• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Pampered Chef's Stoneware Enhance Your Soup Recipes?

In summary, the consultant is looking for PC cookware but doesn't have any and is also interested in doing a soup theme for next month. The Generation II Cookware is on the outlet, but there is no warranty on it. The consultant might be able to borrow a pan from a recruiter or director. Personally, the consultant would not use discontinued PC cookware for a demo. The cookware sale is currently happening, and the consultant might want to concentrate on demoing stoneware. The consultant is mad at herself now because she held her party in November and debated about what
emmabelle47
I'm a new consultant and am interested in doing a soup theme for next month. Unfortunately, I don't have any PC cookware. Does anyone have a pot for sale?

emmabelle47 said:
I'm a new consultant and am interested in doing a soup theme for next month. Unfortunately, I don't have any PC cookware. Does anyone have a pot for sale?
The Generation II Cookware is on the outlet! There is no warranty on it though. But it is a cheaper way to get the cookware if you can't afford it now. Or you can have your own party and get it as a half off item or even FREE with enough sales!

I did see the cookware, unfortunately- I don't have that much extra money right now. Although, I was wondering, what about the family skillet? Is that big enough to cook soup recipes in? I know its not the most practical idea, but at least the skillet is very universal.

Could you borrow a pan from your recruiter or director?

Personally, I wouldn't used a pot that was discontinued for a demo. I would find one I could borrow, or change my recipe. It doesn't sell any product if what you are demoing has been discontinued.;)

Actually, with the stoneware sale, you might want to concentrate on demoing stoneware. I am doing the quick 20 minute chili in the DCB - do you have that piece of stoneware? Then you would still be doing a soup type of show, only using stoneware to do it.

I'm mad at myself now. I held my party in November (when I signed up to be a consultant) and debated days before and after about what I wanted as my 1/2 off products. I was considering the DCB and finally decided against it because I didn't realize all the stuff you could make in it. (Honestly, I'd rather cook a roast in a slow cooker.) Now I'm mad I didn't get it..... Do you think I could make other soups in it too? Its the guest special for next month, so I can get it at 40% off.....

I'm going to be making the Smashed Potato Soup in it too - in the microwave. The DCB has been the greatest tool I have ever had for bookings. The 30 Minute Chicken could be called a secret weapon!

I don't usually use the 40% discount option - I try to get things cheaper than that or free - but for a DCB - I definitely think it is worth it!

I LOVE:love: LOVE:love: LOVE:love: that stone!

Oh - and here is the recipe for the Potato Soup - it's from the "It's Good For You" cookbook.

Attachments

• Smashed Potato Soup.doc
    69 KB · Views: 377
You can order the guest special a month before it's available by submitting a personal non commission order and still get the 20% discounted guest price plus our 20% (or more) consultant discount.

I don't know much about making soups in it but I would just pick recipes for products you have on hand. Makes it alot easier when you are first starting out.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm going to be making the Smashed Potato Soup in it too - in the microwave.

What is the cook time etc, for using the microwave to make that soup, it sounds so delish!

TIA

Thanks so much for the help! I'd like to know the cook time for the microwave also. I was thinking of getting a Christmas present for myself.... I'm thinking the DBC will definately be it.

Oops - I mis-readOk, I watched something on 1968 last night so I was thinking that pot:cool: not cookware:chef:
Now that I've focused I would suggest the DCB as well...this is such a great stone and you can do so much with it...and on sale in Jan! Thanks for sharing I hope to sell a lot of these.

missyciccolella said:
Ok, I watched something on 1968 last night so I was thinking that pot:cool: not cookware:chef:
There's an idea for a fun (but illegal) theme show! You can make brownies!

chefann said:
There's an idea for a fun (but illegal) theme show! You can make brownies!
I'd be willing to bet sales would rock! "Yeah, Man...go ahead and add all the stones set to my order...that sounds cool."

Brings new meaning to the phrase, "Get stoned at my show."

lol... okay, after I posted the thread I realized it sounded kind of bad. I suppose it got some people's attention though. :)

When I do the smashed potato soup on the stove, I saute the carrots and celery with onions in a little olive oil first, and then go from there - so in the microwave this is what I do:

Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in the DCB - covered - for about 4 minutes. Add all the rest of ingredients, except sour cream & parsley, and heat in microwave for about 8 minutes (covered). Add sour cream, heat for 2 more minutes, and then add parsley. Stir, and serve.

emmabelle47 said:
lol... okay, after I posted the thread I realized it sounded kind of bad. I suppose it got some people's attention though. :)
You're an official member of the club, once your thread has been hijacked like this. At least you got a good answer before we took it off in a completely different direction. :)

chefann said:
Why yes it does!

I wondered how long it would take for this thread to go in that direction. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. ;)

raebates said:
I wondered how long it would take for this thread to go in that direction. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed. ;)
And KG hasn't even posted in this thread! :D

I agree with the others...I would not purchase cookware that we are no longer carrying.

I would go the route of the potato soup in the DCB if you can get that as your Christmas present! Just make sure that you look into all of the super recipes we have for that stone so you use it all of the time!

Becky~
How does that soup taste? I would think adding onions/cheese/bacon to the top of each serving would make it SUPER!! I am so impressed that I can use it in the DCB, thanks for the extra directions for the microwave!

chefann said:

Think if I used that phrase, attendance at my Jan shows might go up? :angel:

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm going to be making the Smashed Potato Soup in it too - in the microwave. The DCB has been the greatest tool I have ever had for bookings.
HOw do you make it in the microwave?? Never mind....I went back and read so I see where you already answered that question!!!!!

Last edited:
I know consultants who use it as a funny line all the time.

In fact, a presenter I heard at conference one year has her guests fill out name tags with the name of their favorite product as the last name. If it's their first time at a show, they use "Neverbeen" because they've never been to a show. She had one guest who was a "Neverbeen", but then said that she loved the stones and had ordered them from catalog shows in the past. So she was "Betty Neverbeen Stoned." :D

KellyTheChef said:
I agree with the others...I would not purchase cookware that we are no longer carrying.

I would go the route of the potato soup in the DCB if you can get that as your Christmas present! Just make sure that you look into all of the super recipes we have for that stone so you use it all of the time!

Becky~
How does that soup taste? I would think adding onions/cheese/bacon to the top of each serving would make it SUPER!! I am so impressed that I can use it in the DCB, thanks for the extra directions for the microwave!

Kelly - I LOVE this soup! It tastes so good, and is a perfect comfort food demo! I made it all last winter for shows, and it was always a hit. I would do the bacon ahead of time, but tell them how I did it on my bar pan, and then I would serve the cheese & bacon in the small bowl caddy, with the onions sitting in front of them in a couple petite squares.

ChefBeckyD said:
When I do the smashed potato soup on the stove, I saute the carrots and celery with onions in a little olive oil first, and then go from there - so in the microwave this is what I do:

Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in the DCB - covered - for about 4 minutes. Add all the rest of ingredients, except sour cream & parsley, and heat in microwave for about 8 minutes (covered). Add sour cream, heat for 2 more minutes, and then add parsley. Stir, and serve.

Becky,
This really does sound like a great idea! One silly little question, though...since it's only 4 servings, do you double/triple it for shows? How does this affect cooking times??

Thanks!
Paula

I had a lot of success with soup shows last year and I used a non PC pot to cook in. I did also make bread in the PC 8" saute pan so I could discuss cookware. No one seemed to mind and my sales were great. I made the Greek lemon chicken soup from the It's Good for You cookbook and either doubled or tripled the recipe depending on how many guests came.

Sooo... could most soup and/or chili recipe then be altered to use the DCB in the microwave? I'd love to be able to feature the stoneware AND have a soup for January (so would at least one of my hosts)... and it sounds like this is a winner!! I was thinking the DCB was too expensive but now I have some PC$ burning a whole in my pocket. LOL

lkprescott said:
Sooo... could most soup and/or chili recipe then be altered to use the DCB in the microwave? I'd love to be able to feature the stoneware AND have a soup for January (so would at least one of my hosts)... and it sounds like this is a winner!! I was thinking the DCB was too expensive but now I have some PC$ burning a whole in my pocket. LOL

Since it is the guest special next month, you can order it as a personal order this month and get the additional 20% off (40% off total stone price). I love my DCB, I am very glad I bought it.

I was wondering the same thing. I really think I'm going to order it this month. Still a tad pricey at 40% off, but I really think its going to be worth it. Especially for showing off the stoneware next month and still being able to do soups and such.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Becky,
This really does sound like a great idea! One silly little question, though...since it's only 4 servings, do you double/triple it for shows? How does this affect cooking times??

Thanks!
Paula

I usually don't double it, unless there are going to be a ton (over 12) of people there. The refrigerated mashed potatoes I buy are 20 ounces, and I add a bit more chicken stock and also more veggies than it calls for - like 3/4 cup each of carrots and celery, and I also add in a 1/2 cup of chopped onions - so all of that together makes it a little more than 4 large servings - but for shows, I do sample servings - I serve it in small bowls - if the host has small dessert bowls we use those, or I also bring small Styrofoam bowls.

