• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calico Cole Slaw - Anyone Have Recipe?

In summary, the cookbooks are in the middle of the car and the car is so packed that she is thinking of bringing coolers and making cole slaw for her family. She doesn't have the recipe, but she is thinking that the vinegar might help preserve the vegetables. She knows there is honey and cilantro in the recipe. It is REALLY good if you have never had it.
its_me_susan
My car is so packed (big fundraising festival) and my cookbooks are in the middle... Since I'll be doing so much slicing I thought I'd bring coolers and make Calico cole slaw for my family. lol. But I don't have the recipe and I'm thinking the vinegar would likely help preserve my veggies, just don't know how much. I know there's honey too & cilantro. It is REALLY good in case you have never had it.

Thanks in advance!
Susan :)

Calico Coleslaw
(Casual Cooking...pg 36)

Dressing
1 orange
14 cup rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbls vegetable oil
2 Tbls honey
2 Tbls snipped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp salt

Slaw
1/2 head red cabbage, cored and shredded (2 cups)
2 large carrots, cut into julienne strips (1 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
2 green onions, tops only, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)

1. For dressing, zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange with Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Place zest, juice, vinegar, oil, honey, cilantro and salt in Measure, Mix, & Pour. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

2. For slaw, cut cabbage half into 2 equal portions. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, carefully slice cabbage into thin shreds. Peel carrots and cut into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell peppers into thin strips using Chef's Knife. Cut off white parts of green onions and reserve for another use. Slice green onion tops into thin, short strips. Place vegetables in large Colander Bowl.

3. When ready to serve, pour dressing over slaw; toss using 3-Way Tongs. Serve immediately.

Makes 8 servings.

kcjodih said:
Calico Coleslaw
(Casual Cooking...pg 36)

Dressing
1 orange
14 cup rice vinegar
1 1/2 Tbls vegetable oil
2 Tbls honey
2 Tbls snipped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp salt

Slaw
1/2 head red cabbage, cored and shredded (2 cups)
2 large carrots, cut into julienne strips (1 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips (1 cup)
2 green onions, tops only, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)

1. For dressing, zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange with Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Place zest, juice, vinegar, oil, honey, cilantro and salt in Measure, Mix, & Pour. Mix thoroughly and set aside.

2. For slaw, cut cabbage half into 2 equal portions. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, carefully slice cabbage into thin shreds. Peel carrots and cut into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Cut bell peppers into thin strips using Chef's Knife. Cut off white parts of green onions and reserve for another use. Slice green onion tops into thin, short strips. Place vegetables in large Colander Bowl.

3. When ready to serve, pour dressing over slaw; toss using 3-Way Tongs. Serve immediately.

Makes 8 servings.

THANK YOU Jodi!

What is the recipe for Calico Cole Slaw?

The recipe for Calico Cole Slaw can vary, but a popular version includes shredded cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, red onion, and a dressing made of mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and celery seed.

How do I make Calico Cole Slaw without mayonnaise?

You can make a healthier version of Calico Cole Slaw by using a Greek yogurt or avocado base for the dressing instead of mayonnaise. You can also try using a vinaigrette dressing instead.

What are some variations for Calico Cole Slaw?

Some variations for Calico Cole Slaw include adding different vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or radishes. You can also add dried cranberries, nuts, or seeds for extra flavor and texture.

Can I make Calico Cole Slaw ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Calico Cole Slaw ahead of time. It is best to prepare the vegetables and dressing separately, and then mix them together right before serving to maintain the crunchiness of the vegetables.

How long does Calico Cole Slaw last in the fridge?

Calico Cole Slaw can last up to 3-5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. It is important to check for any signs of spoilage before consuming. If the slaw becomes watery, it is best to discard it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cthomp88
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Kathie's Kitchen
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • erin.tpc