• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Advertise Pampered Chef on My Space.com?

In summary, some people were posting their websites on their MySpace page, which is not allowed. [email protected] can be contacted to have the websites removed.
heat123
Silver Member
Just wondering, I was browsing My Space and came across a few who were posting their websites on their page??? Didn't know if that was really allowed??:confused:

but can you advertise yourself being a consultant and not list your website?

YesI'm sure whatever forum we are in we can tell people we are consultants, we just can't post our website. They can always contact you personally and ask you for that info.

Debbie

Interesting that some do it knowing or not and doing it anyway. One of them had a full on PC website on their myspace.

I would love to know for sure for sure if it's okay to list you are a consultant as long as you don't list your site. I'd love to add this to my profile but hadn't just in case :)

If you report them to [email protected], it takes a while but after a few weeks they will be notified by HO that they have to remove it. It also helps to get it removed faster if you let your upline know - they can get it passed through the channels a little faster.

I have myspace and when I started with TPC I sent out a little bulliton to my friends only saying hey if you need gifts, I've got the means and if you want a party email me. I didn't list my website or put any other info on there, just the fact that I started up b/c it's not allowed, not even on myspace.

You're actually not supposed to list the Pampered Chef in any type of online profile. Either through MySpace or an AOL profile, etc. Here's what it says in the Recipe for Success....

"Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet. "

I'm sure you can list that you're in the "direct sales business with a leader in the kitchen tool/gadget industry" or something like that, as long as you're not specific stating "Pampered Chef."

Hmm, I guess these people are completely breaking the rules then. Just an observation I saw there! IT's good to know this too! Thanks Becky!

I know, it's a bummer when people break the rules although some may do it innocently enough and not realize they shouldn't even list that they're a PC consultant on a profile. I know there are probably things out there that were already on the internet before they cracked down on the guidelines for stuff on the internet. I know I got an email from the HO for something I didn't realize was out there about 9 months ago. But, they always give people a chance to comply before going further.

Nothing irks me more than the ebay stuff, though, because those consultants HAVE to know it's against the rules. Unfortunately they also sometimes know how to get around the rules, like by having a "friend" post the item for sale or something like that.:mad:

I agree with Becky- it is against the rules to list PC or your affiliation with PC on any online forum (including this one probably!) except Merrill or VIP.

It seems odd though that we cannot even claim to be PC consultants in any online chatroom or forum, like we have in our own email sigs. It's just like wearing a PC T-shirt, or apparel in public or having your window decal on your car (forms of advertising). ??? Strange?

I am actually really glad that this is posted. I didn't know that it was not allowed. I have it on my myspace. :/ oops... I will take that off right now..

pamperedbecky said:
You're actually not supposed to list the Pampered Chef in any type of online profile. Either through MySpace or an AOL profile, etc. Here's what it says in the Recipe for Success....

"Other than signing up for a Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site or approved vendor sites like Visual Impact Products, do not list the company name when filling out personal profiles on the Internet. "

I'm sure you can list that you're in the "direct sales business with a leader in the kitchen tool/gadget industry" or something like that, as long as you're not specific stating "Pampered Chef."

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who read it that way, it sometimes irks me when I come across some of these people who blare it all across their pages about it, because I try to follow the rules they set for all of us, and people blatantly do it answering peoples questions that have nothing to do with them, 'well I am a PC consultant and I would never do that so if you would like to do PC email me at.....' UGHH, I just want to email them and tell them to remove it. There have been a few things posted on here that I went to other sites that were linked to and people posted things like that.

How is anyone supposed to know you are a PC consultant if you can't say you are?!?

You are supposed to make your hosts and guests so happy that they refer you to everyone they know!! I would be upset if I lost potential customers in my area to someone halfway across the country who was approaching them online....JMHO.

Yeah, but what if you are just starting out and don't know anyone in your area... I would hate going door to door. Or have to invite strangers into my home. IDK, just seems a lot easier to talk to "friends" online and be able to mention it that way.

SillyChef said:
Yeah, but what if you are just starting out and don't know anyone in your area... I would hate going door to door. Or have to invite strangers into my home. IDK, just seems a lot easier to talk to "friends" online and be able to mention it that way.

