• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling All Male Consultants!!!!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the lack of options for men's clothing at the National Conference, as well as the difficulties in marketing their businesses without proper logo wear. Some suggestions were made for alternative options, but it was also noted that using the company's logo without permission is not allowed. The conversation ended with a humorous anecdote about a male consultant at a home and garden show. Overall, it was clear that the male consultants felt neglected by the company and hoped for more consideration in the future.
benjamin.flatt
Gold Member
i attended national conference wave 2 and the selection of mens clothing options were absolutely awful!!!!

i have sent numberous emails to TPC Merrill Customer Service and have not recieved any response...

my question is... what do you wear to your shows and how do you market your business without the proper logo wear???

thanks for your time!

Some of us look pretty good in pink. (Ask around.)The golf shirts are pretty much unisex, if you don't mind the buttons going right over left. Keep asking, but I can tell you that you're pretty much SOL for anyone paying attention to the request.

Merrill offered no male items what-so-ever to the Canadian NC. I had a coupon for $50.00 and was not able to use it. They didn't even have the unisex T-Shirts on hand and I wasn't going to buy a PC bunny rabbit !!!

I only wear white shirts at my shows (under the apron) but some ladies have asked that I wear ONLY the apron. Those women eah!!! I have nothing to advertise my business but was planing on maybe wearing a button or something. The NC tote bag was also very much lady like so I can't carry that either. Man oh Man we're in a women's world and the PC is not helping us out either. We're on our own. God Bless Us!!!

As much as we didn't like VIP, at least they carried menswear.

well hopefully someone at home office will read these posts and escalate it up the food chain... i have heard that some guys wear the white chef's coat to their shows... it's a nice coat, but i don't think it's acceptable to wear, because we are not "CHEFS" i'm going to keep begging that we get some different options, or i will find someone with a machine to make my own...

Well, yeah, except you can't do that. TPC is very protective of its trademark, logo and taglines. You signed an agreement that said you wouldn't do that...so unless you embroider it with something like "Benny And The Chefs" (with no apologies to Elton John) you're going to get into dutch with HO.Any relation to Lester?

What about the camp shirts that Merrill has? I think those look great! Very classy and comfortable, squared off hem so no need to tuck in. I just bought the unisex windshirt, it is very comfortable, but I think to "jacket" like to wear at a show. The ball caps you could wear around town. The denim shirts always look so nice as well, don't think they carry those anymore.

Why can't you create your own "logo" so to speak and have your own shirts made? As long as you don't use the standard PC logo I think that would be fine.

On a personal note.... If you can pull it off, why not just the apron? Think of the bookings! just kidding. I saw a long ago, when Chippendales was so popular a male consultant at home and garden show, in black pants, bow tie and wrist cuffs only and wearing a chef's hat, the ladies were lined up like crazy to get into his booth.

Sorry you guys are left out. PC really needs to take you opions and needs seriously.

cwinter474 said:
What about the camp shirts that Merrill has? I think those look great! Very classy and comfortable, squared off hem so no need to tuck in. I just bought the unisex windshirt, it is very comfortable, but I think to "jacket" like to wear at a show. The ball caps you could wear around town. The denim shirts always look so nice as well, don't think they carry those anymore.

Why can't you create your own "logo" so to speak and have your own shirts made? As long as you don't use the standard PC logo I think that would be fine.

On a personal note.... If you can pull it off, why not just the apron? Think of the bookings! just kidding. I saw a long ago, when Chippendales was so popular a male consultant at home and garden show, in black pants, bow tie and wrist cuffs only and wearing a chef's hat, the ladies were lined up like crazy to get into his booth.

Sorry you guys are left out. PC really needs to take you opions and needs seriously.

I like the camp shirts, but if you have a belly (and I do) then they are not flattering at all. The polos are pretty nice, though. I wear the chef's coat at shows and I've gotten compliments on it. I don't think there's anything inappropriate about it. Our tagline is "Discover the chef in you" and that's what the chef's coat helps me do. :)

cwinter474 said:
The would be lined up at my booth to get out as fast as possible!

cwinter474 said:

No one takes me seriously.

Heck, I don't take me seriously.

Too funny KG - too funny!!!

Keith, my hubby has a "Santa tummy" as our grandson would say and what I do is get one size larger than he needs in a camp style shirt so it is longer and I take a tuck in the shoulders. But you are right, at times it can look sorta "prego" (spelt right?) looking.

Wonder why they don't have like a tie or a tie clip? Too dressy? Oh, maybe a vest instead of a apron? Or a tool belt style apron? Ok, let's get the ideas rolling and the designer juices flowing...

What do you GUYS want?
What would you like to wear?

cwinter474 said:
Keith, my hubby has a "Santa tummy" as our grandson would say and what I do is get one size larger than he needs in a camp style shirt so it is longer and I take a tuck in the shoulders. But you are right, at times it can look sorta "prego" (spelt right?) looking.

Wonder why they don't have like a tie or a tie clip? Too dressy? Oh, maybe a vest instead of a apron? Or a tool belt style apron? Ok, let's get the ideas rolling and the designer juices flowing...

What do you GUYS want?

OH NO - don't give KG any more ammo then he needs - or worse - don't get us chicks going on that one!!! LOL!

I think a nice oxford shirt in denim would look mighty fine on the male consultants.......

Yep, your right, I left the door WIDE open for KG that time.

I agree with you a nice oxford shirt looks mighty fine on most all men.

What we WANT...well, do we really need to discuss that?And you're right about oxfords. VIP used to have an embroidered dress shirt but they wanted $65 for it - I'm used to paying 8 bucks at the Lands' End Inlet store. (Okay, I'm cheap, but for 65 bucks, a shirt better be 100% cotton and high thread count.Shameless plug - there is no better value in a mens' oxford cloth shirt than Lands' End. I've been wearing their dress shirts for 20 years.

cwinter474 said:
What do you GUYS want?

What I want:
  • Chef's Coat (got it!)
  • Black apron
  • Long-Sleeved Rugby Logo Shirt
  • Manly bags (besides the duffel/gym bag)
  • Track Jacket or Hoodie
  • Manly bags
  • Manly bags
  • Manly bags

I'm with Keith - I love the camp shirts because they are comfortable, but loard - big as a house!!

They had polos last year and I got several - very low quality - but I wear them anyway. We do need some nicer men's shirts - and another apron. And manly bags.

We want manly bags! We want manly bags! We want manly bags!!

ljeffries said:
I'm with Keith - I love the camp shirts because they are comfortable, but loard - big as a house!!

They had polos last year and I got several - very low quality - but I wear them anyway. We do need some nicer men's shirts - and another apron. And manly bags.

We want manly bags! We want manly bags! We want manly bags!!

My National Executive Director's response to my wish for manly bags is "Well, they have briefcases, don't they?". And my response is, "Who carries a briefcase anymore?"

When I hear "manly bags" the first thing that comes to mind are the Craftsman Military-Ready Carts available at Sears. My dad has a few of these. I always thought they would make great luggage but they are so darn heavy.

What about some of the new for collage bags that are used for laptops? Alot of them are "manly" looking. And you could get the PC luggage tags (still available?) and put on them.

KG - I love the shirts from Lands End! They are great quaility and wash up well. Could you have them monogramed?

There is a black apron on eBay right now. I think the bow might take the "manly" wish away. Idea here - Could you buy a black apron, and print the PC logo on to a iron-on transfer (available at craft stores) and make your own?

cwinter474 said:
When I hear "manly bags" the first thing that comes to mind are the Craftsman Military-Ready Carts available at Sears. My dad has a few of these. I always thought they would make great luggage but they are so darn heavy.

What about some of the new for collage bags that are used for laptops? Alot of them are "manly" looking. And you could get the PC luggage tags (still available?) and put on them.

KG - I love the shirts from Lands End! They are great quaility and wash up well. Could you have them monogramed?

There is a black apron on eBay right now. I think the bow might take the "manly" wish away. Idea here - Could you buy a black apron, and print the PC logo on to a iron-on transfer (available at craft stores) and make your own?

I think the point is that we don't want a work-around. We want stuff designed for men. The messenger bags from a few conference back are pretty good, but they're not available for everyone.

I could do lots of stuff to create my own logo wear, but why should I have to? Women have tons of ready-to-order options and it'd be nice to have the same. I do understand that from a business standpoint, however, it's probably not lucrative for them to do so.

Suggest things to Merrill and copy HO. Merrill has an email address for product suggestions on their welcome page. If they don't hear your complaints, they don't know that the products are needed.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't really wear most of the women's stuff because I am too short waisted. I need about 2" added to my spine between my hips and ribs. Don't you think they could put some rubber spacers between my vertabra (spelling?). If I buy it to fit down over my hips, it way too big up top. If I buy it to fit up top, it doesn't fit over my hips and bunches up at the waist. That doesn't help when you are trying to hide a baby belly.

As we come into the cooler months there is a great 1/4 zip sweatshirt that I love. Verry Comphy and unisixed. Mine is wayyy too big (4X) but there were no 3X's last year in the blue. The Logo is not as prominent as I would like but it still gets noticed.

I hate the shirts they sell too! Part of the problem is that they shrink something fierce because they are poorly made. I have a couple of the conference shirts and I made sure I washed them in cold water and line dried them. What I think really stinks is this, why can they not create a simple needle point type logo on a white oval that we can sew onto what ever we want. The Home Office people are always telling us to wear our logo wear! Well, when you got sh*# to pick from, how do you do that without looking like a fool with either a shirt that so poorly made and measured that it looks sloppy or it simply falls apart after washing a few times that you simply can not justify buying it. They do that for us at the place I work full time. We can buy the logo emblem then put it on clothing we buy. It ain't that difficult! Neat thing is, the emblem usually out lasts the clothes so you can cut it off and reuse it again. They charge us $5 something for them because they do last. Oh and just so you know, I think it is Merrill that dictates that we do not have that option so they can sell us the cheap crap they make. Over and Over and Over again. The only way to get the point across is to totally boycott them but that won't happen because too many consultants swear by them. Personally, I like swearing at them instead!

Last edited:
I love this Idea John! I have similar issues since I am no where near a size 5!

I always buy things a size or 2 too big because of shrinkage and they always shrink up! I like that extra 2 inches to keep covered up. I hate that most shirts after washing and if I put my arms up I show off my flabby roadmap of a tummy! IIIIKKK!!!!

thanks for all the comments... agree with Keith we do need a more manly bag and a different apron... rarely i wear one, and when i do, it's usually a white one from Target... I wear ALL of my pins!!!

i have emailed the [email protected] but have not recieved any positive comments, basicily i have not recieved any comment, but I have emailed them every day and now i'm asking ALL MALE consultants to send them an email too!

i just think it's REALLY interesting that as was stated before, women have ALL KINDS of options, including a MATERNITY shirt... i personally think they are showing favoritism to the female world of TPC Consulants...

NOW'S the time for a change! EVERYONE with me?????

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can personally use the logo for things YOU make. So, I have an embroidery machine that will do a few different fonts, but nothing fancy. If I had a computerized one where I could take the logo we can download from CC and load it onto my sewing machine, I could make stuff for myself. Where the fine print comes in is that I couldn't do it for anyone else, couldn't give it away (like an incentive for my team) and definitely couldn't sell it, even just for the cost of materials. Not going to help much. On another note, last year's holiday gift to directors was a silk scarf and necktie set with the logo hat. Very nice looking. It has been made, so it can be made available (or something like it) by Merrill. I suggest you ask for specific items. Set up a nice email that we all can copy and send in, too. The more people ask for it, the faster it will become available!

Benjamin,To be fair, there aren't too many places women can excel like Pampered Chef. I LOVE my guy consultants, but I also like that this business caters to women. Where can you find that in the corporate world? My husband's company makes logo wear available to their employees. Out of about 40 items, two were "female" and none maternity.

Your right, you can make your own clothing and aprons. But you shouldn't have to!!

I had not thought of it quite that way. I know we, females, out number you guys but PC and/or Merrill should take your need to heart. If they want you to be a consultant, they should support you 110% like they do us.

For all it's worth, you guys have my support and respect. Anything I could do to help this I would.

cmdtrgd said:
Benjamin,

To be fair, there aren't too many places women can excel like Pampered Chef. I LOVE my guy consultants, but I also like that this business caters to women. Where can you find that in the corporate world? My husband's company makes logo wear available to their employees. Out of about 40 items, two were "female" and none maternity.

Thank you! I was just going to post something similar.

cmdtrgd said:
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can personally use the logo for things YOU make. So, I have an embroidery machine that will do a few different fonts, but nothing fancy. If I had a computerized one where I could take the logo we can download from CC and load it onto my sewing machine, I could make stuff for myself.

Usually you have to have graphics converted into the correct format for an embroidery machine. If you had the software to do it yourself, you could do this, but if you have to send it out to be done, that would be a violation of the policies.

cwinter474 said:
<snip>I know we, females, out number you guys but PC and/or Merrill should take your need to heart. If they want you to be a consultant, they should support you 110% like they do us.

<snip>

And everyone thinks we go to conference for the messages.

(Hehehehehehehehe!)

BTW, the email posted above is not the one to send product suggestions to. This is what's on the Merrill page:
Have suggestions? We'd love to hear from you!
Do you have ideas for items that would promote your business, make you more efficient and excite your hosts? How can we make this site even more beneficial for you? You're the experts and we value your opinions! Drop us a line and tell us what we need to know: [email protected]
(Please note: e-mails sent to this address will not receive a reply.)

thanks chefann... i will forward my chain of emails to this address to!

Related to Calling All Male Consultants!!!!

1. What are the available options for men's clothing at the national conference?

Unfortunately, at the moment, the options for men's clothing at the national conference are limited. However, Pampered Chef is constantly working to expand and improve our merchandise, and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

2. How can I get a response from TPC Merrill Customer Service regarding my concerns about men's clothing options?

We apologize for any delay in response from our customer service team. Please be assured that we are doing our best to address all inquiries and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you may also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

3. What should I wear to my shows if there are no proper logo wear options available for men?

While we understand the importance of representing the Pampered Chef brand, we also encourage our consultants to wear something comfortable and professional for their shows. This could include a solid color polo shirt or button-down shirt with khaki pants or dress pants.

4. How can I market my business without logo wear?

There are many effective ways to market your Pampered Chef business without logo wear. You can utilize social media, create business cards, attend local events and fairs, and network with friends and family. You can also create personalized flyers or brochures to promote your business.

5. Thank you for your time!

Thank you for being a valued member of the Pampered Chef family. We are always striving to improve and provide the best experience for our consultants, and we appreciate your support and feedback. Happy cooking!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hoosierchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • julia.poe
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kitchen2u