• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Me Improve My Website?

In summary, the website owner is frustrated with receiving basic navigation questions through the "contact me" form on their website, despite having all the information readily available on the website. They are seeking suggestions on how to make the website more user-friendly, such as adding visual tutorials and making information easier to find. Some possible solutions discussed were switching the order and color scheme of the sections, and adding a separate heading for "How to Get Started." The website owner acknowledges that it is difficult to anticipate how different people will react to the website.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
I am a little frustrated and hoping you guys have better suggestions for me to make my website a little more user-friendly.

Here is a common scenario that I get emailed about alot.

I get emails from the "contact me" form on my website, asking how much the subscription costs, what it includes and how to get started. All of the answers are on the website. I know the person is already on the website because that's where they emailed me from. So how can I design the website to avoid these instances. I don't want to put a big flashing banner on the front page that says "$15! $15! $15!".

I do plan to add some visual tutorials on how to use the site, but these questions seem to be basic navigation questions and I'm not sure how to lay it out so it's easier to find the information.

OK what I want to reply would sound super rude (not to you but to many others)So.....
Maybe put a BIG tab that says Subscription INFO then spell it out in the simplest terms.

I looked at your Home page for TT, and really, "you can't fix stupid!" If people can't read, there is little you can do! It says right there "What's Included" and "What does it Cost?" Uh....hello?! They just don't want to scroll or click around. The couple of thoughts I had :
* maybe switch the two sections??? So that the "what's the cost" section is listed before the "what's included" section- mostly because it's SHORTER, so they'll see both sections on the screen before they have to scroll down. Does that make sense??* change the colors of the font on those sections? The blue is very subtle. What about making the "About Tasty Tidbits" the blue color, and the "What's Included"/"Whats the Cost" sections the Purple color...it stands out more?* Then have a heading to match for "How to Get Started" that is just a link like your "Click here to Sign up now" link in the "about tt" paragraph. I'd put it below the "What's included"..so they have it at the top section in the "About", and then have it at the bottom- assuming they read the rest of the page.Otherwise, that's all I could think of- simple visual tweaks.....if people can't read, you can't make them I guess.

Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely take a look at changing things around. Maybe I'll update the entire site... dunno... I'm so indecisive sometimes! It's so hard to anticipate the way hundreds of people will react, especially when they all react differently!

I agree with Bobbi, changing the color scheme to mkae things stand out I think will help. People who don't like to read and are visual will be attracted to a different color

1. How can I improve the overall design and layout of my website?

To improve the design and layout of your website, consider simplifying the navigation menu, using consistent branding and color schemes, and incorporating high-quality images and graphics. It is also important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly and easy to navigate for all users.

2. What can I do to make my website more user-friendly?

To make your website more user-friendly, focus on creating clear and concise content, using easy-to-read fonts and font sizes, and providing a search bar for users to easily find what they are looking for. It is also helpful to have a FAQ page and contact information readily available for any questions or concerns.

3. How can I increase website traffic and attract more visitors?

To increase website traffic, consider implementing search engine optimization techniques, such as using relevant keywords, creating engaging content, and building backlinks from reputable websites. Utilizing social media platforms and email marketing can also help attract more visitors to your website.

4. What are some ways to improve the functionality and performance of my website?

To improve functionality and performance, make sure your website is regularly updated and maintained, optimize images and videos for faster loading times, and make use of plugins or tools to enhance features such as forms and contact pages. It is also important to regularly test and fix any broken links or errors on the site.

5. How can I make my website more visually appealing and engaging?

To make your website more visually appealing and engaging, consider using eye-catching visuals, incorporating multimedia elements such as videos or interactive features, and utilizing white space to create a clean and organized layout. It is also helpful to regularly update content and offer promotions or discounts to keep users interested and coming back to your site.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
algdoughty
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • pamperedcheermom