• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Credit Card Delay Your Show?

In summary, if your show is held up because of a credit card issue, you will need to resolve the issue with the guest in order for the show to still count for the month.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I've heard people complain about their shows held up due to a credit card.

I have at least one show ... probably 2 or 3, that will be closing the last days of Sell-A-Thon.

If a show is held up ... does it mess up our SAT sales?

HO gives you a timeline/deadline date to resolve the issue so it will still count towards mid month/end of the month commission. I assume they will do the same for SAT.

No, it will not mess up Sell a Thon. As Jessica stated, you are given a deadline to resolve the problem and it will still count for you.

Good question--I hadn't really thought about that, and haven't had it happen (yet),:thumbup: but I'm sure this info will save me a panic attack in the future!

AZPampered Chef said:
Good question--I hadn't really thought about that, and haven't had it happen (yet),:thumbup: but I'm sure this info will save me a panic attack in the future!

DITTO! I totally agree.

I've only had one show that had a credit card issue. I got notice from HO asking me how I'd like to handle it. I told them I'd resolve the money thing with the guest and to release the show. It was resolved within 24 hours so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure for guests you are just meeting to have their full contact information and hope for the best. Chances are you won't have any cc problems.

They give you a deadline like mentioned above to solve it by (I can look at my latest email to see how far out hte dealine was). But I have been a consultant for over a year and a half and have only had a few issues with this. I wouldn't worry about it until it happens. Not to say this will happen but I wouldn't be so worried about cc, checks are worse because the money is coming out of your account.

Usually, shows have to be resolved by the 5th or so to count for the previous month.

1. How can a credit card hold affect my purchases?

A credit card hold is a temporary authorization placed on your credit card by a merchant or financial institution, which reserves a specific amount of your credit line for a transaction. This can prevent you from using that portion of your credit line for other purchases until the hold is released.

2. What are common reasons for a credit card hold?

Credit card holds are typically placed for larger purchases, such as hotel reservations, rental cars, or expensive items. They can also be used for recurring charges, like gym memberships or subscriptions, to ensure payment is available each month.

3. How long does a credit card hold last?

The length of a credit card hold varies depending on the merchant or financial institution. Typically, holds can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. It's important to check with the merchant or your credit card issuer for specific hold policies.

4. Can I dispute a credit card hold?

If you believe a hold was placed in error or for an incorrect amount, you can dispute it with your credit card issuer. However, if the hold is placed for a legitimate purchase, it may be difficult to have it removed.

5. How can I avoid credit card holds?

To avoid credit card holds, you can use a debit card or cash for purchases instead. You can also ask the merchant about their hold policies before making a purchase to better understand how it may affect your credit line. Additionally, ensuring you have enough available credit on your card can help prevent holds from being placed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • karen_anne1
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • wadesgirl