• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Can You Double the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

In summary, the host has doubled her guest list for a 2:00 show and wants to double the recipe. The chicken for the recipe was grilled the night before and will need to be reheated. The consultant is unsure if the recipe can be doubled in the DCB and is considering making a batch ahead of time or borrowing her mom's DCB. The consultant expresses frustration with the idea of only serving a taste at a party and shares her plans for a show that night where she will be making two batches of a recipe.
ChefPaulaB
I'm getting ready for a 2:00 show and the host just called and pretty much doubled her guest list and she wants to double the recipe... Can it be doubled in the DCB or should I make a batch up when I get there and then just keep it warm during the demo of the second batch? Also, they grilled the chicken last night so it's going to be cold, should I just warm it up on it's own in the micro or can I just add it in with the pasta when I take it out to stir after 10 minutes? thanks for the info, I'm sure it's on here somewhere but I don't have time to search. I am so glad that HO ships out supply orders so fast! I forgot to order more catalogs and remembered yesterday morning and ordered them about 9:00 am and they are on the truck for delivery today! I just so hope that they get here before I have to leave! :eek: The show is over an hour away! I am soooo un-organized!

I don't think it would fit. Remember that you are just serving a taste.This is a great opportunity to do another recipe made ahead. Or do a quick appetizer, like the pineapple sauce over softened cream cheese, with crackers.

I know that it would probably be enough (she is expecting about 18-20 people) for a taste, but this is a good friend of my mom's and it's at her lake cabin and all of the people are coming from an hour away and she has promised them appetizers, lunch and dessert, she has made the appetizers and dessert plus a salad and garlic bread to go with, but she just wants to make sure that there is enough food for everyone to have a full blown lunch, and after the show they're all going out for a pontoon ride and everything. This is something that I agreed to, just for her because she is a friend. So, if she wants to make a double batch, then we will... I didn't think that it would probably fit, but it's been a few months since I've made it and it was only the one time, so... anyway, I might just borrow my mom's DCB and do it when we first get there...

I'm sorry - the whole "it's just a taste" thing really gets to me. I keep reading that phrase, and it just sounds wrong to me.

I would never expect to be invited to a party, and only be allowed "just a taste". I'm not even sure where that idea originated. If I was having a different kind of party, I wouldn't expect my guests to have "just a taste" - I would want them to be able to help themselves to the food. Most people enjoy coming to PC parties because they KNOW there will be food. And if you expect men to enjoy the party, you sure better have more than just a taste!

I have a show tonight, and we are making Jerk Chicken Nachos. The host let me know yesterday that she expecting at least 20, so we immediately made plans to make a 2nd batch. She has a Bar Pan, so we will be making both at the same time (I'm doing one, and having different people do the other side by side with me).
For this, I would probably make one batch ahead of time, and keep it warm in the oven, or reheat in the 12" skillet.

Now, I'll step off my soapbox and back away slowly....

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm sorry - the whole "it's just a taste" thing really gets to me. I keep reading that phrase, and it just sounds wrong to me.

I would never expect to be invited to a party, and only be allowed "just a taste". I'm not even sure where that idea originated. If I was having a different kind of party, I wouldn't expect my guests to have "just a taste" - I would want them to be able to help themselves to the food. Most people enjoy coming to PC parties because they KNOW there will be food. And if you expect men to enjoy the party, you sure better have more than just a taste!

I have a show tonight, and we are making Jerk Chicken Nachos. The host let me know yesterday that she expecting at least 20, so we immediately made plans to make a 2nd batch. She has a Bar Pan, so we will be making both at the same time (I'm doing one, and having different people do the other side by side with me).
For this, I would probably make one batch ahead of time, and keep it warm in the oven, or reheat in the 12" skillet.

Now, I'll step off my soapbox and back away slowly....

I totally agree with you! I am not comfortable with the just a taste thing either, if I know that there will be a lot of people there I'm always willing to make more, what difference does it make anyway, she's buying all of the food! Anyway, I figure they're having the party and I'll let them decide how much food they want to serve. I asked my mom to bring her DCB so I'll just have the one made up ahead and make the other for the demo...

ChefPaulaB said:
I totally agree with you! I am not comfortable with the just a taste thing either, if I know that there will be a lot of people there I'm always willing to make more, what difference does it make anyway, she's buying all of the food! Anyway, I figure they're having the party and I'll let them decide how much food they want to serve. I asked my mom to bring her DCB so I'll just have the one made up ahead and make the other for the demo...

Perfect! If you have two DCB, you can have one coming out of the micro as people walk in (mmmmm, they'll be loving the smell!) and while their mouths are still watering from the deliciousness, you can show them how to make it. The DCB will keep the other one warm!

Good idea on the 2nd DCB. A double batch will most definitely NOT fit in one DCB. Enjoy the show--it sounds like fun!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm sorry - the whole "it's just a taste" thing really gets to me. I keep reading that phrase, and it just sounds wrong to me.....

I agree with this too. Most of my shows are at 6:30 pm and that's supper time here. If people are invited over at this time, they expect more than just a bite of something. I always try to demo things that will give people more than a sample.

1. Can I double the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

Yes, you can absolutely double the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. Simply adjust the ingredients accordingly. You may need to use a larger pot or pan to accommodate the increased amount of pasta and chicken.

2. How do I double the amount of chicken in the recipe?

If you want to double the amount of chicken in the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco recipe, you will need to use twice the amount of chicken called for in the recipe. You can also add in additional seasonings or marinade to ensure the chicken is well coated and flavorful.

3. Can I use a different type of pasta for this dish?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of pasta for this dish. While penne is traditionally used, you can also use other types of short pasta like rotini or bowtie. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly as different pastas may have different cooking times.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it. However, the pasta may absorb some of the sauce and become a bit dry. To prevent this, you can add a little bit of chicken broth or water before reheating to help loosen up the sauce.

5. Can I add vegetables to this dish?

Yes, you can add vegetables to this dish for a more well-rounded meal. Some recommended options include bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Simply add them in during the last few minutes of cooking the chicken to ensure they are cooked through but still have a bit of crunch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • erinhoward