• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Card Declined? Don't Worry! Follow Our Easy Solution Center Tips

In summary, the customer was told multiple times not to send the whole plate back, but they did anyway.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I have this customer who's card was declined. I got a call 7/1 saying what had happened. When I asked them to run the card again, the woman told me it had already been done twice and I'd have to wait until Monday for them to do it again. So, I call Monday and the woman is surprised that I called because they only ran it through once. She informs me they should have done it at least twice before calling me. So, I sent in an email....

ME: I just had to share the following concern: I received a call
on Saturday, July 1st around 11am EST. I was informed that my show #33
had been placed on hold because a card was declined. I explained that it
was a debit card and perhaps the funds hadn't cleared at that time, but
may be available at that time and requested that it be run through
again. I was informed by whoever called me that it had already been run
through twice and that I would have to wait until Monday to do it again.
I just called moments ago and spoke to the most helpful lady named
Phyllis. She ran the card and remarked in a somewhat surprised manner
that it had only been run through once. Imagine my shock when I realized
that I worried about something all weekend for nothing and that I
embarrassed myself and the Pampered Chef to this customer who swore that
there was plenty to cover the funds. I'm sure she was more frustrated
than embarrassed. To the customer, it looks like I don't know how to run
my business and that the Pampered Chef doesn't either. I only wish that
when that person contacted me on Saturday that she would have just run
the card like I asked. It would have spared all involved unnecesary
embarrassment.

This is the response: Your attached email has been forwarded to my attention for review and response. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience when resolving your K33 order. Our standard procedure when a customer's credit card/debit card it initially rejected is to immediately run it
twice before a call would be made to the Consultant. According to our records we attempted to re-run the credit card 2 more times, once on 7/1
at 10:39 am and on 7/3 at 3:35 pm the card was accepted.

So, if anyone is counting, this is answer #3 regarding the problem. Three different people, three different responses. The issue was resolved, and I'm glad, but PUH-LEASE. Did we need to go through all this?

I can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say about this at conference...I only have to imagine that something should be said to us consultants about how they are going to fix all of the issues that we are having. Oh, and I am sorry you had to go through this...

It just kills me because the supervisor didn't say this one was mistaken or that one. She gave me a whole new scenario. So, now who's right?

The same thing happened to me.I got an email on 06/30 that one of my shows was on hold due to a declined credit card. So after a couple days I'm able to contact the person and they agree to mail me a check. I called the home office on 07/03 to tell them to take the money from my account because I'm getting a different method of payment from the customer. The customer service person at home office tells me the show is already off hold. They tried running the credit card a second time and it went through. They should have tried it a second time before telling me there was a problem. Even still....they should have sent me a follow up email to let me know everything was fixed. Fortunately I was able to contact the customer before she mailed a check. It still made me and the Pampered Chef look like we didn't know what we were doing!

You know, it's not just credit card stuff...I did an on-line adjustment for the Stripped Rectangular Plate. The confirmation e-mail says do not ship it back. The e-mail the next day says ship the whole thing back. I called and asked why the whole thing as I have never had to do that before. And a platter that costs $24 is $13.50 to ship back per my guest.
NOT A CHANCE says my guest.
Then the rep repeates the words, "But that's our policy".
OK if that is the case then why 6 months ago was I told to only send a piece of the broken stone from another customer, this was an on-line adjust. And 8 months ago I sent nothing to the Home Office when a rectangular baker blew up in another guests oven. Or when I needed to replace my mom's Simple Addtions Large Square plate and they had me send a piece after they told me the whole thing had to be returned and I said that no, the guest could not afford to do that, and was told it is NOT their policy to have a guest send the a whole piece of stoneware of any kind backso we sent a piece of it.
I wish to HE double hocky sticks they all had the same policy over there!
I think I may have lost a customer because of that platter.

John - I feel your pain! Just keep asking for a supervisor unil you get the answer you want!

That sucks about having to send the whole thing back. I thought the rule was a palm sized piece no matter whether it was a stone or Simple Additions. Maybe just send the palm sized piece and see if HO says something.

It would be a different story if we got the same response for the same problem from different people at HO. Hey, keep calling... You may just get someone who will give you what you want!!

I posted on another thread tonight. Take a digital photo of your defective product, and e-mail it to HO. "Seeing is believing". It has worked on three
different products in the past 9 months. They were convinced and said they would make an exception, and not require me to send the shattered 12" glass lid for the Professional Cookware, back to them for a warranty replacement. It is safety glass similar to what our automobiles have. Can you imagine the
mess I had to deal with, let along package it to ship to them. I'm so thankful that someone used common sense on that one, and accepted the photo.

I think there a lot of new employees working there that don't know what they are doing. Maybe they need more training. You can always ask for a supervisor. This will usually help.

Its funny because for my particular problem, the supervisor was story #3. I'm trying to cut them some slack but geeze.

What's really frightening is that now customers can also call HO direct for a problem......I had a past host do this to return something, and she finally called me to have me run interference for her, because she couldn't get them to understand what she wanted to do. (Talk about PC looking bad to the customer!)......My director told me to just routinely ask for a supervisor when I call - so now I do - that does help. AND I still say that if you are going to hire people who will work directly with an English speaking public, they should be able to speak and understand English CLEARLY!

ChefBeckyD said:
AND I still say that if you are going to hire people who will work directly with an English speaking public, they should be able to speak and understand English CLEARLY!
I couldn't agree more. I love all types of people, but the one time I called I just wasn't getting what the guy was saying.

Exactly! I have no problem with hiring people who don't speak English well (or at all), This is the land of opportunity! BUT - to me it is just common sense to not put people in a job where communication is key, when they have difficulties communicating. It must be frustrating for them too, not just us!

Yep, seems to be lots of chaos there at the HO.

I called b/c the food holder on my US&G, which is less than a year old, broke. One of the prongs snapped off.

I had to dig through my paperwork to find the "show number" (I earned it in my SS2 package) because the guy couldn't find it in the computer and then I had to tell him that he needed to ship it to me first before receiving my return so I can do my shows this weekend and then I'll send the broken one back. I emphasized that I just needed a new food holder.

In the meantime I super glued it back together and it works okay. Then yesterday, what is on my doorstep? A brand new Us&G--the whole kit and kaboodle!

Now what the heck do I do?!?!?

That is good for you Deb, but they might call and want it back. I would take it and use the whole new one, then maybe if they call send your old holder and USG back.

I have had fits with my personal webiste. It was paid for through my account once. Then a week later the bank called saying they were attempting to send it through again. My account would have bouced b/c i just keep show money only in it. Thankfully, I am in a small town and the banker new me and rejected it. I called PC and the could not figure out why it tried again b/c they showed it paid. Well, a week later PC tried to withdraw it AGAIN! Same thing - banker called I called PC. PC then told me it automatically tried again b/c it was rejected once. I told them it should have never triedn again period b/c it was PAID the first time. Ok, I am told issue resolved. This was in the very beginning of May. Well at the middle of June I went on my website to check orders b/c I had some coming in and this day b/c a show was closing and got a message that "accouting" had shut down my website. Called PC and was told they just realized it was NEVER paid for!!!! I was so mad!! I demanded a surpervisor when through the whole problem with her, had to fax my bank statement to prove it had been paid before they would turn it back on.

I also agree about the English speaking. I had been wondering if others felt the same way. I have had major communications problems. And then they want to sound all aggravated at me and I cannot help it if I cannot understand what they are asking me.

I didn't want to say anything about the language barrier because I didn't want people to think I meant something I didn't. I'm glad I'm not alone. Let's face it- there are plenty of native born people who can't speak the language. I imagine its very hard for the employees as well. You know some people have got to be rude because of the accent.

Yeah, Anne, we REALLY think your anti-immigrant :DTalk about accents...I was raised in the south and my vocal and acting coaches beat it out of me! Oil is NOT spelled ole...or pronounced! teehee...Anyhoo, I guess my weird point is that thick accents from regions of America are sometimes hard to understand. If you have never come across this, go to Louisiana and speak to a French Cajun!

cmdtrgd said:
If you have never come across this, go to Louisiana and speak to a French Cajun!

You mean that's part of the USA? LOL I love that area. I've been there many times and its always felt like home away from home.

Deb, keep the new US&G and send the whole old one back. I had a customer who bought an egg slicer, when it arrived the wires were broken. We did an adjustment and they sent the whole slicer...it also had broken wires and then I did another adjustment and they sent another whole slicer. So, I have 2 brand new ones that have broken wires. They didn't want them back.

Shawnna said:
Deb, keep the new US&G and send the whole old one back. I had a customer who bought an egg slicer, when it arrived the wires were broken. We did an adjustment and they sent the whole slicer...it also had broken wires and then I did another adjustment and they sent another whole slicer. So, I have 2 brand new ones that have broken wires. They didn't want them back.
order 2 replacement wires and you have two good ones to use. They told you they don't want them back so make them good and use them!

BethCooks4U said:
order 2 replacement wires and you have two good ones to use. They told you they don't want them back so make them good and use them!
I agree! I know I could always use another one, or you could use them as prizes. I've sold a ton since doing the Mini Capreses and Strawberry Amaretto Pastries.

What does it mean when my card is declined?

When your card is declined, it means that your bank or credit card company has denied the transaction for some reason. This could be due to insufficient funds, suspicious activity, or an incorrect card number or expiration date.

What should I do if my card is declined?

If your card is declined, don't panic! The first step is to make sure that you have entered the correct card information and that you have enough funds to cover the transaction. If everything is correct, you can contact your bank or credit card company to see why the transaction was declined.

Can I still place an order if my card is declined?

Yes, you can still place an order if your card is declined. Our Easy Solution Center offers tips and tricks to help you resolve the issue and successfully complete your purchase. You can also try using a different form of payment, such as a different credit card or PayPal.

How long will it take for my card to be declined?

The time it takes for a card to be declined can vary depending on the reason for the decline. In some cases, it may be declined instantly, while in others, it may take a few hours or even a few days for the bank or credit card company to process the decline.

Will my personal information be safe if my card is declined?

Yes, your personal information will still be safe even if your card is declined. We use secure technology to protect your information, and we do not store any sensitive data such as credit card numbers. If you have any concerns, you can contact our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Rosechef
Replies