• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Opportunities with the Chamber of Commerce

The benefits of joining the Chamber are that your company name is listed on their website, you can network with other PC consultants, and you can attend events to learn more about the industry.
jcwarr
after my last post - this one is a little happier :)

through a show i became friends with someone in my town who runs the membership dept of our chamber of commerce. they do not have a pc person yet and would love one! here's my dilemma - i am doing pc on a very part time basis right now. if i have one show every other month to stay active i am happy! i am a sahm with limited help for babysitting - and we would like to get pregnant again in the coming year which means as of around 16 weeks i will be starting to enter bed rest - another long story - but i know i will be on it again!! at that point i will not be able to do shows - so i don't want to grow my business too much as i will not be able to keep up with it! i see pc in long range terms - something fun to do now - and something to 'return' to when my children enter school.

so do i pay the fee to join the chamber - do the expo where 1000-1500 people walk through over the course of 3 1/2 hours - and try to expand my customer base from the mommy and me group which is not always coming through?

i'm just torn between stressing myself out when i don't really need to - and wanting to ensure i have a great customer base for when i need to keep active! thanks for any help or guidance!

I was thinking about joining the Chamber too.:confused: But I am almost embarrassed because it's so professional - not that we aren't. I am definately going to look into it after I post this. :)

No need to feel embarrassed! We are who we see ourselves as. And I for one am a professional business person. My dearest friend is the director of the Chamber in my town and is always very suportive and helpful when it comes to do with anything with my business. She has been a god-send and has told me that a lot of why she is willing to help me out so much is because I treat my business like a business, not a hobby. I go to the chamber events and hold my head high when asked what I do. It took me a while to get this confident, but we do have the best job in the world right? You need to believe that!

robinlkoch said:
No need to feel embarrassed! We are who we see ourselves as. And I for one am a professional business person. My dearest friend is the director of the Chamber in my town and is always very suportive and helpful when it comes to do with anything with my business. She has been a god-send and has told me that a lot of why she is willing to help me out so much is because I treat my business like a business, not a hobby. I go to the chamber events and hold my head high when asked what I do. It took me a while to get this confident, but we do have the best job in the world right? You need to believe that!

Thanks so much for the confidence boost!;) Also Congrats! on promoting to Director.:D

What are the benefits of joining the Chamber? One thing I was told is that our local chamber lists all members & their company name on their website but that as PC consultants we aren't allowed to have that info on the web! I would love more info on this!

My host for my next show has had two consultant quit on her so she has the impression that there are flaky people out there. We all need to treat it as a business even if it is just a hobby. I feel bad if my hair and clothing are not to a certain level when I have my magnets on my car because I am representing my business.

What is a Chamber of Commerce?

A Chamber of Commerce is an organization that promotes and protects the interests of businesses and industries in a particular area. It facilitates networking and collaboration among businesses and advocates for policies that benefit the local business community.

Why should I join the Chamber of Commerce?

Joining the Chamber of Commerce can provide numerous benefits for your business, such as networking opportunities, access to resources and information, and advocacy for your business interests. It can also help you establish credibility and visibility within the local community.

How do I become a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

You can become a member of the Chamber of Commerce by filling out a membership application and paying the required dues. Some Chambers may also have additional requirements, such as being a registered business in the area.

What types of events and programs does the Chamber of Commerce offer?

The Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of events and programs to support the local business community. These may include networking events, educational workshops and seminars, business expos, and community events.

Can non-business owners join the Chamber of Commerce?

Yes, the Chamber of Commerce welcomes non-business owners as members. This can include individuals who are interested in supporting the local business community, or professionals who provide services to businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• utopianaurora
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
CarlyK
  • smspamperedchef