• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I help with the cancelled wedding registry?

In summary, Jennifer shares her discomfort at finding out about the cancellation of a wedding she had tried to contact the bride's family for. She receives support from others who commend her for stepping out of her comfort zone and trying to promote her business. Some share their own experiences of similar situations and offer words of encouragement. Jennifer's husband also praises her for believing in her business.
pamperedmom24
I can't believe how uncomfortable I feel now. There is a lady from my church who I've only talked to once or twice and whose extended family and my extended family have not been on the best of terms. Well I run across the wedding announcement of her son in my local paper and try to get up the nerves for 2 days to call her and ask for the bride to be's information. After really thinking about how great the registry rewards are and the fact that I'm doing her a favor by letting them get in on these great rewards, I call.

I go through my introduction and what I am calling about and there is silence on the other end. Then she says "I'm sorry they have cancelled the wedding" (they called it off 4 weeks before the wedding), she was very nice about it and said she likes PC and if she ever needs anything she will let me know. It's just that I finally get up the nerve to ask someone who I was not that comfortable with and it just so happens they have called off the wedding!

Just wanted to share with others

Jennifer

Awww...you didn't know - you made a great attempt and maybe you will still get a future sale...

Don't be too upset...I know you probably felt bad but you didn't do anything wrong...you honestly didn't know.

Good for you for making the call and asking!! You have no control over them cancelling the wedding, so don't feel bad. You were "working your business" and going on the information you had. I'm sure the mom doesn't harbor bad feelings towards you - if it was uncomfortable at all, it was b/c of her son and his ex-fiance's decision, not your decision to call her. Give yourself a pat on the back for making the call, and make a few more! You will get more no's than yesses, but the more no's you get, the closer you get to a YES!! Hang in there and keep going - don't let this get you down!!!

Jennifer, the important part of this whole story is that you conquered your discomfort! Think about that for a moment. You did something that was out of your comfort zone. You did it! So the next time, you can chuckle and say, "Well, most likely this won't be as bad as finding out someone canceled their wedding!"Go, you!

about a year ago I did a really expencive bridal fair (about $75 for one hour) I got lots of leads, but no responces to the letters, emails of phone calls. Except of the one gal that called to tell me thank you, but the wedding was cancelled. It kinda puts you in that ... "um what do you say" place

Jennifer, you had no way of knowing, and the woman didn't seem at all upset. Let go of the bad guilt, and take pride in stepping waaaay outside your comfort zone and making that call.

Thank you everyone!! I do feel much better now and even a little more confidant. I guess what they say is right, once you puch past your comfort zone even a little, other things don't seem so undoable (is that a word?).

When my husband came home I told him the whole story ( he knows all the past drama) and he said whoa you really must believe in PC!! Thanks for the words of support

Jennifer

don't feel bad...who knows she/lady you spoke with may take u up on PC in the future after all.

Good Luck and Great for trying;

Liz

Last year I had a woman call me because she saw my business card on a grocery store bulletin board. I sent her a catalog and recruiting info, because her friend was interested in becoming a consultant. Never heard back from her or her friend. Decided (months later) to call and follow up. Turns out she got the info, but told me her friend DIED unexpectedly so that's why I never heard from her. Uh, oops. (She was the nicest lady though and tried to comfort ME, when she saw how tongue-tied I got.)

So anyway, congrats on going out of your comfort zone! Keep up the good work.

cathyskitchen said:
Good for you for making the call and asking!! You have no control over them cancelling the wedding, so don't feel bad. You were "working your business" and going on the information you had. I'm sure the mom doesn't harbor bad feelings towards you - if it was uncomfortable at all, it was b/c of her son and his ex-fiance's decision, not your decision to call her. Give yourself a pat on the back for making the call, and make a few more! You will get more no's than yesses, but the more no's you get, the closer you get to a YES!! Hang in there and keep going - don't let this get you down!!!

What Cathy said!

Really, I feel for you- but focus on your accomplishment here...stepping out of your comfort zone and going for it! Way to go!

1. What is "Foot in My Mouth"?

"Foot in My Mouth" is a hilarious game that challenges players to come up with creative and funny responses to prompts in order to win points.

2. How many players can participate in a game of "Foot in My Mouth"?

The game can be played with 3-8 players, making it perfect for small gatherings or game nights with friends and family.

3. Can kids play "Foot in My Mouth"?

Yes, the game is suitable for ages 10 and up, making it a great choice for family game nights or parties.

4. How do you play "Foot in My Mouth"?

Players take turns as the "judge" and read out a prompt card. The other players then have to come up with a response that they think will make the judge laugh the most. The judge then chooses their favorite response and awards a point to the player who wrote it. The first player to reach five points wins the game.

5. Is "Foot in My Mouth" suitable for all types of gatherings?

Absolutely! "Foot in My Mouth" is perfect for any type of gathering, whether it's a family game night, a party with friends, or even a team building activity for coworkers. It's a guaranteed way to have a fun and memorable time together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • clover71199