• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can We Place Ads in Say Local Paper That Say........

In summary, Lisa is having trouble getting her "LORD OF THE DANCE" to agree to do a fundraiser, but she is still trying. She has done a fundraiser for candles before without the dancer's permission and it went well.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Somthing like this..........

Parents, are you looking for a way to help offset of costs
of your child's extracurricular activities?? Whether it's for
basketball, karate, bowling, dance, wrestling, cheerleading,
or whatever it is, that makes you have extra trips and expenses.
Call me and you can do a personal fundraiser to help offset
any expenses you incur due to these activities..............

Or something like that.........and give my contact info.......
would that be allowed???

I'm having problems with one of the places I've done fundraisers
for in the past, they didn't have a problem with me, but another
mom and now NO ONE is "Allowed" to do fundraiser!!

But I've got parents wanting to do. I've called my attorney and he said I can
do for these parents, just don't call if for that activity.

So that gave me the idea to do this ad, but just wanted to see what you all
thought, will I be alright or is this a violation of some rule I don't
understand with PC Policy. I know I can run my business card
which says I do fundraisers, so I just wanted input before I
write it up for sure...........

THanks for any input,

Lisa
who's in a slump :grumpy: and really needed this fundraiser and am
scrambling to get more business ;)

Not to discourage you, but according to our fundraiser rules, it has to be for an organization (that HO agrees with) and not for a person.The best way for these moms to make money for extra activities is to be a consultant! I could see you turning this into a recruiting spiel!

Log onto CC, and read policies and procedures page #5 to help you a little.

How can one mom say no fundraisers? If this is an organization then they should vote on it. One person does not rule an organization. So, if several parents of say the HS girls softball team want to raise money for their girls to go to a tournament or something, I see no problem with you doing it. They can say what they are raising money for. But, I think we can do for individuals...just call HO and find out how to do it.

Shawnna said:
How can one mom say no fundraisers? If this is an organization then they should vote on it. One person does not rule an organization. So, if several parents of say the HS girls softball team want to raise money for their girls to go to a tournament or something, I see no problem with you doing it. They can say what they are raising money for. But, I think we can do for individuals...just call HO and find out how to do it.
I think it was an issue with a rep from another company, who probably somehow messed up the fundraiser. There are some groups that also consider it a conflict of interest (that's not exactly the right phrase, but I can't think of a better one) for a member to profit (commission) from a FR for the group.

If it is a fundraiser for an individual a special fund has to be set up for them. I did one in April for a boy that fell in a septic tank - medical bills. It had to go toward the "(boy's name) Fund" at the local bank.

Lisa -

I did a fundraiser for my son's CubScout pack in the summer. I did the fundraiser independently of the Pack because if it had been a "Pack Sponsored" event, we would have had to go through Boy Scouts of America and all of their rules and regulations. You might be able to do the same thing for this group. YOU organize the fundraiser and state that the $ will go to XXX organization. If you act independently and don't do it as a "group sponsored" event, hopefully that will work.
Let me know if you have any questions about how I did the CubScout thing.

I'd love more information on how to proceed.....The problem is I've got a "LORD OF THE DANCE" as my hubby calls her, and she's a royal PIA and she doesn't need a fundraiser as she hates them and doesn't like doing them.

THen last year a mom who does a candles business, but who would not play by her rules of having to be there for 3 nights (1 to hand out packets, one to collect and one to distribute products) to do a fundraiser.......well she (Candle mom) called only a few moms and asked if they still wanted to do candles that she would do a fundraiser with them. Which they did.

Well as luck would have it word got back to Lord of the dance about it and she's PO'd to the point of deeming NO FUNDRAISERS, even though over 36 families sold PC along last year, let along the people who sold candles.

I'm trying to see how I can help people do one and still have it legal, but we can't use dance as part of fundraiser name, so that's why my attorney, yes I had to call my attorney over this whole thing. He's the one who suggested the "Extra extracurricular activities"

I'm trying to help these families, I don't make anything or hardly anything, as I give them 30% on sales, no matter what they sell and after you figure that, I'm not making much. I just don't want to get into trouble over trying to help these families.

Lisa

Janet,

The best way for these moms to make money for extra activities is to be a consultant! I could see you turning this into a recruiting spiel!

I live in a very rural area and there's NO way in heck I'm promoting the business to 36 families in my little area, I'd have even less business than I do right now.........

I know, I'm bad, but I know our area is getting over inidated with consultants, as I live close to NY border and I know 2 people I just called last night have neighbors and cousins who've just signed, so they're in a pinch, really want to use me, but feel "obligated" to use other person.

Lisa

Lisa - Can you tell us a little more about this dance group and is there a parent's committee or what...just trying to figure out how this "Lord of the Dance" is ruling all this and to help you get around it and still comply with fundraiser rules...

Another thought is to do a regular cooking show/catalog show with the parents and donate your commission from that...you could also do drawings for the host benefits and free product value for customers or maybe the parents who collect the most orders. That way you aren't dealing with fundraiser rules and this lady can't argue.

Janet,
It's a totally wierd situation, Jill (LOD) was the PTO president and co-ordinator of dance program, now she's just Co-ordinator of dance as her kids aren't in Elem. school anymore.

PTO sponsored event, but NO say in how Jill the co-ordinator runs program.

I'm secretary of the new PTO board and am asking why don't we get a vote, and I don't care what we sell, PC, Tastefully Simple, TUpperware, Avon, whatever, just something to help parents off set the cost of the outfits,

Which for me with 3 girls in dance I've got to come up with $135 the week before Thanksgiving.

But Jill, Lord of Dance, says NO fundraiser, she will NOT allow it. She even posted a letter which basically stated due to problems with previous years fundraiser (mine was only "legal" Jill approved) fundraiser, so everything thinks I did something wrong, well I've made sure I've called everyone who sold last year and let them know it wasn't a problem with MY fundraiser, but with Tiffany's (Candle Mom),

Did I loose you there???

On Monday, we have our first public PTO meeting and I am hoping parents will come to and ask why PTO doesn't want a fundraiser, and try and get it back, I'm hoping and praying, I've got books on order and order forms and such ready to print, and big manilla envelopes ready as packets, just in case.

Prayers would be appreciate on this whole matter. Last year this was a $5000.00 fundraiser for me and it was in Nov. so with my other shows, I was able to get directors pack of products, which set my spring up in good shape. I didn't make much when you figured all the hours I put into it and also as I was giving most of my commission, but I look at it as it's for the kids.

Help, suggestions??

Could I run ad and say, if parents want to join together for an organization or group and do a fundraiser, whether it be for blah blah blah........

Thanks,

Lisa

I will pray for the situation...

Here is a thought...create a parents of dance group of your own. (You will have to be careful that your purpose is just a group of parents getting together - kind of like a MOPS group would - you are not represented by the school or the dance group just parents getting together.) Find a local Credit Union that you can open an account with a $5 minimum and open an account for this group. "Parents of Dance Student Fund" You then hold the fundraiser with supporting parents and donate to the PODS Fund at the bank. You'd have to make sure your guidelines and rules are clearly established.

Or like mentioned earlier just do a cooking show with all of them and do it that way.

Anyone else have suggestions for Lisa?!

Lisa - I'll be praying for you...I hope something changes with the PTO and that they just override her opinion and take away some of her power.

Janet,
I appreciate the prayers. I could use them, not only as my business has been in a slump and I was kinda counting on this to help kick me up to where I wanted to be for goals I had set for myself, but more imporatant for the parents who can't afford to pay full price for the outfits.

This is my daughters 4th year in this program and for the past 3 years, there's always been at LEAST one option of a fundraiser, so I signed them up thinking/assuming, even if I wasn't the "one" I'd have something else to choose from.

The meeting is Monday night at 7 pm (Eastern time) so any and all prayers said for this meeting would be appreciated.

Lisa

Here is an alternative...What if, instead of coding it as a fundraiser from PC, that you do it as a catalog show with either you as the host or do the mystery host, and then you could donate your commission from that show to the organization. Granted they wouldn't the the % from PC but you might be offering them more if you gave your commission.

Just a thought.

jasonmva said:
What if, instead of coding it as a fundraiser from PC, that you do it as a catalog show with either you as the host or do the mystery host, and then you could donate your commission from that show to the organization. Granted they wouldn't the the % from PC but you might be offering them more if you gave your commission.

Just a thought.

That's what I suggested earlier in the conversation...so a good thought! ;) I figured if they are so gungho AGAINST fundraiser, they can't tell someone not to do a catalog or cooking show and they can't tell Lisa what to do with her commission.

However, Lisa, I will still be praying for you...I think this power issue with this lady needs to be dealt with!

Well, no resolutionThanks so much for all the prayers, I know it helped. After my call today I wasn't sure I could be polite at the public meeting, so I'm hoping that's why it wasn't discussed at meeting.

Well I got my butt chewed today before meeting by PTO president, who's the sil of the Lord of the dance and she wasn't happy with me and said she didn't want dance brought up at all at the meeting, the fundraiser was a NO issue and nothing was going to change.

She said, Jill has said you're not allowed, so you're not allowed.

To which I replied, well Jill can NOT dictate to me how I run MY business and I'm NOT turning down business if people come to me, than I'm offering it to them.

She said "You can't use dance name"

I said, that's ok, got that covered "Its for my kids extraciricular activites" which could be anything!!

So I'm going to give a catalog binder to those who've said they want to and I'll give my commission to them individually, :p to Jill!!

So far I've got 4 people who want to do them. I'm hoping to get more.

Lisa

We'll I'm up to 6 people who are going to be selling, and I'm hoping to get a few more.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers.

Lisa

:) At least there is SOME resolution to it...

I still think this lady's power trip needs to be in check!

Related to Can We Place Ads in Say Local Paper That Say........

1. Can we place ads in our local paper for our Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can place ads in your local paper to promote your Pampered Chef business. However, it's important to check with your local paper first to see if they have any specific guidelines or requirements for advertising.

2. Do we need to get permission from Pampered Chef to place ads in a local paper?

No, you do not need to get permission from Pampered Chef to place ads in a local paper. As an independent consultant, you have the freedom to advertise your business in any way that follows the company's policies and guidelines.

3. Can we mention specific Pampered Chef products in the ad?

Yes, you can mention specific Pampered Chef products in your ad. However, make sure to follow the company's policies and guidelines for product claims and descriptions.

4. How much does it cost to place an ad in a local paper?

The cost of placing an ad in a local paper can vary depending on the size of the ad, the publication, and the location. It's best to contact the local paper directly for pricing information.

5. Are there any restrictions on the content of the ad?

Yes, there may be restrictions on the content of the ad, depending on the policies and guidelines of the local paper. It's important to review these guidelines before submitting your ad to ensure it meets their requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • sarahsellcm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sarahsellcm
  • Leigh0725