• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalogs per Month: A Guide for Direct Sales Consultants

In summary, Jennie encourages her customers to take home their catalogs, and finds that by recycling them she can keep them around for six months.
naekelsey
Gold Member
How many catalogs does everyone go through if you are having at least 8 to 10 shows a month?

I encourage all my customers to take them home, so I'd figure it out as 8 shows X 10 guests = 80 catalogs + 8 host packages X 3 catalogs = 24 catalogs, so 104 per month. :)

If you have 8-10 shows per month on your calendar I would order 200-300 catalogs at the beginning of the season. Not everyone will keep them, not every show will have 10 guests, etc. keep track for the first two or three months and figure an average that you need each month. Shipping is just $4.75 so it's not a huge expense to get more and it is more out of your pocket if you get too many.

I average 9 to 10 shows a month and go through about 1000 catalogs in a season

Thanks for all your answers!! Now I have something to go off of....

PamperedK said:
I encourage all my customers to take them home, so I'd figure it out as 8 shows X 10 guests = 80 catalogs + 8 host packages X 3 catalogs = 24 catalogs, so 104 per month.

:)

Do you find that those who take home catalogs later call you with orders? My concern would be they would take them home and then just dump them in the trash.

Jennie, just ask them to go GREEN. :D You can tell them if they are going to use it, they are welcome to take it. Otherwise, please leave it so you can recycle it and use it at the next show. ;)

Just make sure they go home with something that has your info on it. Many people love to have the catalog but others will be happier with your magnet or business card or a recipe card. You want them to take what they'll keep so they can find it when someone asks if they know a consultant or when they need something. I've had people call 2 years after I met their friend and ordered or had a show. It's like the website, response is slow at first but in time it all pays for itself and more.

I do 8-14 cooking/catalog shows a month. I go through about 200 catalogs per season. I make my own business cards with a recipe on them (have them printed at Office Max-$4 for 120 b.c.) to hand out to everyone. People love them! I also give mini cats at the beginning of the season until I run out (usually get 10 packs). At this point, I have found that I can't justify the expense of giving everyone a catalog, although I let those that ask, take them (of course, I also suggest giving them a mini instead-goes in the purse better).

pchockeymom said:
I do 8-14 cooking/catalog shows a month. I go through about 200 catalogs per season. I make my own business cards with a recipe on them (have them printed at Office Max-$4 for 120 b.c.) to hand out to everyone. People love them! I also give mini cats at the beginning of the season until I run out (usually get 10 packs). At this point, I have found that I can't justify the expense of giving everyone a catalog, although I let those that ask, take them (of course, I also suggest giving them a mini instead-goes in the purse better).

How many do you put in your host packages?? Even if you only do 8 shows each month and put 2 in each host kit that's 100....you manage to recycle 100 catalogs for 6 months? That's pretty good!

I find I can tell which catalogs have been "used" a number of times - not everyone takes a catalog home with them. They get all ratty and torn and written on...I'm impressed if you can recycle 100 catalogs through 10 shows a month for 6 months!

Yes, I recycle my host packet cattys and host packets. I just tell them I'd like them back! I give 3 per h.p. Catty shows I give 4, but I get them back (usually). I have 20 guest packets made up for my shows and tell the guests at the show that when they're done, I'd like the packet with catalog, order form, wishlist, and c.c. card in it. People don't seem offended. They understand they're costly so they're happy with my web info or a mini cat.

Related to Catalogs per Month: A Guide for Direct Sales Consultants

What is the average number of catalogs a month?

The average number of catalogs sent out per month varies depending on the industry and size of the company. However, according to the Direct Marketing Association, the average number of catalogs sent out per month is around 7. This number can range from 2-10 catalogs per month.

How many catalogs should a small business send out per month?

It is recommended that small businesses send out 4-6 catalogs per month. This allows for a consistent presence without overwhelming the customer with too many catalogs.

What factors should be considered when determining how many catalogs to send out per month?

Some factors to consider when determining the number of catalogs to send out per month include the size of the company, budget, target audience, and the product or service being advertised. It is important to find a balance between sending enough catalogs to reach customers, but not so many that it becomes overwhelming or costly.

How often should a company update their catalogs?

This can vary depending on the company and industry, but it is recommended to update catalogs at least once a year. However, if there are major changes to products or services, it may be necessary to update catalogs more frequently.

Is it better to send out physical catalogs or digital catalogs?

This depends on the target audience and industry. While physical catalogs may be preferred by some customers, digital catalogs can reach a wider audience and may be more cost-effective for the company. It is important to consider the preferences and behaviors of the target audience when deciding which type of catalog to send out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CAPCnewbie
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK