• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner...friday, February 12

In summary, Barbara is describing her normal activities during the week. She has a dinner planned for Friday night, but it is unlikely that there will be any snow.
pamperedbybarbara
:thumbdown:Good Morning and TGIF!!!:)

Again, no birthday for our cheffers today:(...

I hope you all are doing well...we here in NJ are still shovelling out:thumbdown:.....sore muscles, but I slept so well!!! My DS really helped out....he snowblowed the driveway and paths to the house because my DH is back up in Buffalo, NY working again for a month:((Buffalo, usually gets a ton of snow only got about an inch!!)....hard work for DS (15 yr. old) because the snow was deep and packed....but we did it!!!

Made shrimp bisque last night and have leftovers which my DD asked "can we have this tomorrow, too?":love:

Have a great weekend, all!! Stay safe and guess what....they are predicting more snow on Monday!!!:eek::yuck::cry:

Tonight I am making the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake..I hope my picky boyfriend likes it..he likes chili and he likes cornbread..so I am hoping

Barbara do you have a recipe for the Shrimp Bisque that you would be willing to share??

chefheidi2003 said:
Tonight I am making the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake..I hope my picky boyfriend likes it..he likes chili and he likes cornbread..so I am hoping

Barbara do you have a recipe for the Shrimp Bisque that you would be willing to share??

Of course I will share...that is what this thread is all about!!!!!!
My MIL :)love:) gave me this, she lives in the Florida Keys and you can substitute lobster for shrimp...

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt(I use only 1/2tsp.)
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion,minced
1 carrot diced/minced
1-2 stalks celery,diced/minced
5 cups chicken broth
few drops tabasco sauce-adjust for your taste
1 bay leaf
1 lb. shrimp, chopped--buy smallest shrimp because they get chopped up anyway, and are less expensive
1 pint light cream

1.Melt butter in 3+quart sauce pan
2.Blend in flour,salt and pepper,mix well
3. Add veggies,chicken broth, tabasco and bay leaf
4.Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes
5.Add chopped shrimp(I cut my shrimp in fours, because my family likes the chunks!), simmer 10 minutes.
6. Slowly stir in cream and warm it.

Hint #1, when I made this, I had to pick up my DS from friends house and let it sit for 45 min. (no heat)--was yummy

Hint #2, usually we eat this with Saltines, but I splurged and bought oyster crackers!!!

Hint #3, buy the shrimp frozen in a bag, taste just as good and less expensive
Enjoy let me know what you think of it!!!:chef:

I've got two recipes to go in Week 1 of Weekday Dinners Done. Can't for the life of me remember what they are, but one of them will be dinner tonight.

No snow down here, Barbara! But it is colder than the normal temps for this time of year.

Dinner? On Friday nights it is usually something quick - like McDonald's or Burger King because I run the PowerPoint slides at church for the praise team/speakers for our Celebrate Recovery program. There is little time between getting home from work and "getting to the church on time". Hey, isn't that a song from My Fair Lady? Ha! Ha!

My Church has a beautiful marriage celebration the Friday before Valentine's Day. Mass and we renew our vows (everybody at the same time. so cool!). Followed by a dinner/dance reception. Happy Valentine's Day! Kids are getting PB&J!

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12?"

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12" is our delicious and easy-to-make Chicken Fajita Bowls.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12?"

Yes, we have a delicious Vegetarian Fajita Bowl recipe that can be substituted for the chicken fajita bowls. It includes roasted vegetables and a homemade chipotle sauce.

3. How many servings does the "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12" recipe make?

The Chicken Fajita Bowl recipe makes 4 servings, but can easily be doubled to serve a larger group.

4. Can I make any substitutions to the "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12" recipe?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be customizable and we encourage you to make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. You can also check out our website for alternative ingredient options.

5. Is there a suggested side dish to pair with the "What's for Dinner...friday, February 12" recipe?

We recommend serving the Chicken Fajita Bowls with a side of Mexican rice or a simple salad. You can also add some guacamole or salsa as a topping for extra flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara