• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese Sauce/Dip to Go With Beer Bread?

In summary, to make a basic cheese sauce for beer bread dip, melt butter in a saucepan, whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, gradually add milk, and stir in shredded cheese until melted. Any type of cheese can be used and the dip can be made ahead of time and reheated. To add more flavor, spices, herbs, hot sauce, or Worcestershire sauce can be added. Other ingredients such as diced tomatoes, bacon, onions, jalapenos, and shredded meats can also be added for a unique dip.
Aun
Gold Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a fairly simple cheese sauce or fondue or any dip that would go well with the beer bread. Any ideas?

This is from CC:

Elegant Cheese Fondue
Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
1/4 cup non-alcoholic wine, beer or apple juice
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
Assorted dippers such as French bread cubes, bite-size vegetables or cooked ham cubes

Directions:
1. Combine soup, cheese, wine, garlic and hot pepper sauce in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after each minute.

2. Pour cheese mixture into Simple Additions™ Small Bowl. Serve fondue immediately with assorted dippers.

Yield: 1 3/4 cups (14 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue): Calories 45, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook’s Tips: If the fondue thickens while serving, place the Small Bowl in the microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until fondue is hot; stir until smooth.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Thanks!Fabulous! Looks both easy and tasty! I can't wait to give it a try!

THANKS, ANN!

1. How do I make a basic cheese sauce for beer bread dip?

To make a basic cheese sauce, start by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, whisk in 2 tablespoons of flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of milk until the mixture thickens. Finally, stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese until it is fully melted and smooth.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for the sauce?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for your beer bread dip. Some popular options include cheddar, Gouda, and Swiss. You can also mix different types of cheese for a more complex flavor.

3. Can I make the dip ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time and reheat it. However, the consistency may change slightly when reheating, so it is best to add a splash of milk and stir it well before serving.

4. How can I spice up my cheese sauce for a more flavorful dip?

There are many ways to add flavor to your cheese sauce. You can add spices such as garlic powder, paprika, or cayenne pepper. You can also mix in chopped fresh herbs like thyme or parsley. Another option is to add a splash of hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce for a tangy kick.

5. What other ingredients can I add to my cheese sauce for a unique dip?

There are endless possibilities for adding ingredients to your cheese sauce. Some popular options include diced tomatoes, cooked bacon, caramelized onions, or chopped jalapenos. You can also mix in different types of shredded meats, such as chicken or pulled pork, for a heartier dip. Don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavors!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carolcooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
amybee
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies