• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Blizzard Really Trap You Inside Your Home?

In summary, the conversation is about a winter storm in Buffalo, NY that is causing heavy snowfall and creating difficulties for people trying to go about their daily lives. Some individuals are worried about their travel plans, while others are concerned about the impact on their work and business events. The storm is also affecting areas outside of Buffalo, with one person reporting heavy snowfall in the twin cities and another in Chicago. Some people are finding humor in the situation, while others are experiencing severe weather conditions and disruptions to their daily routines.
poohritz
Gold Member
now I know how those people in Buffalo NY feel. predicted 16-20 inches of new snow through friday. i tried to get out of my driveway and could not make it. oh well have to wait for the landlord to plow the streets. If I can't get to work, that would bum me out ;) if I can I will get another pic taken as the snow has drifted so much last night that the windows looking out on my deck are covered.

That is a big bummer!! Sorry that you're getting buried. How close are you to the twin cities? My husband is there on business and supposed to come home tonight, but I'm doubting he'll be able to get out. :( As long as he's home by tomorrow night since I have a show Saturday afternoon! What a bummer to be buried again out there. Sorry!:(

Don't know if he will make it out tonight Becky... right now it's not bad in the cities, they got less than 2" overnight but it is supposed to be at it's worst between 3 and 6. Just in time for all the commuters!

I'm an hour north of the cities and we have gotten about 4" overnight. Up to 14" is predicted by this time tomorrow... They did not call off school in my town but I will not be surprised if they let out early.

All I can say is Saturday better be OK. I signed up to do a business expo thru a local Chamber of commerce and it was NOT cheap! I usually never spend this much but the attendance at these events is usually VERY high.

Wish all this snow had come in December!!!!

that might be possibleI am a few hours north of the twin cities and haven't heard what their forcast is like. is he flying out or did he drive? the weather is winter storm warning until friday for the twin cities.

I just got it that your screen name is your name spelled backwards Paullette. I am probably the last one to figure it out.

no you are not the last.... It's not something most people get.... It came from a series of booke my parents got for me when I was a little girl. They were personalized. One time a character in one of the books was named Etteluap.... My mom still calls me that and i'm 36!

As for the snow, it is snowing harder now..... we will see how much we end up with!

well it is getting alot worse here... The school just called and they are closing early... Saw that comming! Well at least my DD will be happy. She has been wanting to get picked up instead of riding the bus.

poohritz said:
I am a few hours north of the twin cities and haven't heard what their forcast is like. is he flying out or did he drive? the weather is winter storm warning until friday for the twin cities.
He's supposed to fly out around 3:30 pm. I'm doubting that will happen. I wish they'd get their act together and end this meeting early and let everyone try to fly home. Aaaahhh! This sucks.:( At least I"m not in the snow. OUt here in Chicagoland it's most just raining. Lots of the snow is melting and there is starting to be flooding.

I didn't get the Paulette spelled backwards thing either until seeing this!! Very clever.:)

This is great, though! I can get my very own weather reports from you guys. Thank you!!

etteluap70PC said:
I'm an hour north of the cities and we have gotten about 4" overnight.
Wow! I didn't know anyone actually lived in Lake Wobegon.

Ahhh KG you crack me up!

It is pretty bad... Wind is blowing like crazy! They are even closing the outlet mall over in Albertville & They Canceled 3rd Shift at my Hubby's work in Arden Hills (just on the north side of the cities). They may stay closed tomorrow too (yayyyy)

updatesorry we had a internet outage for a while. now this is a snow drift
100_0381.jpg

or a different angle
100_0382.jpg

i didn't get to work today and when I checked in they had closed at noon anyhow. Not a nice situation as duluth has pulled the plows off the streets so the workers can get some rest. with sustained winds of 40+ mph drifts are going to be unbelievable in the morning

HOLY COW!!!

I am absolutely amazed that my husband actually made it home tonight from the twin cities. It's only because he got to the airport early, changed his flight to a different airline and got on that flight. THe one he was supposed to be on did get cancelled. The one he ended up on was only about 60-90 minutes late, so that wasn't bad at all. The ironic thing is it was about the easiest trip home he's had from there in a while. Before today, most of his flights were way late, even without the weather issues.

I hope you all out there can dig yourselves out eventually! Good luck!

We have been having a blizzard here too. We have had about a foot or more of snow and the wind is blowing. School was closed today and tomorrow and I didn't go to work today and can't tomorrow. My DH is stuck at his mom and dad's house about 10 miles away. Our gravel road is closed but hopefully the road grater will go by tomorrow. My two boys want spring to hurry up and get here so they can play outside in their sandbox and ride their bikes.

Well they did cancel school here today. Hubby had to go to work though. This morning his car had almost no snow on it..... it was all piled up in a drift on the drivers side though!
I have an awesome drift under my front picture window. It looks like a surfers dream wave. Its almost up to the sill about 4 feet. Considdering it is out of the wind its pretty cool... This is the first big snow in this house. We have been here just 2 years. We have a corn field behind us with some big trees in our yard. The drifting out back makes it look like sand dunes.
Well it's still blowing pretty hard... I hope it stops soon!

Becky... I'm so glad he made it home! Thats the nice thing about flying from somewhere that is used to bad weather. They can handle it! I got stuck in Atlanta one time because of rain...?

Related to Can a Blizzard Really Trap You Inside Your Home?

1. What products do you recommend for cooking during a blizzard?

During a blizzard, we recommend using our stoneware and cookware, as they distribute heat evenly and can withstand extreme temperatures. Our slow cooker is also a great option for making hearty soups and stews.

2. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party during a blizzard?

Yes! We offer virtual parties where you can still earn host rewards and your guests can shop from the comfort of their own homes. Contact your consultant for more information on hosting a virtual party during a blizzard.

3. How can I stock up on pantry essentials before a blizzard hits?

We offer a variety of pantry staples such as spices, sauces, and baking mixes that can be purchased through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also check out our meal prep and freezer meal recipes for easy and convenient options during a blizzard.

4. What can I do with leftover food during a blizzard?

Leftovers can be turned into delicious meals with our Meal Prep Plan and Reheat & Eat recipes. You can also freeze leftovers in our freezer-safe containers for future use.

5. How can I safely cook during a power outage caused by a blizzard?

We recommend using our outdoor cookware or grilling tools to cook over a fire or grill, if safe to do so. You can also use our stoneware in a gas or charcoal grill. Always follow proper safety precautions when cooking during a power outage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
  • Intrepid_Chef