• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I make desserts in the microwave with Pampered Chef products?

I LOVE doing Mom's Apple Crisp! Its fast and you can do it in the microwave. You could also make the crust in a springform pan and then just put the apple filling in the center.
TinasKitchen
Ok let me start by saying that my host is annoying (for lack of a better word). She has had shows in the past and she doesnt need anything, doesnt really use her stones, hates the cookware although she doesnt have it, hates the feel of it, insists that she doesnt want the 60% off when people book, she wants free products as was done in the past, etc. So you see where I'm coming from.

We are going to make the pecan lattice tart and the chocolate lava cake in microwave then she started saying how its going to be hot in the basement when we do this tart. Cant we just do another recipe in the microwave? I recommended a pizza prior to the tart and she insisted she wanted desserts b/c the girls have been to other shows and she wants something different. So then I suggested a salad so it wouldnt be cooked, nope she wants a dessert. My problem is that I'm going to her house straight from work and I dont live near her so I cant go home to get something I would've pre-made.

any suggestions? I'm not comfortable with making something the night before and leaving it in my car all day.

Tuxedo cupsWhat about the tuxedo cups? You could bake the cup s ahead of time, then mix the filling right there in front of them. If you're taking the ingrediants, the whipped topping will have time to thaw in the car and the cream cheese will be soft enougth to deal with. Then again it may be to soft....humm. :confused: Don't do the chocolate swirrly things but just drizzel chocolate over them after they are filled with the EAD. They are yummy and wonderful!!! really great if you get the strawberries sliced on top as a garnish as well.

everyone loves them!! Just a thought.

Good luck.!!

Wow.Haven't tried it, but how about the chocolate micro cake in the rice cooker? Or the bread pudding in something other than the new DDB <----:( "stop sell" Or maybe the Apple Salsa Pit Chips; you could make the chips ahead and demo the salsa?

I don't even know why she's having a show? Good for you! But Ahhhhh for her?!? I hope it turns out that your rack it in. Many times my worst shows have turned out to be my most profitable...... ? :eek:

Let me know how it goes?

Attachments

• Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips.doc
    24 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Alison, I work full time so my stuff will be in the car for about 12 hours so I'm not comfortable with that at all. I am making the rice cooker cake, which is what gave her the idea of my using the microwave!

I hope I rake it in also. She said she has 20 people coming.. the biggest show yet for me.. but lets see. She really had nothing great to say about anything, swears that the decorator bottles are NOT new and she has them from years ago, she really doesnt want anything so she even said "I dont know why I'm even having this show".. umm well maybe b/c you told your friend for me to call you or else you were going thru the home office to find someone? lol Should be interesting to say the least. I also heard she's not the best housekeeper in the world lol yuck

*Bump* - just seeing if anyone else has a microwave dessert

You could do the bread pudding if you have a baker that will fit in her microwave. I also did a spicy pumpkin dip in the microwave and I turned out good.

Do you have...Do you have stoneware fluted pan (bundt pan)? There is a fabulous microwave Pineapple Upside Down Cake that you make in that. I don't have the recipe, but I can get it for you if you would like it. One of my "sister" Directors makes it all the time.

I'm emailing her right now to see if she can send it to me. I'll post it when I get it.

Also, there is a recipe from a couple of seasons ago that uses the Springform pan that is no bake. It uses a Sara Lee pound cake for the crust, and it is YUMMY! Could probably be adjusted to the Deep Dish Baker if need be, but it's beautiful in the springform pans. It was a "Celebrations" theme show recipe when I first started.

If you don't have either of these pans, maybe there is someone in your cluster you could borrow from?

I'm looking for both these recipes...if anybody else has them, could you please post? Thanks!

I LOVE doing Mom's Apple Crisp! Its fast and you can do it in the microwave!

Found Pound Cake RecipeHere is the no-bake cheesecake recipe referenced above. I'm still working on the microwave upside down cake.

HTH!

Attachments

• Cherry-Almond Cheesecake.doc
    27 KB · Views: 497
if you do have the bundt cake pan, the sunshine cake is so yummy and made in the micro. the recipe is on this site and you get to showcase a bunch of tools...hth~tiffany p

AJPratt said:
I LOVE doing Mom's Apple Crisp! Its fast and you can do it in the microwave!
I'm with you on this one, Anne. Easy, quick, a chance to have a guest play with the APCS and it always gets rave reviews!

BTW - anyone know why our fluted bakeware is called "fluted" and not Bundt®? Well, it's because Bundt® is a registered trademark! The Bundt® pan was developed in 1950 by Nordic Ware in Minneapolis, to meet a demand by the Jewish community to make kugel. A fluted cake won second place in the Pillsbury bake-off in 1966 and sales of Bundt® pans skyrocketed. The trademark has been licensed by Pillsbury for a line of cake mixes. Over 50 million Bundt® pans have been sold by Nordic Ware.And that, Cheffers, is why you should not refer to our fluted bakeware, or a fluted cake, as a Bundt® cake!Don't believe me? As James Thurber used to say, "You could look it up."(Incidentally, "bund" is a German word that means "gathering" and Nordic Ware added the t in order to trademark the word. Milwaukee was a very German city for many years. A number of bund camps operated in the area until the late 1930's when a gathering of Germans was looked upon with suspicion.)

If she has a microwave you can do the Magic Cake. This seems to be my answer for everything!

