• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Check Made Out to 'The Pampered Chef' for My Show Orders?

In summary, In summary, checks made out to The Pampered Chef usually go through, but if the guest writes in someone else's name instead of using the payee line, the check can come back as being improper endorsed.
PCwithStay-C
Hi Everyone, I had a show tonite and was just entering the orders into P3 and realised one person made their check out to 'The Pampered Chef'!! Can I do anything with this check or do I need to get another one?
TIA

I have had one like that.. I didn't have any problems depositing it.

I just write "or Nicole Uebel" on the payee line, and have never had a problem.

nikked said:
I just write "or Nicole Uebel" on the payee line, and have never had a problem.
That's what I do. Except I use my own name, of course. LOL

Cool, Thanks :D

I am going to have to try that. I have deposited checks made out to PC before and have always had them returned by my bank. I have had to get it replaced every time.

sfdavis918 said:
I am going to have to try that. I have deposited checks made out to PC before and have always had them returned by my bank. I have had to get it replaced every time.
Must be your bank, because I have never had a problem when I try to deposit them like that. I just sign my name to it and go on.

It depends on your bank!:rolleyes:

I always have the guest (or the host if I don't catch it or it's an outside order) write in my name (and cross out PC) - I feel like the bank would like that better than if it was my handwriting.

I do make sure the guest knows that I did that because some people might think I was doing something shady by depositing a check they wrote to the company in my own bank - KWIM?

Also, if you have a business account at your bank, you can have the checks made out to TPC. The account would be a "DBA The Pampered Chef" account with your name on it too. Those accounts usually have extra charges.

I use a stamp with my name and account number to endorse my checks. I've had them made out to The Pampered Chef and never had any problem depositing them. Of course, everyone I deal with at the bank knows I'm a PC consultant. I'm always depositing party funds, so they're very familiar with me.

It totally depends on your bank. My bank won't take them under any circumstances. Must be made out to me... can't even have my name and TPC in the line...must be my name only. It's a HUGE pain but I double check every single check made out to me when someone orders. It's usually the outside orders where I have trouble.

That's why I put, in larger letters, "Make checks payable to Ann Szwarc" on the outside order forms I use. It helps cut down on that a little.

I had a fired hostess last night.. she had people writing her checks left and write.... and she walked over to them and told them.. you need to make it out to "leah" not me....... LOL... I guess that is what you get when your hostess works at costco and so do all of her guest.

Make Checks Payable to:My bank is also firm on not accepting if my name is not at least included on the PTO line. I also think it's if the little girl catches it or not, because I've slipped one or two in on a couple of occassions because I figured either I'm holding up the show to get another check from the guest, or I can try it and cover it if it doesn't go through, then collect a new one. It's really all a matter of preference.

With outside orders - I always emphasize to the hostess during coaching calls that the checks must be payable to me or her.

At my cooking shows - when concluding, I do my "spend money, save money, or make money" skit...then:

On your order tonight, I have 4 different payment methods. I accept checks payable to ME, not The Pampered Chef..."I don't own The Pampered Chef yet, but I'm working on it!" (jokingly stated), I take all major credit cards, cold hard cash ...OR...the "husband doesn't know plan"...where we put part on a credit card, part on cash, and part as a check payable to me!

Happy Selling,
Rita

My day job is as assistant branch manager for a pretty big bank....

Most of the time you can slip these through and no one will catch it... but the check CAN come back as improper endorsement.

You can also cross out PC and write your name.... those USUALLY go through, too. But then the check can come back because it was altered.

I will say checks are rarely returned, especially if you bank at a large bank, unless the customer that wrote the check disputes the item. Scary, but true.

Also... you cannot say DBA The Pampered Chef, unless you literally have a DBA on file with your county. You can't have a business account either, unless you have a DBA or some type of offical organization (like LLC paperwork, Articles of Incorporation, etc). You are best off having a separate personal checking account for your Pampered Chef business.

When and if you get a check made out incorrectly, the best thing to do is call that customer and ask them if it is okay to correct the line or if they would rather write you a new check. That way the customer will have a heads up, and they won't feel a need to dispute the item when it clears their bank.

I hope I made sense!!

Leslie

Related to Can I Use a Check Made Out to 'The Pampered Chef' for My Show Orders?

What is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly"?

"Chack Made Out Incorrectly" is a term used in Pampered Chef to refer to a product that has been assembled or prepared incorrectly. This can happen during manufacturing or packaging, or it may be a mistake made by the customer while following a recipe or using a product.

What should I do if I receive a product that is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly"?

If you receive a product that is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly," please contact our customer service team immediately. They will be able to assist you with a replacement or refund for the product.

Can I still use a product that is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly"?

We do not recommend using a product that is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly" as it may not function properly or could potentially be unsafe to use. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

How can I prevent making a "Chack Made Out Incorrectly" mistake while cooking or baking?

To prevent making a "Chack Made Out Incorrectly" mistake while cooking or baking, it is important to carefully follow the instructions on the recipe or product packaging. If you are unsure of something, you can also refer to our online resources or contact our customer service team for assistance.

Is there a warranty for products that are "Chack Made Out Incorrectly"?

Our products come with a satisfaction guarantee, so if you receive a product that is "Chack Made Out Incorrectly" or are unsatisfied with its performance, please contact our customer service team for assistance. However, please note that this guarantee may not apply to products that have been damaged due to misuse or improper handling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • luvmypomeranian