• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Writing Love on Her Arms Change Lives?

In summary, "To Write Love on Her Arms" (TWLOHA) is a non-profit organization that aims to provide support and resources for those struggling with mental health, addiction, self-harm, and suicide. It was founded in 2006 by Jamie Tworkowski, who wanted to help his friend Renee Yohe. TWLOHA offers various programs and resources, and there are many ways to get involved, such as donating, volunteering, and attending events. It is open to people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds, and their mission is to inspire hope, compassion, and recovery for those who are struggling.
NooraK
Gold Member
This is a cause/movement that my sister is quite passionate about. I've decided to participate this year. To Write Love on Her Arms

I went on the site and voted :) thanks for sharing this!

From this morning...

Attachments

• twloha.jpg
    twloha.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 299
Thank you for this. I've struggled with depression both before I got pregnant and more so post partum.

According to the website, and estimated 17 million Americans suffer from depression and 2/3 of them never seek treatment. Untreated depression is the leading cause of suicide.

I don't remember where I found this quote, but I have to keep reminding myself sometimes:

Your life is of infinite worth and impacts many others, regardless of your recognition of that fact

Wow, thanks for the boost today! I had untreated depression most of my life until about 1 1/2 years ago. Thanks to a thread I started on this group I have turned my life around! Thanks!

Related to Can Writing Love on Her Arms Change Lives?

1. What is "To Write Love on Her Arms"?

"To Write Love on Her Arms" (TWLOHA) is a non-profit organization that aims to provide support and resources for those struggling with mental health, addiction, self-harm, and suicide. Their mission is to inspire hope, compassion, and recovery for people who are struggling, as well as to raise awareness and break the stigma surrounding these issues.

2. How did TWLOHA get started?

TWLOHA was founded in 2006 by Jamie Tworkowski, who wanted to help his friend Renee Yohe, who was struggling with addiction, depression, and self-harm. He wrote a story about her journey and sold t-shirts with the phrase "To Write Love on Her Arms" to help cover her treatment costs. The response was overwhelming, and the organization has since grown into a global movement.

3. How does TWLOHA help those who are struggling?

TWLOHA offers various programs and resources, including an online community, a treatment and recovery directory, a university speaking tour, and a blog with personal stories and mental health information. They also partner with other organizations to provide support and resources for those in need.

4. How can I get involved with TWLOHA?

There are many ways to get involved with TWLOHA, such as donating, volunteering, hosting a fundraiser, attending events, and purchasing merchandise. You can also follow them on social media and help spread awareness about mental health and the organization's mission.

5. Is TWLOHA only for women?

No, TWLOHA is for anyone who is struggling with mental health, addiction, self-harm, or suicide. While the organization's name may suggest that it is only for women, they support and welcome people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds. Their goal is to provide hope and help to anyone who needs it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
Replies