1 Pkg cake mix, mixed according to directions.
Pour into fluted pan.
1 tub of frosting, whatever compliments cake flavor (dark choc/devils food, german choc/german choc, white/dark choc, etc.. whatever you like)
Dollop frosting on top of cake mixture.
Microwave for 12 min. Let stand 20-25 min and then depan. Viola... 1 frosted cake with no mess, no fuss. The frosting turns gooey and yummy. Great served while it's still warm, of course, ice cream or whipped cream will only add to the fun!

I got it!Here's the microwave pineapple upside down cake. Hope things go well for you at the show! You can also melt the butter directly in the stone and then mix the brown sugar in (that's what my friend does).

•Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 medium size can crushed pineapple

Combine these ingredients in the 8" or 10' sauté skillet until butter is melted and brown sugar dissolved. In 2 qt. Batter bowl, mix a Duncan Heinz Pineapple Cake mix with 3 eggs and 16 oz sour cream. Pour tepid mixture from skillet into fluted pan and spoon cake mixture on top. Microwave for 13 minutes. Let rest 10-15 min and un-mold and serve with whipped topping in desired.

HTH!

Sunshine cakeHere's the Sunshine Cake Recipe too

Sunshine Cake
1 lemon
1 orange
1 small carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
3 eggs
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
1 pkg. (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 pint blueberries (optional) or strawberries

Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using KS. Using Lemon Zester/scorer, zest lemon and orange, chop fine with Food Chopper. Juice lemon and orange over 1-qt BB using Lemon aid, to measure ½ cup juice; set aside. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater or Ultimate Slice & Grate. In Classic Batter Bowl combine eggs, sour cream, carrot, lemon zest and orange zest, whisk until smooth using 10" whisk. Add cake mix beat with Mix-n-Scraper about 1 minute. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly with super scraper. Microwave on high 13 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. (cake will be slightly moist on top near center). Let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto serving plate. Using Pastry Brush, brush reserved citrus juices over top and sides of warm cake.
Sprinkle powdered sugar over cake using Flour Sugar Shaker. If desired, fill center of cake with fresh blueberries or surround the cake with strawberries you fanned using the Egg Slicer. Serve Warm.

Thank you girls soooooooo much.

Being the dork that I am, I'm afraid to use the APCS b/c I've had problems w/ the apples before. So I think I'm opting for the Sunshine Cake. My SIL has the fluted and I will ask to borrow it providing she's not using it.

I am making the chocolate lava cake in the Rice Cooker Plus so it'll be 2 cakes, but hey, she wants dessert right? lol

Thanks Kitchen Guy for the Bundt story.

The APCS works best on small to medium apples, which may have caused your problems. If the apples are too big, it doesn't work well. And there are a few types of apples that have a tendency to have the core spin out (like Braeburn), so those are less than stellar with the APCS, too.

But I've never had a problem with the Granny Smith apples that come pre-packaged, since they tend to be a little smaller. :)

What about wedged apples (sprayed with the lemon juice in the kitchen spritzer so they will not brown) with a caramel sauce mixture? I don't think it is a PC recipe, but you can soften a block of cream cheese on a medium SA, or a piece of stoneware with sides, because it is messy! then pour a tub of warm Mazeratti's caramel apple dip (the light is even yummy!) and then sprinkle heath bar pieces (chopped in food chopper or you can buy it chopped in a large bag in the chocolate chip/baking area of your grocery store) and serve!

The pineapple upside down cake sounds WONDERFUL!!! I love pineapple upside down cake. I have a show on Frii and was going to dazzle them with my magic cake (see I told you I do it all the time!) but I have to re-think that!!

chefann said:
The APCS works best on small to medium apples, which may have caused your problems. If the apples are too big, it doesn't work well. And there are a few types of apples that have a tendency to have the core spin out (like Braeburn), so those are less than stellar with the APCS, too.

But I've never had a problem with the Granny Smith apples that come pre-packaged, since they tend to be a little smaller. :)
I agree. For the first time I had touble with GS apples, but they were left out in this HOT house. I like to pick up the apples the day of, while they are nice and hard.

1. Can I make a cake in the microwave using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can definitely make a cake in the microwave using our Pampered Chef products. Our Microwave Cake Pan is specifically designed to create moist and evenly baked cakes in the microwave in just minutes.

2. How do I adjust the cooking time for a dessert recipe in the microwave?

Cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave. We recommend starting with the shortest suggested cooking time in the recipe and checking for doneness. If the dessert is not fully cooked, continue microwaving in small increments until it is done.

3. Can I use metal pans or utensils in the microwave to make desserts?

No, it is not safe to use metal in the microwave as it can cause sparks and damage to the microwave. You should only use microwave-safe products, such as our Microwave Cake Pan or our Silicone Microwave Baking Set, for making desserts in the microwave.

4. Are there any special tips for making desserts in the microwave with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we recommend using a microwave-safe lid or cover to trap steam and prevent the dessert from drying out. You can also rotate the dish halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking. And always follow the recommended cooking times for the best results.

5. Can I make a variety of desserts in the microwave using Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Our Microwave Cake Pan is not just for cakes, you can also make brownies, cobblers, and even mug cakes in it. Our Silicone Microwave Baking Set is also versatile for making a variety of desserts, from cookies to cheesecakes. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • stacieka
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies