• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Extend Your 30 Day Deadline for a Show?

In summary, Has anyone been succesful at this? Not to sound harsh, but life (and death) happens and I seriously doubt if they will change your dates. The only time I have heard of it is if you can prove it was an issue with the delivery of your kit. We all have issues with our hosts and have circumstances beyond our control. Just roll with the punches. There will always be another incentive just around the corner.
Becky0216
Has anyone Succesfully gotten their 30 day extended? I am currently trying due to the show I have to submit (The one whose Uncle was murdered). I feel this was completely out of my hands. I did the show over a week before my 30 day and was set to close it by monday. I am just waiting on the Host to pick her items, but they just had the services yesterday and I am anticipating a call from her next week. The only issue is today is my 30 day. The sales are at 1012.00 so it was a good show.
My only reason for wanting this counted as my 30 day is the PC dollars I should earn for it. I did my part by meeting my goal. I already was told that my host can;t get the charter host gift even though I already told her she was. So I am buying that out of pocket. I already am fine with not getting the HWC products free even though I would have earned them if this show closed correctly. All I am asking for is to not be penalized for everything.

I never asked for anything more or argued when I had to call over and over for HO messing my orders up so badly. I feel I have been more than patient and understanding. I hope they will be as well.

Sorry so long, just wanted to give a background
But has anyone been succesful at this?

not to sound harsh, but life (and death) happens. I seriously doubt if they will change your dates. The only time I have heard of it is if you can prove it was an issue with the delivery of your kit. We all have issues with our hosts and have circumstances beyond our control. Just roll with the punches. There will always be another incentive just around the corner.;)

p.s. can you imagine HO's headache if consultants were always calling for an exception?

I am only asking for this exception because I had to deal with all their mess ups, so now I am calling in a favor to make up for it.
As for my kit, i didn't get it correctly. The wrong cattys were there, I was missing a few of my products and had paperwork missing as well. They are aware of that. WhenI got my adjustment, they messed it up again. Then I rodered Supplies which are finally correct, but after 5 adjustments!
So I am just hoping because I have had such bad luck with them, they wuold be willing to help me out.
I know death happens. And if the host was someone I didn't know I would have called already to see about closing. But these are my hubbys bosses and I dont want to step on toes.

They won't extend your date unless it was an error due to shipping or something. It does bite that it happened this way. You will still get great benefits in your next 30 days, just not as much as you would have in your first 30 days. By the way for the charter gift, I think it is as long as they hold a show with in your first 30 days (I could be wrong). But with a show that high, if you put it on the host's order, you will save 30% and make commission on the amount you paid plus the amount you pay is fully tax dedutable (don't forget to add it in as a consultant gift when you do). So basically if she picks the trivet, you will be paying very little out of pocket.

Actually I have heard Doris tell a story about this kind of issue.

I am sorry but they most probably will not consider an extension. The only thing that I have seen them change the "rules" for is a natural disaster like Katrina. Individual tragedies can't be considered unfortunately.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} I know that is a big disappointment for you.

If you are only waiting for the host order, is there any way you can talk to the host and help her pick some things out? Tell her that the deadline is beyond your control and that if she decides later that she picked in haste she can go back and exchange things (with no penalty within 30 days - after that she has to pay shipping to return).

Hope that helps.

thanks wadesgirl. They said the trivet had to be submitted by my 30 day. I will put it on her order though.

Becky0216 said:
I am only asking for this exception because I had to deal with all their mess ups, so now I am calling in a favor to make up for it.
As for my kit, i didn't get it correctly. The wrong cattys were there, I was missing a few of my products and had paperwork missing as well. They are aware of that. WhenI got my adjustment, they messed it up again. Then I rodered Supplies which are finally correct, but after 5 adjustments!
So I am just hoping because I have had such bad luck with them, they wuold be willing to help me out.
I know death happens. And if the host was someone I didn't know I would have called already to see about closing. But these are my hubbys bosses and I dont want to step on toes.
You posted this as I was posting. Definitely call HO and ask, remind them about your problems... TALK TO A SUPERVISOR. Who knows? Maybe...

But if at all possible I'd still try to gently talk to the host.

They just has the funeral and all lastnight, so I kinda don't want to call and bug her today. I would feel aweful.

Becky0216 said:
thanks wadesgirl. They said the trivet had to be submitted by my 30 day. I will put it on her order though.
I wasn't for sure if it was held and submitted with in 30 days (I wasn't on this current program when I signed). But like I said, it will not cost you very much, sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. Or a lot in this case, look at the commission you'll make on this one show!

Is there a reason you're waiting to close the show?

Did you have her share her wish list with you? If so you could plug that in and have the show delivered to you. Then when she is ready you can see if she wanted it differently and once the products are delivered you can make an adjustment. The big problem is that if she would have wanted to use her discount for more she would have lost that option and you'd have to cover her costs until you could talk to her. Adjustments can be made once the show is delivered but not until.

BTW: I never do this and don't recommend it but since things appear out of your control it's a way to get this done.

Remember that the bonus is a bonus and while they are great to get, they are just candy. Your business will reap you a lot of benefits and in no time this "loss" will be forgotten.

Yes, I am waiting because the day I was supposed to close, the hosts uncle was found murdered. The whole crew at the show were all family (daughter, DIL, son, nieces etc) I have everyones orders but the hosts and I think it is bad taste for me to be bothering her this soon to ask her about PC stuff.

No, I don't have a wishlist for her. She didn't do one and I am so new to this, I didn't push for it.

If you had problems with your kit, they will extend your 30 days. So call and talk to a supervisor about that.

I would call NOW so that you can put the issue to rest in your mind. Automatically ask for a supervisor, I don't think the first person you talked to will bend.

I would at least call HO and ask. What is the worse they can say? No? At least you can try and see what they say. ;)

waiting on a call back from a supervisor. I hope they will bend based on my experience. If not I forfeit all I earned with incentives pretty much!.

DebbieJ said:
If you had problems with your kit, they will extend your 30 days. So call and talk to a supervisor about that.

Yes, I would ask due to the adjustment issues and kit issues, not due to the family disaster.

If you couldn't operate correctly because you didn't have all your supplies in hand, that is reason under past rules to adjust the date.

Ask and see where you go for THAT SPECIFIC reason. If no, ask your director (not your recruiter, your director) if she'll call for you for the same reason.

Technically, your director should be checking and asking that for their recruits.

I'd call. It's worth a try. If they say yes then that's awesome, but if they say no then you are no worse off than you are right now. Good luck!

I had a girl sign on sunday, got her kit thursday afternoon, she ended up in the hospital thursday and 9 pm . Had major surgery was in hospital for 3 weeks and they never changed her date.
You however had a problem with your kit, I think they will change it because of kit problems.

Change 30 DayWhat Did Ho Say?

pclinskie said:
I had a girl sign on sunday, got her kit thursday afternoon, she ended up in the hospital thursday and 9 pm . Had major surgery was in hospital for 3 weeks and they never changed her date.
You however had a problem with your kit, I think they will change it because of kit problems.
I am kind of surprised by that one...I'd think they would have changed it for that...especially if she could provide medical papers that she couldn't "work" during that time. Did your upline director request it? Technically directors are the ones to request the change of dates.

Yes, I talked to HO, My Executive called and tryied to even call in some favors. Plus this was my 5th and we all wanted me to promote.
HO's thinking- they give the new consultant 90 days to qualify, The 30 day bonus is just a special push. She did open her kit that thursday ( apparently that made difference)
She did qualify within her 90 days and haven't heard from her since. I do call occasionally to find out about her health.

HO never gt back to me. I sent an email on Wed. and called Thurs and Fri. Still nothing.

Hang in there Becky. Generally, HO only makes exceptions when they've made a mistake in the kit contents or there's a delay in delivery (not an issue here in the States, but sometimes for those overseas with the military/DOD).

In her book, Doris shares why it came to be that way. It was almost impossible to draw lines on which emergencies and life crisises had merit and which didn't. To avoid a nightmare and the invariable drama of 'why not me', the policy is pretty much cut and dried when it comes to incentives.

Also, you posted that if you didn't get this, you'll have forfieted your commission in incentives. I hope this doesn't mean you gave away $200 - $300 in incentives?:eek:

Don't let this discourage you if it doesn't get extended. The freebies and benefits PC gives are great.....and much more generous than my experience with other DS companies. You have a wealth of resources and support here to help you as you move forward in your business.

leggy

any news from HO?

HO just sent me an email this AM saying they were working on it. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.

And I didn't give my commissions away, just my incentives. My HWC products, my pc dollars.

1. Can anyone participate in the Changing 30 Day program?

Yes, the Changing 30 Day program is open to anyone who wants to improve their health and wellness through healthy eating and lifestyle changes.

2. What does the program entail?

The Changing 30 Day program includes a 30-day meal plan, recipes, shopping lists, and daily tips to help you make healthier choices and develop sustainable habits.

3. Are there any additional costs besides the program fee?

No, there are no additional costs. The program fee covers all materials and resources needed for the 30 days.

4. Will I need any special kitchen equipment or ingredients?

No, the program is designed to be accessible to everyone and does not require any special equipment or hard-to-find ingredients. We encourage using fresh, whole foods and basic cooking tools.

5. Is there any support or guidance provided during the 30 days?

Yes, our team of health and nutrition experts will be available to answer any questions and offer support throughout the 30 days. You will also have access to an online community of participants for additional support and accountability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies