• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Make Business Calls During the Super Bowl?

In summary, Sandi thinks it's inappropriate to make calls during the Super Bowl and that most people are not interested in the game. However, she is hopeful that she can reach someone during the game.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, so I have absolutely NO INTEREST in the Super Bowl and am not doing anything special.

But I don't know if my customers will feel the same.

Do you think it's inappropriate to make calls during this event, even if I ask if it's a bad time?

i was wondering the same thing......

Yes, I think it is. I don't have any interest in the Super Bowl either, but I know that most people probably do.

I am hoping to get calls during the superbowl for my mystery host phone in show....

I wouldn't call people - unless you know without a doubt that they won't be watching the Superbowl. In the time it takes to answer the phone and tell someone it's a bad time, the game could completely change. Or the ad they really wanted to see during a commercial could be on...:D

I don't want to interrupt anyone's party, so I guess its double calls tomorrow!

Sandi

I really don't like how the Super Bowl has become a national holiday which means an evening of not contacting people. I'm going to work on my taxes.

Becca_in_MD said:
I really don't like how the Super Bowl has become a national holiday which means an evening of not contacting people. I'm going to work on my taxes.

The funniest thing I heard is that Indianapolis is starting schools 2 hours late because last year they had so many drivers call in sick! Really?

HaHa! I was just thinking that now that "the boys" are in the other room watching the football game, should I make some phone calls. Then I got on the computer for a few minutes and read your post. I know there is one person I have been trying to get in touch with and will call.
I figure this: they are enjoying a quiet night without the football game
or they will be to distracted and not want to answer the phone
or they have company answer the phone and then when you hang up the conversation gets sidetracked to PC. They realize they are having a good time with friends, so why not have a PC party and have someone cook for them. (OK, I'm in an optimistic mood)
I am going for it. Good Luck everyone!:D

It's really no biggie for me. I don't make phone calls on Sunday anyway.:D So, I don't have to look at it as a lost night of opportunity - I'm just having a fun family night!

Really? My director makes calls on Sunday nights all the time, unless the person is a pastor's wife. She finds that people are home.

I work 2nd shift 3 nights out of 5, or more ... and I do see it as a lost opportunity, since so few people are around during the day. And Roomie whines about not being able to hear anything when I make calls. Being alone in the house with Roomie at a family party, I saw it as a perfect day to make them.

I was leaning towards not making them anyway, but worry that I'm just talking myself out of it. The whole "phone fear" thing.

I dont make calls on Sunday after 5 anyway. I dont watch football but I always go to a Superbowl party for the fellowship and fun and of course the food

Glad I am not the only one. I survived my snowed in weekend, alternating an hour of research (doctoral), an hour of PC work, and hour of taxes on and off to keep from going insane!

I really wanted to make calls now too, but DH told me not too. I already received several nasty "you are bothering me now, I am trying to shovel" answers this weekend.

The best time for me to reach people is Sunday afternoon or evening or Saturday morning (after 10am but before noon). My kids keep me really busy during the week and although I bring my stuff to make calls during practices and whatnot I don't always reach people. I get a larger percentage of live people on Sat or Sun.

I absolutely would not have made any calls last night during the Super Bowl.
Did you hear it was the most watched TV event in history?

We are huge sports fans and even though I am a consultant, I would have been royally PEEVED if another DS consultant called me during that time to book a show. In fact, it might turn me off altogether. I know it's after the fact, but just thought I'd weigh in. Also, I do make calls on Sundays, just not "that" Sunday! :)

Did anyone decide to make calls and get any success? If anything, I would have ran a "super bowl widow" sale or something, where "they" could call "me".

I thought about it but decided that since I have been doing good with calls during the week, I would not worry about calls during Super Bowl. Did briefly consider phoning during the commercials but I like watching the Super Bowl commercials.

I would be annoyed with calls during the Super Bowl. At the party we were at last night, the name of incoming calls is posted on the screen. Even if you were ignoring the call, you couldn't ignore the number plastered on the screen - a bank - probably calling for some unpaid bill. How embarassing!

What if you called during their Super Bowl party and your name got plastered up there. Could you hear the unpleasant discussion of Pampered Chef going on at the party?

I was not at a Super Bowl party it was just my boyfriend and I watching it together..and my team was not in it..as I am a Steelers fan..HOWEVER..his mom called me..and I was very annoyed that she just wanted to chit chat.

So I would have been very annoyed with a "sales" call..for lack of a better term.

1. What is the purpose of having calls during the Super Bowl for Pampered Chef?

The purpose of having calls during the Super Bowl for Pampered Chef is to provide customers with the opportunity to purchase our products and take advantage of special offers while enjoying the big game. It also allows us to reach a larger audience and showcase our products to potential new customers.

2. How can I participate in the Pampered Chef calls during the Super Bowl?

To participate in the Pampered Chef calls during the Super Bowl, you can sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media to receive updates on the special offers and promotions. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on how to place an order during the Super Bowl.

3. Are the products on the Super Bowl calls different from what is available on the website or catalog?

No, the products featured on the Super Bowl calls are the same products that are available on our website or catalog. However, we may offer exclusive bundles or discounts during the Super Bowl calls that are not available elsewhere.

4. Can I still place an order with my consultant during the Super Bowl if I'm not able to watch the game?

Yes, you can still place an order with your consultant during the Super Bowl even if you're not able to watch the game. Our consultants will be available before and after the game to assist you with your purchase. You can also place an order online at any time during the Super Bowl.

5. What happens if I experience technical difficulties during the Super Bowl calls?

If you experience technical difficulties during the Super Bowl calls, you can contact our customer service team for assistance. You can also try refreshing the page or switching to a different device to see if that resolves the issue. Our team is dedicated to ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience for our customers during the Super Bowl calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies