• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Selling Our House Keep It Clean?

Paint the heck out of it.......So when we're in our new house, we'll just tell the realtor to keep showing that one, so it stays clean?No, actually you'll have more ROOM in the new house to get organized!
lacychef
Man, on top of my busy schedule with my 2 girls, and my busier PC schedule, we've also got our house for sale. The realtor showed our house 3 times this week! And, those of you that have little kids might know how fun it is to get them to help keep the house clean!
I told my dh yesterday, that if they keep showing it that much; our house might actually stay clean, lol! The toys are actually staying in their rooms:) So then dh says," so when we're in our new house, we'll just tell the realtor to keep showing that one, so it stays clean?" What a dork; no, we'll actually have more ROOM in the new house to get organized!
I'd love any good "selling vibes" you can send my way:D
I heard the other day to paint your front door yellow if you want to sell; or hang a wreath with yellow in it.....:confused:

Stage it Lacy, take down all personal effects make it look like a hotel. People nit pick on your cleaning. Sending selling vibes your way, hope it goes smooth & fast!!:)

I wish you a quick sale of your house at the price (or above!) you need! I moved many times with young kids and always swore that I would keep the house up like it was going to be shown after we moved - lol! I should have hired a realtor to come in every week!:p

I never heard of the yellow door thing but I like the wreath with yellow in it idea - it is such a welcoming bright color! I was always told to bury a statue of St Anthony...

pamperedalf said:
Stage it Lacy, take down all personal effects make it look like a hotel. People nit pick on your cleaning. Sending selling vibes your way, hope it goes smooth & fast!!:)
I have moved every 2-3 years my entire life until we moved into this house 6 years ago and I agree that you need to stage it. No clutter anywhere. But I do not agree that you should make it look like a hotel. People need to imagine that they live there and it needs to feel warm and comfortable. If there are some signs of a family here and there it is a good thing. IMHO.

Thanks girls:) I have watched the home selling shows on HGTV; so we did take down lots of our "extra" decorations. Took down lots of pictures, and put away some of my candles & things like that.
I'm just feeling a little nervous this weekend. We are under contract on another house, contingent on our house selling. But, a guy looked at that house awhile back, and was supposed to be in town this weekend with his wife & they were going to look at it again. We still have first dibs on the house, but if someone would make an offer on it that the owners take, we would have 72 hours to sell our house! Yikes:eek: I'm feeling pretty good though; our house has been for sale for a little over a month, and they've shown it 8 times:) (I keep thinking of the recruiting stats: 1 out of 10 people will be interested; maybe the same with home selling!)

Good Luck Lacy! I hope it sells fast!

BethCooks4U said:
I was always told to bury a statue of St. Anthony...
Yep- bury one upside down in the front yard (I don't remember if he's supposed to be facing the house or the street). Then when it sells, you're supposed to dig the statue up and put it in a place of honor in the new house.

From a Professional Realtor'spoint of view....LOL...

Yes, your home has to "sell itself".....I always tell my sellers to get in their car, drive around the block then pull back into their driveway, paying close attention to "curb appeal".....anything that is hanging around, not painted, or peeling, anything....take notice and fix it or toss it.....go into your home and look at it from a BUYER's eye....looking closely at the paint, the base boards, etc.....AND less is better Clean sells, your selling it anyhow, so GO THROUGH EVERYTHING and toss it or pack it.....pack all the stuff that you aren't using away....the less clutter, the bigger it looks...your KITCHEN, if you have something on your counter that you don't USE, put it in the box....it makes more counter space, which is more appeal......

And YES< take down all personal pics, replace them if you have to, what happens is the buyer pays too much attention to the pics than to the house...it needs to be less personal so when buyers come in, they don't see it as YOUR house.

FRESH paint ALWAYS helps as well, if you don't have time, fine, but if you do? Well, it goes a LONG way...and neutral colors....

As far as the wreath or painting the door yellow DON'T paint the door yellow, what if they don't like it? Basic colors...

If you have a Model Home in your area, go look at it, THAT will be a good Guide.

St. Joseph, Bury Upside Down on the North side of your home facing West...in a ziplock baggie....There are novenas out there too that can be said as well.

The key to selling a home? It has to be priced right. Pricing takes into account how it measures up to others in its area.....and history of home sales...A good realtor will try NOT to overprice your home.....they want it to sell, so listen to your realtor....they KNOW your area well and are professionals...and WHAT really determines the price of your home? The price a buyer is willing to pay........

Good luck.....

oooh....yes DIG up St. Joseph before you leave and put him in his place of honor...Don't Forget him......thanks Ann..

Kelley Sells said:
yes DIG up St. Joseph before you leave and put him in his place of honor...Don't Forget him......thanks Ann..
Wow, I've never heard of that one! Thanks for all the tips though! We do have a really good realtor.

Good luck selling your house!!!

1. What are the benefits of hosting a "So Our House Is for Sale" party?

Hosting a "So Our House Is for Sale" party allows you to earn free and discounted products from Pampered Chef while also spreading the word about your house being on the market. It's a win-win situation!

2. Can I customize the products I want to include in my party?

Yes, absolutely! You have the freedom to choose which Pampered Chef products you want to feature at your party. Our consultants can also provide personalized recommendations based on your preferences.

3. How can I invite people to my "So Our House Is for Sale" party?

We provide customizable invitations and social media templates to make it easy for you to invite your friends, family, and neighbors. You can also share the event page on social media or simply spread the word through word-of-mouth.

4. Will there be any special offers or deals for my party guests?

Yes, we offer exclusive discounts and deals for "So Our House Is for Sale" parties. Your guests will have the opportunity to take advantage of these special offers and save money on their purchases.

5. Can I still earn rewards if my guests are unable to attend the party?

Of course! We understand that schedules can be busy, so we offer the option for guests to shop online through your party link. You will still receive host rewards based on their purchases, even if they cannot attend in person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies