• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Prep Jerk Chicken Salad Ahead of Time?

I just made these for my aunt. You just need to edit them.What a great invite!! Thanks for sharing!!:)
NMmommy
Can I do the chicken part the night before the show? Will it taste good cold?

I always serve my salad semi cold. I haven't made the boats yet, I always do it w/ the pasta and cold. I think it tastes better the next day personally. I have gotten rave reviews on this salad at my shows.

I think it would be fine. I tried the boats but have gone to just cutting the lettuce with the pink nylon knife. The boats look great but they were messier for the guests so I had a host who asked to just have it cut up. I like to have the chicked cooled down well anyway.

I think the chicken almost test better the next day. It is great either way. I also use my salad chopper to cut the lettuce instead of the boats. It is much easier. Plus it sells another product.

I served it warm and cold. People have said it is much better cold. I like to have mine after if has set in the frige overnight, all the flavors that you miss before are more present.

I evenwent so far as to purchase a grocery store rotiserrie (sp?) chicken the day before. I simply pull it apart, put the seasoning on it and let it sit over night by itslef. It was a hit so...

Thanks!!! I would prefer not to do the boats. So you just cut it all up and mix it together and serve it that way?

I think it would taste better cold myself. I would go for it! You can also have the host buy the seasoned cut up chicken by tyson or perdue. This is really good, too.

pampered1224 said:
went so far as to purchase a grocery store rotiserrie (sp?) chicken the day before. I simply pull it apart, put the seasoning on it and let it sit over night by itslef. It was a hit so...

GREAT IDEA! I always cook a bunch of chicken at one time sliced in to strips, and then freeze it until I need it for a show. I was thinking that I would have to make different chicken with the jamaican jerk rub..but I'll just let it sit with some of the seasoning on it for the night! PERFECT, thanks :)

I've made this for my family and had leftovers, eaten them cold from the fridge over the next few days (if it lasts that long). It really is delicious and I think you'd be fine cooking the chicken the night before.

So does anyone a good flyer to send out for this? Theme show??

nonopc said:
So does anyone a good flyer to send out for this? Theme show??

I just made these for my aunt. You just need to edit them.

Attachments

• Cooking Show Invites.doc
    588.5 KB · Views: 567
What a great invite!! Thanks for sharing!!:)

Related to Can I Prep Jerk Chicken Salad Ahead of Time?

What ingredients do I need to make Jerk Chicken Salad?

To make Jerk Chicken Salad, you will need cooked chicken, jerk seasoning, mayonnaise, plain yogurt, green onions, red bell pepper, celery, and pineapple chunks.

How do I cook the chicken for Jerk Chicken Salad?

You can cook the chicken in a variety of ways, such as grilling, baking, or pan-searing. It is important to make sure the chicken is fully cooked before adding it to the salad.

Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as shrimp, tofu, or even chickpeas for a vegetarian option.

How long will Jerk Chicken Salad last in the fridge?

Jerk Chicken Salad can last in the fridge for 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to keep it refrigerated at all times to prevent any foodborne illnesses.

Can I make Jerk Chicken Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Jerk Chicken Salad ahead of time. It is recommended to store the chicken and dressing separately and combine them right before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • esavvymom