• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caring for Pet Fish: What to Do When Water Evaporates?

In summary, it is recommended to refill the water in your fish tank every 1-2 weeks using a bucket or pitcher to slowly pour in the water. Tap water can be used, but it must be treated with a water conditioner first. You can check the water level regularly and top off the tank as needed to maintain proper levels and prevent any stress or health issues for your fish.
jenniferlynne
Anyone have these when they were younger? I did but it was so long ago, I don't remember how to take care of them. I got my step-daughter some for Christmas and I don't know where the instructions are. The water looks horrible. I do know that it is because she has fed them too much. There water is also starting to evaporate. Can I just add more tap water or do I need to do something to it?

OMG I used to love these! I got some for my kids about 3 years ago - they only lasted a few months though - have you looked on the internet? I don't recall how to care for them.

My neighbor gave one of these to my son a few weeks ago! It died though. She didn't give any instructions with it so I googled it (sea-monkey.com). You might want to just go there and read about it.

my middle son has grown these since he was in 1st grade he's a junior now. They have really cool habitats now!
we have some growing now but he's done it for so long he doesn't keep instructions
they are fun to watch

Related to Caring for Pet Fish: What to Do When Water Evaporates?

1. How often should I refill the water in my fish tank?

It is recommended to refill the water in your fish tank every 1-2 weeks. This will help maintain the proper water quality and levels for your pet fish.

2. What is the best way to refill the water in my fish tank?

The best way to refill the water in your fish tank is to use a bucket or pitcher to slowly pour in the water. This will prevent any disturbance to the fish or decorations in the tank.

3. Can I use tap water to refill my fish tank?

Yes, you can use tap water to refill your fish tank, but it is important to treat the water first. You can use a water conditioner to remove any harmful chemicals or bacteria that may be present in tap water.

4. How do I know if the water in my fish tank has evaporated?

You can check the water level in your fish tank regularly to see if it has decreased. You may also notice a buildup of minerals or salt deposits on the glass of the tank, which is a sign of evaporation.

5. Should I top off my fish tank with more water as it evaporates?

Yes, it is important to top off your fish tank with more water as it evaporates. This will help maintain the proper water levels and prevent any stress or health issues for your fish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • kam