have done it both ways, with and without the salad. Worked well both ways. I only try 2 spices on the chicken (one is our personal favorite garlic and peppercorn) and then usually use the lemon pepper. The last show I had I had a big salad bowl filled with organic salad mix and nobody touched the salad, they just ate the chicken. I did a molten chocolate lava cake also, and showed the cool and serve with dip, strawberries and apples. Good luck on your show!!

if i know it is 10 or more....i use 6 breasts with at least 3 rubs....make a salad....then either do the lava cake or a dip in the micro....when it's a big crowd the host usually has other goodies for the guests especially if it's close to a meal type time....

I limit my demo to 3 rub flavors, and yes - slice the pieces really small and serve on 3 different plates with toothpicks. No salad, no rolls, nothing extra. It's just a demo & taste.

I make sure to pass around the meat tenderizer so everyone can feel its heft while I talk about how it's a huge cost savings to buy chicken breasts instead of chicken tenders. If they just see me using it, they don't "get" how nice it is or why it's that expensive.

Then I wipe the tenderizer off before I start pounding. Next I spritz all the chicken - not the pan - so the rub sticks better. Flip the chicken with the tongs and show how the pin keeps them locked when pointed downwards and mention I have two since one is always in the dishwasher.

I do check the temp at shows with the thermometer, explaining I skip that step at home but since it's a show, I want everyone to be satisfied it really did cook in that short of time. There are always a few who say thanks for doing that.

Finally I slice it with forged cutlery and offer the knife around so everyone can see how balanced it is.

This is hands-down the easiest demo recipe I've ever done.

Hmmm ... never thought of using the tenderizer. I don't have it but Bestie does. Since we're all gathering around the table I think I may take it in the next room to pound .. we don't want our guests getting gunk on them! OR tenderize them in advance, wash it and pass it around so they can see what I did.

The thermometer .. I hate how slow it climbs to temp but yep, I'll use 'em.

I like the idea of limiting the rubs ... there are only 3 that don't contain onion and they will definitely be among the choices. I plan to pass around the Spice Turn About and let them sniff them all and pick 3. Assuming my guest with an allergy wants garlic peppercorn, we will do that one first, cut it up (oh yeah, it's an August show so I can still use the cutting board with measuring cups ... bonus!) and then do the others and put them on a separate plate.

as a hint - put the chicken in a plastic bag to pound and then gunk doesnt fly!:cool:

Bestie suggested that too ... would the tenderizer shred the bag?

use the flat side of the tenderizer, and add just a little bit (like a tablespoon) of oil in the bag with the chicken and it won't stick to the bag as much.

I do 4 rubs (I think Robin House does it this way too) and I place the bottles in each corner of the pan so that I don't forget which is in which part of the pan. I pound the chicken with the meat tenderizer in a ziploc bag with just a small amount of olive oil. It keeps flying chicken parts down. LOL The chef's tongs are a must for turning once and the meat thermometer is great for perfect cooking. I love this because it really does show how everyone can pick a flavor that THEY like for dinner. (and you will have a complete meal on the table super fast-salad, side dish, and meat!)

I also do a side dish in the microwave, usually the mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes. I like the mashed sweet potatoes so that I can show off the Sprinkles. Sometimes the host throws together a salad beforehand.

I did this at my show last weekend and had my highest show ever at $1488! We did three rubs, and the host had prepared a salad in advance. Also used the tenderizer ahead of time then had it cleaned to pass around during the show. I also recommend using the thermometer to prove that the chicken is fully cooked. It was so juicy that a couple guests were heard mumbling that it wasn't cooked all the way, until they saw the temp.

I did this at a show last fall and sold 3 grill pans and presses! I used 4 rubs (I try to use rubs that are easily recognizable on the chicken by themselves), and since the host was extremely interested in the pan, she cooked the chicken. I had some of the guests working on the salad and the others making the lava cake. Everyone had a great time and the cross talk in the kitchen was awesome! These ladies really loved the interactive show, but I imagine I would scale it down some for hosts who wanted more of a demo.

At that show there were 11 in attendance (including the host), and I sold 3 pans and presses, 4 tenderizers, 3 crinkle cutters, 2 color coated paring knives, 6 measure mix and pours, and 1 fluted pan! (of course there were other things too, but of the main demo items, these were what sold!)

1. What types of chicken can I use for "Chicken Your Way" at a show?

Our "Chicken Your Way" recipe at a show is designed to be versatile and can be made with any type of chicken, such as boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken thighs, or even chicken tenders.

2. Can I substitute the suggested vegetables in the recipe?

Yes, you can definitely customize the recipe to your liking by substituting the vegetables with your preferred options. We recommend using a variety of colorful vegetables to make the dish visually appealing.

3. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to be considered safe to eat.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken and vegetables ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. When you're ready to cook, simply combine the prepped ingredients and follow the cooking instructions.

5. What are some suggested side dishes to serve with "Chicken Your Way"?

Some great side dishes to serve with "Chicken Your Way" include rice, quinoa, roasted potatoes, or a fresh salad. You can also get creative and pair it with your favorite vegetables or grains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76