• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Show Package: Must-Have Items & Tips for Success | Dena's Guide

In summary, when putting together a package for catalog shows, it is recommended to include 4 catalogs and 10 outside order forms. Other items to consider are guest and host flyers, recruiting information, and additional incentives such as Catalog Tic-tac-toe or Catalog Host Coaching. It is also suggested to include the host and guest specials and an opportunity brochure. A cover letter and catalog show planner can also be included to make a professional impression. For closing a show over the phone using a credit card, it is important to check with the company's policies. If hosting a show through a website is not an option, it is recommended to tailor the planner to fit one's needs and to keep the show open for no more than two weeks.
Denarella
what to put in a package for catalog shows? I have to put two together for my ex mother in law and her sister for tomorrow. I realize I need catalogs and September OOFs, guest flyer and host flyer but how many and what else?

What else do I need to do or keep track of with them?

TIA!

Dena

I usually put 4 cattys and 10 or so OOFs for catty shows.
Recruiting info?Otherwise, sounds good.

Do you make copies of one OOF on a copy machine or do you print out the order forms on your printer. I have been wondering what is the most cost effective.

chefann said:
I usually put 4 cattys and 10 or so OOFs for catty shows.
Recruiting info?

Otherwise, sounds good.
I do too. I put 3 cattys, 4 OOF, and your life your way in to. My last one a I also added a flyer on how to have a sucessful catty show but that it:D

I found here somewhere a file called Catalog Tic-tac-toe, and I usually put one of those in there as well since it is full of good incentives.

Do a search for catalog host coaching. It has several flyers posted in the thread to use for catalog shows. I don't know how to link it to this post.

Thank you ladies....didnt know if I was missing something huge. I want to make a good first impression. Not only is my ex mother in law doing this for me but she's also doing it behind her boss's back. His wife sells PC! ;) :eek:

Can someone tell me if the catalog planner in the Files section of this site is up to date? (its dated 2/06) Do you recommend putting this in the packet?

Denarella said:
Thank you ladies....didnt know if I was missing something huge. I want to make a good first impression. Not only is my ex mother in law doing this for me but she's also doing it behind her boss's back. His wife sells PC! ;) :eek:

LOL, I'm sure the boss' wife would understand.

tlennhoff said:
LOL, I'm sure the boss' wife would understand.

Its not like she NEEDS the money....

It looks up to date to me.

I would also add the host and guest specials in there ...

Dena - I just mailed a Sept. catalog show packet off today, and here's what I put in it:

Host Cover Letter (attached below)
Catalog Show Planner (attached below)
Host & Guest Specials
5 catalogs
10 outside order forms

I got the show planner off of here and modified it for me, and I made my own cover letter - I think it looks nice and professional. HTH!

Attachments

• Host Cover Letter - Catalog.doc
    16.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Catalog show planner.doc
    42 KB · Views: 387
Cathy,Your planners are awesome!! I'm going to use these. They are a lot more exciting than what I have been using. Thanks.Julie

lockhartkitchen said:
Cathy,

Your planners are awesome!! I'm going to use these. They are a lot more exciting than what I have been using. Thanks.

Julie

Glad you like it! Like I said, I borrowed it from here! :)

Since I've been using the cover letter and planner for my catty shows, my cat. show avg has gone WAY up!! :)

Oh, and I should have said that I also include an opportunity brochure in all of my packets - catty or cooking (or fundraiser or wedding or whatever!!) ;)

cathyskitchen said:
Dena - I just mailed a Sept. catalog show packet off today, and here's what I put in it:

Host Cover Letter (attached below)
Catalog Show Planner (attached below)
Host & Guest Specials
5 catalogs
10 outside order forms

I got the show planner off of here and modified it for me, and I made my own cover letter - I think it looks nice and professional. HTH!

Cathy I loved your cover letter the only thing that I have a question about is when you have in there about closing the show over the phone using a credit card...how do you submit that. I didn't think that a host could put all of the orders on a credit card?? Am I incorrect about that?? And if not how would you do that??

PS sorry to hi-jack thread

Thanks Cath..that's perfect...my only question is if Im brand spankin' new can they go thru my website? Im still calling for my debit card number on the PC 800 number and my debit card application still hasnt been processed yet. Therefore, no website yet. Im trying to tailor your planner to me since Im so new.

HOw long do you request they keep the show open? One week? Two weeks? I would think nothing more than that because people forget, yes?