ChefBeckyD said:
<snip> but for shows, I do sample servings - I serve it in small bowls - if the host has small dessert bowls we use those, or I also bring small Styrofoam bowls.
My cluster usually tells hosts that soup shows are a chance to get out all the mismatched coffee mugs for soup. If your host doesn't have a whole cupboard of mugs, then paper cups (designed for hot items, so they're NOT wax-coated) work well.

ChefBeckyD said:
I usually don't double it, unless there are going to be a ton (over 12) of people there. The refrigerated mashed potatoes I buy are 20 ounces, and I add a bit more chicken stock and also more veggies than it calls for - like 3/4 cup each of carrots and celery, and I also add in a 1/2 cup of chopped onions - so all of that together makes it a little more than 4 large servings - but for shows, I do sample servings - I serve it in small bowls - if the host has small dessert bowls we use those, or I also bring small Styrofoam bowls.

Thanks, Becky! Now, how much more chicken stock are we talking about? Sorry to be so "nit-picky", I'm just trying to imagine what to tell a hostess with regards to purchasing ingredients for such a show as this one. A full second can, or is that too much? Also, the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of skim milk. Do you add more of that as well?

Paula:chef:

chefann said:
My cluster usually tells hosts that soup shows are a chance to get out all the mismatched coffee mugs for soup. If your host doesn't have a whole cupboard of mugs, then paper cups (designed for hot items, so they're NOT wax-coated) work well.

Ann,
This is a really cute idea!!:D

I also have another idea for this type of show. It may be a great time to bring a loaf of beer bread along, too! Shows another stone, as well as the mix. Or, do 4 mini loaves and bring that stone. One loaf to be sampled at the show, (or 2, depending on # of guests), and the others are given to those to take home that book shows that night. (or as door prizes):chef:

Thanks,
Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Thanks, Becky! Now, how much more chicken stock are we talking about? Sorry to be so "nit-picky", I'm just trying to imagine what to tell a hostess with regards to purchasing ingredients for such a show as this one. A full second can, or is that too much? Also, the original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of skim milk. Do you add more of that as well?

Paula:chef:

I don't use the cans of broth - I use the cardboard cartons(I think they are 32 oz.)....so I usually use about 2/3- 3/4 of one of those, and I don't add any more milk....although I've been known to be generous with the sour cream.:D Remember, when I am doing this - the mashed potatoes I use are 20 oz - so more than the 16 oz that the recipe calls for. (either Bob Evans, or Meijers brand)

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - and here is the recipe for the Potato Soup - it's from the "It's Good For You" cookbook.

Are you making this in the Covered Baker???

OH CHEF BECKY!!!! we LOVE the Smashed Potatoe Soup in the DCB!! Even my youngest ate it! I am SO doing this at all my January shows!:love: :love:

Thanks!

chefmeg said:
OH CHEF BECKY!!!! we LOVE the Smashed Potatoe Soup in the DCB!! Even my youngest ate it! I am SO doing this at all my January shows!:love: :love:

Thanks!

I meant to PM you and find out how you liked it! Glad it was a hit - it's a family favorite here too.

raebates said:

RAEBATES!!!! Hey hot stuff, where have you been? I've missed you!

lkprescott said:

Soup and slippers is a favorite theme for January! :D

Related to Can Pampered Chef's Stoneware Enhance Your Soup Recipes?

1. What types of cookware does Pampered Chef offer for soups?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of cookware options for soup, including stoneware, stainless steel, and non-stick pots and pans. We also have specialized soup pots with features such as built-in strainers and pour spouts.

2. Can I purchase Pampered Chef cookware directly from a consultant?

Yes, as a consultant for Pampered Chef, I am able to sell our cookware directly to customers. I would be happy to help you find the perfect pot for your soup theme.

3. Are there any specific pots recommended for making soups?

While any of our cookware can be used to make soups, we do have some pots that are specifically designed for soups, such as our Executive Non-Stick Soup Pot and our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven. These pots have features that make them ideal for cooking soups, such as even heat distribution and easy pouring.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party to earn a soup pot for free?

Absolutely! By hosting a Pampered Chef party, you can earn free and discounted products, including our cookware. Your Pampered Chef consultant can work with you to plan a soup-themed party and help you earn the perfect pot to add to your collection.

5. Is there a warranty on Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, all of our cookware comes with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if your pot or pan is found to be defective in material or workmanship, we will replace it for free. Please note that normal wear and tear is not covered under the warranty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stephanie78
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tara28
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Rose Marie Nolan