I understand about the website listing or posting, however I do agree we should be able to list ourselves as "pc consultant" in other forums in our signature so peoplle can see that we are and can ask us for our info to send!!:(

It's not that you can't talk to your online friends about it, you just can't do it in a posted broadcast type of way. Nothing to stop you from emailing or PMing online friends to share the news.

You can also post generic things as long as you don't mention the words "Pampered Chef"...HTH.

I don't interpret the rules that way. I believe we can say we are Pampered Chef consultants. I feel like someone else here, it is just like wearing a shirt or carrying your pc bag. We are not listing our PC website just letting people know that you are a consultant. Makes it a little hard to do business if you can't tell anyone you are in business!

And I have followed a link to a message board about some bogus direct sales thing where a bunch of people got scammed. I truly believe Pampered Chef is THE best direct sales company to work for so, yes, I posted that fact and gave the people a way to follow-up if they wanted to. So that was me!! I take full responsibility for it! I don't feel as though I was/am breaking the rules though. I did not list my PC website only my email.

Chef Kearns said:
I don't interpret the rules that way. I believe we can say we are Pampered Chef consultants. I feel like someone else here, it is just like wearing a shirt or carrying your pc bag. We are not listing our PC website just letting people know that you are a consultant. Makes it a little hard to do business if you can't tell anyone you are in business!

And I have followed a link to a message board about some bogus direct sales thing where a bunch of people got scammed. I truly believe Pampered Chef is THE best direct sales company to work for so, yes, I posted that fact and gave the people a way to follow-up if they wanted to. So that was me!! I take full responsibility for it! I don't feel as though I was/am breaking the rules though. I did not list my PC website only my email.

I was the one to say it's just like wearing a PC t-shirt or stickers on your car etc. it's a form of advertising! I don't see the harm in stating that you are a PC consultant on other boards (not that I am or have done this yet, but I wouldn't list my website and think we should be able to identify ourselves as consultants) JMHO though!

You do also have to be careful to follow the rules of whatever other board you are posting on. Most don't like the broadcast messages soliciting for sales. But if you post more generically as I mentioned and asked people to message you, that might work as it's the members' choice. Just be careful out there!

pampermeplease said:
I have myspace and when I started with TPC I sent out a little bulliton to my friends only saying hey if you need gifts, I've got the means and if you want a party email me. I didn't list my website or put any other info on there, just the fact that I started up b/c it's not allowed, not even on myspace.

But you did say that you were a Pampered Chef Consultant right? And felt that it was "okay" for you to say that. I completely understand about the website thing, I actually had mine posted on my myspace. I didn't know that it wasn't allowed. Anywho. I think I should be able to at least get people to know I am a Pampered Chef consultant especially if I am in a area where I know no one... If I can't advise them that I am a consultant then how would the ever know? lol Sounds backwards.:confused:

SillyChef said:
But you did say that you were a Pampered Chef Consultant right? And felt that it was "okay" for you to say that. I completely understand about the website thing, I actually had mine posted on my myspace. I didn't know that it wasn't allowed. Anywho. I think I should be able to at least get people to know I am a Pampered Chef consultant especially if I am in a area where I know no one... If I can't advise them that I am a consultant then how would the ever know? lol Sounds backwards.:confused:

I totally agree!

Related to Can You Advertise Pampered Chef on My Space.com?

1. Can I promote Pampered Chef on MySpace.com?

Yes, you can promote Pampered Chef on MySpace.com by creating a personal or business profile and sharing information about Pampered Chef products and events.

2. Is there a specific way to advertise Pampered Chef on MySpace.com?

While there is no specific way to advertise on MySpace.com, it is important to adhere to the platform's terms of service and guidelines for promoting products or businesses.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef images and logos on MySpace.com?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef images and logos on MySpace.com as long as you have the necessary rights and permissions to do so. It is recommended to use high-quality images and to credit Pampered Chef when using their logos.

4. Are there any restrictions on advertising Pampered Chef on MySpace.com?

While there are no specific restrictions on advertising Pampered Chef on MySpace.com, it is important to follow the platform's policies and guidelines. This includes not using deceptive or misleading tactics and not spamming other users.

5. Can I share links to my Pampered Chef website on MySpace.com?

Yes, you can share links to your Pampered Chef website on MySpace.com to promote products and events. However, it is important to be respectful of other users and not excessively promote your links in a spammy manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • mconsola
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • HealthNut