Denarella said:
Thanks Cath..that's perfect...my only question is if Im brand spankin' new can they go thru my website? Im still calling for my debit card number on the PC 800 number and my debit card application still hasnt been processed yet. Therefore, no website yet. Im trying to tailor your planner to me since Im so new.
Yes, they can go through your website if you're new. They'll need to enter the host name to place an order. Well.... once you get your site. :)

I usually keep catty shows open about 2 weeks (unless I forget about them, LOL). That's long enough for the host to contact her friends, but not so long that the people who ordered on day 1 get too sick of waiting. Another way to let the early-birds know that it will be a short wait, is to put a note on the front of each catalog with the order due date, estimated delivery (add 2 weeks to the due date), check info (who to write checks to), and your contact info in case they have questions.

chefheidi2003 said:
Cathy I loved your cover letter the only thing that I have a question about is when you have in there about closing the show over the phone using a credit card...how do you submit that. I didn't think that a host could put all of the orders on a credit card?? Am I incorrect about that?? And if not how would you do that??

PS sorry to hi-jack thread

I put the entire amount owed on the host's order payment screen on her credit/debit card. The guests pay her and she deposits the checks/cash into her account, and it comes back out when I submit the order (just like if I were taking the checks/cash and deposting into my account). I have had several out of town catalog shows and it really works best this way for me - I don't have to wait to get the checks and make sure they clear before I submit the show. I explain this to my catalog show hosts in the beginning and they agree that it's easier, too.

Denarella said:
HOw long do you request they keep the show open? One week? Two weeks? I would think nothing more than that because people forget, yes?

I set a "Closing Date" with the host, so she knows she has to have all of her orders in by that date. I coach her just like any other show - call and make sure things are going well, ask if she needs more cattys, and if we'll close on time. Setting the date instead of saying a random "we'll close in two weeks" has really helped keep a tight reign on my catty shows - some hosts would forget about them, or just drag them out forever. Now, if the expectation up front is to close on a certain date, they have that "goal" in their head and usually meet it, unless something strange comes up.

cathyskitchen said:
I put the entire amount owed on the host's order payment screen on her credit/debit card. The guests pay her and she deposits the checks/cash into her account, and it comes back out when I submit the order (just like if I were taking the checks/cash and deposting into my account). I have had several out of town catalog shows and it really works best this way for me - I don't have to wait to get the checks and make sure they clear before I submit the show. I explain this to my catalog show hosts in the beginning and they agree that it's easier, too.

That is a really good idea. Thank you for the tip. I am actually getting ready to do some out of town shows so that is great info.

Recently I started adding th Host Special for the following month as well...that way if someone wants to book a show they can see the special.

i put a catalog host cover letter, attached below, host rewards flyer, guest and host specials for that month and the following month and a business opportunity flyer. i got really nice folders that have pockets on each side and hold the clear page protectors in the middle so i put catalogs on one side, order forms on the other and all the info in the middle. (i do also ask for the folder back though, they weren't cheap)

Attachments

• lisa's catalog show.pub
    48.5 KB · Views: 331
I was putting the host special in all my catalogs for eryone to see incase someone wanted to book a show, until someone (not the host) didn't read and ordered the hose special. Now, I put it in the catalogs still but I make sure highlight on it that it is the hose special.

1. What is included in the Catalog Show Package?

The Catalog Show Package includes a variety of must-have items for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and recipe cards. It also includes helpful tips and resources for maximizing your sales and bookings.

2. How do I use the items in the Catalog Show Package?

The items in the Catalog Show Package are designed to be used during your Pampered Chef party to showcase the products and recipes. The recipe cards can be handed out to guests to encourage them to order the featured products.

3. How can I ensure a successful catalog show using this package?

To have a successful catalog show using this package, it is important to follow the tips provided in Dena's Guide. This includes promoting your party, setting up a virtual party page, and following up with guests after the party.

4. Can I customize the items in the Catalog Show Package?

The items in the Catalog Show Package are set, but you can always add in your own personal touch by including additional recipes or samples of your favorite products. This can help make your party more unique and engaging.

5. How do I order the Catalog Show Package?

The Catalog Show Package can be ordered through your Pampered Chef consultant or through the Pampered Chef website. It is a great investment for hosting successful parties and growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kitchencop
  • Heather Rogers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • California Girl