• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Save Time and Effort by Nuking and Glazing a Fully Cooked Spiral Ham?

In summary, some ways to make meal prep faster and more efficient include using kitchen tools, slow cookers, and planning meals in advance. To cut down on cooking time, you can use pre-cut ingredients, quick-cooking methods, and cook in batches. To ensure even and thorough cooking, follow cooking instructions, use a timer, and rotate pans or stir food. When meal planning on a tight schedule, choose simple recipes, incorporate leftovers, and use meal planning tools. To make healthy meals with minimal time in the kitchen, use pre-cut fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins, and consider meal prepping on weekends.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I have a fully cooked spiral ham, it is also fully defrosted. I am supposed to cook it for 2 hours on low then at 400 for 15 mins. I do not want to do that and heat up my house. Think I can cut it up, nuke it and add the glaze?

Please say YES! :)

I don't see why not, it is fully cooked. It probably will mess with the texture and may dry out faster in the micro and not have a nice glazey crust but it should be fine if you cook it to the right temp in the micro.
Mara

Take chunks of it and put in the Deep Covered Baker and see what happens. Leave the lid on. I would maybe add a little water too.

Maybe heat it in the micro as suggested and bake it for 15 minutes at 400 to give it a nice crispy crunch?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Maybe heat it in the micro as suggested and bake it for 15 minutes at 400 to give it a nice crispy crunch?

but... oven at 400 for 15 mins heats up my small house QUICK!

Think I will cook it first thing in the AM. Then reheat for dinner.

Chicken on the grill tonight instead with taters and onions.

1. How can I make meal prep faster and more efficient?

One way to make meal prep faster is by using kitchen tools such as a food chopper or a mandoline slicer to cut down on prep time. You can also use a slow cooker or pressure cooker to save time on cooking meals. Additionally, planning and prepping meals in advance can also help with efficiency.

2. What are some ways to cut down on cooking time?

There are several ways to cut down on cooking time, such as using pre-cut or pre-chopped ingredients, opting for quick-cooking methods like grilling or stir-frying, and utilizing shortcuts like canned or frozen vegetables. You can also try cooking in batches and freezing meals for later use.

3. How do I make sure my food is cooked evenly and thoroughly?

To ensure even and thorough cooking, make sure to follow cooking instructions and use a timer to avoid overcooking. You can also invest in a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of meats, and rotate pans or stir food while cooking to ensure all sides are cooked evenly.

4. What are some tips for meal planning on a tight schedule?

When meal planning on a tight schedule, it can be helpful to choose simple and quick recipes that use minimal ingredients. You can also consider incorporating leftovers into your meal plan to save time and reduce waste. Utilizing meal planning tools and grocery store apps can also make the process more efficient.

5. How can I make healthy meals without spending a lot of time in the kitchen?

To make healthy meals without spending a lot of time in the kitchen, try using pre-cut or pre-washed fruits and vegetables, incorporating whole grains and lean proteins, and utilizing cooking methods that require little prep and cooking time like steaming or roasting. You can also meal prep on weekends and freeze meals for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies