• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Save a Movie in Windows Movie Maker and Burn it to a DVD?

In summary, Rhonda created a movie using Windows Movie Maker, but it did not save properly. She is getting a new computer next week and is hoping the DVD burner will work.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I hope some of you computer savy people can help me.

I've created a movie for my daughter in Windows Movie Maker. I scanned the pictures, imported the music, etc. I'm trying to save it to a DVD - yes my computer has a DVD burner, but it only gets so far and then stops. Windows Move Maker tells me it's being saved which takes about a half hour. It then gets to a screen that asks me to select the drive, name the movie, speed of burning, etc.; however, I can't click on any of the options to type in the info. People at work told me to wait a while (maybe a few hours) so I left it sit there all night - still no luck!

Can I save the movie to my computer and then burn to a DVD?

Please help if you can. Thank you in advance:)!

Rhonda,
did you publish it as a movie first? I don't know much about it, but my son used it for the first time this winter for a school project. he did a family history movie with scanned pics and then he narrated along the way. He published it as a movie, and then I think you can save it to a CD or DVD.
hope this helps,
Melinda

Hi Melinda,

Thank you so much. I think I figured out the problem --- my burner is only a CD burnger, not DVD!! I thought it was a DVD when I bought the computer.

Not all is lost - I am getting a new computer at work next week and it will have a DVD burner on it. My boss said I could burn it next week. He said I can save it to a CD (but you can't watch it from a CD) and the take it to work and burn it to a DVD. Who knew!

Hopefully I'll get good at this so if anyone has any questions after next week I can help:)!

The movie is turning out really nice! My DD is going to be so surprised when she gets back from Germany! I can't wait to show it to her:)!

Related to Can I Save a Movie in Windows Movie Maker and Burn it to a DVD?

1. How do I import videos and photos into Windows Movie Maker?

To import videos and photos into Windows Movie Maker, click on the "Add Videos and Photos" button in the Home tab. Then, select the files you want to import from your computer and click "Open". You can also drag and drop files directly into the program.

2. Is it possible to add music or audio to my movie in Windows Movie Maker?

Yes, you can add music or audio to your movie by clicking on the "Add Music" button in the Home tab. You can choose from your own music library or use the audio files provided by Windows Movie Maker. You can also adjust the volume and add different audio effects.

3. How do I add transitions between clips in Windows Movie Maker?

To add transitions between clips, click on the "Animations" tab and select the transition you want to use. You can preview the transition by hovering over it and then click on it to apply it to your clips. You can also adjust the duration and add different transition effects.

4. Can I edit the length of my movie in Windows Movie Maker?

Yes, you can edit the length of your movie by selecting all the clips in your timeline and dragging them to the desired length. You can also use the "Trim" tool to trim the beginning or end of a clip. Additionally, you can use the "Split" tool to cut a clip into smaller segments.

5. How do I save my movie in Windows Movie Maker?

To save your movie, click on the "Save Movie" button in the Home tab. You can choose to save it in different formats, including high definition, standard definition, and for specific devices. You can also choose the location where you want to save your movie and give it a title.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMary412
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • pctharper