• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I still submit a show that didn't meet the $150 mark?

In summary, the show did not make the $150 mark. The host can still submit it as a show or change it to individual orders for each person. It is a pain and there is a risk of people canceling their orders.
strasfamily
I have a show that didn't make the $150 mark. Can I still submit it as a show or do I need to change it to an individual order for each person?

How far away is it? You would have to submit them as individual orders and charge the direct shipping for each order. It's a pain and you run the risk of people canceling their orders because they don't want to pay the extra shipping. I would try to get the host to get enough orders to get it over $150. Is it an August or September show?? If it was from August (and dated in August) you can send out a last ditch email letting your friends, family and customers know that this is their LAST CHANCE to get any of the discontinued items. It's worth a try. Hopefully you're not too far away!!!:eek:

How much were you off by? If is was around $15 or $20 dollars I would add something towards it..for it to count as a show. Just an idea;)

letscook04 said:
How much were you off by? If is was around $15 or $20 dollars I would add something towards it..for it to count as a show. Just an idea;)

That can get expensive. I'd explain to the host how much more they will need to gather to get to $150 or, as suggest above, gather some orders on your own. If I'm the one getting the show to $150, I probably won't give the "original" host any host benefits.

If both shows are local I have put the host of a small catalog show on a cooking show as co-host and have the show delivered to me to sort. That way she can get the 10% for a year and the show discount on her order. I give any show benefits to the cooking show host including the monthly special.

Sometimes they really do try hard and just can't quite get to the minimum. I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

It is off by about $40. I'm not sure if any more orders are coming in. I guess I could submit it as an individual order and lump everybody under one so they don't each have to pay special shipping.

strasfamily said:
It is off by about $40. I'm not sure if any more orders are coming in. I guess I could submit it as an individual order and lump everybody under one so they don't each have to pay special shipping.

The bad thing about doing it that way is that you can't give each person who ordered their own receipt. It's a pain if someone has a warranty issue or needs an item replaced...

Just my 2 cents...

I would spend....the 40 out of my own pocket. Christmas is coming up so if you don't need anything who on your Christmas list might? Just my 2 cents. Plus you can earn commision off of it. :eek:)

I agree. I say place an order for yourself & then YOU keep the host benefit! You will get the commission on your $40 puchase, plus can take the free product value!

Well, I guess I could spend the $40. The only thing is September is our kit enhancement month! I will keep thinking that I could have gotten those items at 40% off!

As I was thinking about how to handle this, another question came up.

Do we have to print the computerized Pampered Partner receipts, or is a write-in receipt good enough in case someone needs to do a return? If I need to lump everyone under one order, they would still have their write-in receipts. :confused:

A write in receipt works fine, but if you put it all in under one name it won't match up if they have to call HO. I do this a lot and just explain to people that I have to put it under one name so that they don't each have to pay outrageous shipping each and most people would rather save money. When they have an issue they all call me anyway, so it works out. Just remember to tell them that it was all under one name so they aren't shocked when they are told by HO that they don't own the product they are holding!!

I was thinking for the $40, you could buy a few discontinued lids, then sell them to the people who purchase the matching stoneware this month! I have sold a few sets of lids to people planning to purchase the stones in Sept.

I would order the $40. I have done it before and its also a tax write off.

I've added the $40 on myself - but I have also done what Beth does - add it to a show with the host being a co-host. You have a happy "other host" with her sales going way up - and the host that is added can at least get the host bonus and a percentage off of her order - plus the 10% off for a year.

That's so funny I just had this happen to me and I opted to spend the extra money to have it qualify as a show. My good fortune was that a friend of mine (and past host) had an order with this show and I just attached my order to hers and got her 10% discount off my stuff. I do think about how much more of a discount I could get on my own, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Swirl said:
That's so funny I just had this happen to me and I opted to spend the extra money to have it qualify as a show. My good fortune was that a friend of mine (and past host) had an order with this show and I just attached my order to hers and got her 10% discount off my stuff. I do think about how much more of a discount I could get on my own, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.
Actually you did better than your discount this time. You got your friend's 10% off plus at least 20% commission on that order. This practice is really "breaking the rules" but sometimes we just need to help a friend or get just a little more to the incentive. I know for a fact that even the highest level consultants do it on occasion.

I had a catalog show like that in July - the host had all of $45 in orders :eek: ! And, I was only $51 away from making my 15K in sales....needless to say, I picked up the extra charges for direct shipping and added a few things to the order - and turned it in an individual order to make sure I got to my 15K level:rolleyes: made it by $10.01! I figured the extra expense on my part would more than pay for itself with the 2% raise I would get in August:) Got my name in the August CN too!:D :D :D

Related to Can I still submit a show that didn't meet the $150 mark?

What is a "Show That Doesn't Qualify..."?

A "Show That Doesn't Qualify..." is a Pampered Chef term for a show that does not meet the minimum sales or guest attendance requirements to qualify for host rewards or consultant commission.

How do I know if my show qualifies?

You can check the status of your show on your Pampered Chef consultant account. A show that qualifies will have a green check mark next to it.

What happens if my show doesn't qualify?

If your show doesn't qualify, you will not receive any host rewards or commission for that show. However, you can still submit the orders and earn points towards your personal sales goals.

Can I reschedule a "Show That Doesn't Qualify..."?

Yes, you can reschedule a show that doesn't qualify for a future date. This will give you and your host more time to gather more orders and guests, potentially making it a qualifying show.

Are there any exceptions for "Shows That Don't Qualify..."?

There are some exceptions for "Shows That Don't Qualify...". For example, if there were technical issues during the show or extenuating circumstances, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant support for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heather223
  • One4panthers
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies