• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can anyone cure my office supplies addiction?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the addiction to office supplies and the struggle to resist buying them. The participants share their experiences of going to office supply stores and ending up buying more than they intended. Some even joke about needing help and being surrounded by enablers. One person shares their job at Staples and another talks about the company's lack of consideration for their employees. One person also mentions a points program that allows them to earn gift cards for their office supply addiction.
hoosierchef said:
Jilleysue......I need a fix. Can you help me out??? :p

NO NO, I am not a co-dependant. WAIT>>>YES I AM...WHAT DO YOU NEED DUDE? BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (TWITCHING):eek:

Kehehehehehehe! Yeeee Up.. Sorry We Are We Are!!

the only thing better than office supplies ..... is office supplies in BULK!!!!! I to have a few issuse with office supplies but I won't admit that i have a problem.. specifically to my husband because then I would be expected to do something about it. (like not buy anymore!....I don't thinks so!!). But I am very happy with my Issuse!!

Do you think that we should start an organization:
OSA = Office Supplies Annonamous (sp?)

heather

:p
Morvin said:
the only thing better than office supplies ..... is office supplies in BULK!!!!! I to have a few issuse with office supplies but I won't admit that i have a problem.. specifically to my husband because then I would be expected to do something about it. (like not buy anymore!....I don't thinks so!!). But I am very happy with my Issuse!!

heather

:eek: OM gosh.....Office supplies in bulk = OD! Jilleysuee!!!!!! We've been going about it all wrong!!!!!!!!!! :p

Morvin said:

heather

Hello. My name is Tammi. I'm a charter member of OSA and I have a problem...... :rolleyes: :p

I am just so happy to see that I am not the only one!!:)

just remember there is power in numbers!!!!

heather

Morvin said:
the only thing better than office supplies ..... is office supplies in BULK!!!!!

heather

OMG - I am HOT!!!!
::::::fanning self:::::::
I LOOOOOOOVE the office supplies aisle at Costco - DH has to literally DRAG me away kicking and screaming!

No way, Heather! If you're anonymous, how can we find out where the best gadgets and bargains are?

Morvin said:

heather
The first two steps.

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I am HOT!!!!
::::::fanning self:::::::
I LOOOOOOOVE the office supplies aisle at Costco - DH has to literally DRAG me away kicking and screaming!
ROTLMBO!!! I was going to say that in my first post! I LOVE COSTO'S OFFICE AISLE! Walmart has a okay selection too. Got my shredder there a couple weeks ago and it works like a dream and my hubby was impressed with it's ability and how much money I saved!:D
But Costco does ROCK! I have to buy something from the office aisle EVERY SINGLE TIME I go there! There cork boards are the best price in town!! And they are big!! Just what I need ,more space to hang my stuff!! That's okay though, it gets it off my desk! And I love to look at my incentives and goals on paper!:)

MissChef said:
ROTLMBO!!! I was going to say that in my first post! I LOVE COSTO'S OFFICE AISLE! Walmart has a okay selection too. Got my shredder there a couple weeks ago and it works like a dream and my hubby was impressed with it's ability and how much money I saved!:D
But Costco does ROCK! I have to buy something from the office aisle EVERY SINGLE TIME I go there! There cork boards are the best price in town!! And they are big!! Just what I need ,more space to hang my stuff!! That's okay though, it gets it off my desk! And I love to look at my incentives and goals on paper!:)

Me too!! Me Too! ME TOO!!! My mind starts calculating how much I am paying per item in a package, and I just HAVE to buy it! I'm a Costco Junkie to begin with, and then I discovered their Office Supplies......whooo hooo!

Don't forget, at least according to Chefann, Costco is stocking Sprecher Root Beer, too. (At least, in Michigan, they are.)http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/imgjpeg/rb_n_mug.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't forget, at least according to Chefann, Costco is stocking Sprecher Root Beer, too. (At least, in Michigan, they are.)

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/imgjpeg/rb_n_mug.jpg

Yep they are! And the nice thing is that, unlike alot of advertising you see, theirs is for real.....it really does get a head on it like the picture!:D

I just heard this weekend that Costco has won something that they've been fighting for, for a long time! They will now be able to carry alcohol, like in a liquor store and they can charge it at their bulk prices so you can more for less. Now I don't know if they can do that anywhere else, but here in WA that is huge! You can only buy beer, coolers and wine in our grocery stores, you have to go to the liquor stor to be able to buy the hard stuff.
I came from California, where you could buy all of it anywhere!!! Shoot you could almost buy it on a street corner stand!!! It was a big shock when I moved here and you could only buy it at specific stores that closed early, closed on Sundays, and the lines are huge!
So this is a nice development for me. I'm not a huge drinker but my hubby likes some brand sometimes and enjoys a glass rum and coke sometimes after work.
I love Costco!:D

OOOH NOW we're talking...bulk liquor sales with bulk office supplies. If Costco knows what they're doing, they'll make it so you can only get to the office supplies through the liquor aisle where they freely hand out samples...what a dream!!

LOL! Speedy Chef! Right on, I'm all for that!:D

speedychef said:
OOOH NOW we're talking...bulk liquor sales with bulk office supplies. If Costco knows what they're doing, they'll make it so you can only get to the office supplies through the liquor aisle where they freely hand out samples...what a dream!!

At the Costco where I shop, the Office Supplies are right next to the Liqour Dept! (Haven't seen any liqour samples yet though.:( )

Does Michigan have a penalty for Shopping While Intoxicated?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Does Michigan have a penalty for Shopping While Intoxicated?
Does walking out of Costco with a $500 receipt, when you went in for sticky notes, count as a penalty?

Some of the Costcos near me have had hard liquor for a couple of years now. Not all (one city has a no liquor sales except in a liquor store rule- and of course that's where "my" Costco is), but some. It's nice for the holidays, because you can stock up for a party or gifts.

ChefBeckyD said:
Does walking out of Costco with a $500 receipt, when you went in for sticky notes, count as a penalty?
That's either a several lifetime supply of stickies or an awful lot of booze.

No, I call that GREAT!!!!!

You know look at the bright side it could be worse you could have spent $1,000. and never got the sticky notes.

maybe the stores should offer a DD. I know I would shop there more often!!!

heather

THis past weekend, when I went with my director & 3 other cluster mates to a meeting in Kansas City, we went early to go shopping. The first store we went in was Office Max. (then a bunch of others) We stayed with my director's aunt; it was so funny, she was teasing us because we drove 4 hours, and the first store we went in was office supplies. Then one gal pointed out, what was funnier was that was the one store where we all bought something:)

<h2>1. How can I stop my office supplies addiction?</h2><p>There is no one-size-fits-all solution for overcoming an addiction, but some strategies that may help include finding alternative hobbies to occupy your time, setting a budget for office supplies purchases, seeking support from friends and family, and seeking professional help if necessary.</p><h2>2. Can I still enjoy office supplies without going overboard?</h2><p>Absolutely! It's important to set boundaries and stick to a budget when indulging in your love for office supplies. Consider joining a budget-friendly subscription box service or participating in office supply swaps with friends to enjoy new items without overspending.</p><h2>3. How can I resist the temptation to buy more office supplies?</h2><p>One helpful tip is to make a list of what you need before going to the store and sticking to it. You can also try keeping track of your spending and setting a limit for each trip. Additionally, try to find other activities to do that bring you joy and fulfillment besides shopping for office supplies.</p><h2>4. Is it possible to save money on office supplies?</h2><p>Yes, there are many ways to save money on office supplies. Look for sales, use coupons and discount codes, and take advantage of loyalty programs at your favorite stores. You can also consider purchasing office supplies in bulk or shopping at discount stores.</p><h2>5. What if my office supply addiction is negatively affecting my finances?</h2><p>If you find yourself spending more than you can afford on office supplies and it's impacting your finances, it may be time to seek help. Consider talking to a financial advisor or therapist to develop a plan for managing your spending and addressing any underlying issues that may be contributing to your addiction.</p>

1. How can I stop my office supplies addiction?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution for overcoming an addiction, but some strategies that may help include finding alternative hobbies to occupy your time, setting a budget for office supplies purchases, seeking support from friends and family, and seeking professional help if necessary.

2. Can I still enjoy office supplies without going overboard?

Absolutely! It's important to set boundaries and stick to a budget when indulging in your love for office supplies. Consider joining a budget-friendly subscription box service or participating in office supply swaps with friends to enjoy new items without overspending.

3. How can I resist the temptation to buy more office supplies?

One helpful tip is to make a list of what you need before going to the store and sticking to it. You can also try keeping track of your spending and setting a limit for each trip. Additionally, try to find other activities to do that bring you joy and fulfillment besides shopping for office supplies.

4. Is it possible to save money on office supplies?

Yes, there are many ways to save money on office supplies. Look for sales, use coupons and discount codes, and take advantage of loyalty programs at your favorite stores. You can also consider purchasing office supplies in bulk or shopping at discount stores.

5. What if my office supply addiction is negatively affecting my finances?

If you find yourself spending more than you can afford on office supplies and it's impacting your finances, it may be time to seek help. Consider talking to a financial advisor or therapist to develop a plan for managing your spending and addressing any underlying issues that may be contributing to your addiction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jkendall
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies