• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calendars, Merrill..... Urgh!!!!

In summary, Carol received a call from her mother who had attached 100 calendars from Merrill to her living room. Carol found that there were two November 3rds on the calendars. Carol called Merrill, and Karen told her that a sticker sheet would be sent to her to fix the errors. Carol is disappointed that Merrill does not have a proofreader.
When I called yesterday, I had to get my receipt from conference and give them my invoice #. When I called PC today to do an adjustment, I told them and the girl at the Solution center hadn't heard of the complaint yet.

PampMomof3 said:
When I called yesterday, I had to get my receipt from conference and give them my invoice #. When I called PC today to do an adjustment, I told them and the girl at the Solution center hadn't heard of the complaint yet.

They would have been talking at people at a higher level than the operators who answer the phones.

BethCooks4U said:
They would have been talking at people at a higher level than the operators who answer the phones.

yes that's true but I wanted to make sure I told PC about it as well.

I rec'd a message from Merrill today stating they were issuing stickers and cute ones for events etc. I called back to say that is unacceptable and unprofessional and would there be anything else Merrill is willing to do to compensate for this issue. She said they are working with PC Home Office to determine a better resolution and I should wait for a call back.

**IF YOU HAVE the same issue with the calendars I urge you to call Merrill. 1-800-876-5004. THEY NEED TO KNOW WHO IS HAVING THIS ISSUE.***

Beth thanks for your post. It always helps for different ones to post & remind us of things that we forget in the heat of the moment. I do LOVE the calendars & everyone that I have given one to ohh's & ahh's over it. I hope they find some better way to say sorry than the stickers.

Thank you Beth for this note. Yes, it stinks that Merrill made a mistake and yes, they are not handling it as well as they should. But, c'mon, they are calendars. We need to put it in perspective and move on. I'll sticker mine, possibly put in a silly note about the error and leave it at that. Yes, we paid for these and should be given some sort of credit, but I am giving them to my customers as a gift and don't think they will seriously put out because of the error. This should be the worst thing to happen to me this month.:)

doughmama said:
Thank you Beth for this note. Yes, it stinks that Merrill made a mistake and yes, they are not handling it as well as they should. But, c'mon, they are calendars. We need to put it in perspective and move on. I'll sticker mine, possibly put in a silly note about the error and leave it at that. Yes, we paid for these and should be given some sort of credit, but I am giving them to my customers as a gift and don't think they will seriously put out because of the error. This should be the worst thing to happen to me this month.:)

I agree. ;)

They still haven't gotten in touch with me. Did they call ya'll or email you?

Yes, BUT.....the pat answer that she gave me just now was "we are working with The Pampered Chef Corporate Office about this". I pointed out that I didn't purchase them from Pampered Chef, I purchased them from Merrill, and I don't understand why they have to get permission from PC to fix this.....no, it's not the biggest deal in the world, but I DID purchase them....and I don't understand why they can't just suck it up and reprint them--yes, it's a big mistake on their part, but it's THEIR mistake, not mine, and not PC's. I grew up in the 4 color printing business, and it happens. I can't believe someone didn't catch it till now...isn't that what proofreaders are for? I kind of feel the same way about last season's catalogs with the knife prices that were mis-printed--they never did fix it. I ordered catalogs in July just to get me through August and they still had the old knife prices in them that were switched. Kind of tacky, I think.

Just called Merrill. I told her who I was and said, "I bet you can guess where I'm headed with this call."

She left and gave me the standard "working on a solution" answer. I told her that I found it interesting that they doubled my birthday. She suggested that I keep one copy for myself and force everyone I know to celebrate my birthday twice. Kinda liked her. :)

I also just sent the following email to the HO:

I'm contacting you to let you know that I'm one of the many who has a Pampered Chef 2009 Calendar with two November 3rds. I'm sure mine isn't the first email or call you've received about this issue. However, on the off chance that you haven't been notified, I'm letting you know.

This isn't the first issue I've had with a Merrill product. In the past, those issues have been resolved in a satisfactory (if not always timely) manner. It is my hope that the outcome will be the same with this issue.

BethCooks4U said:
I think we should step back and breathe a little here. Merrill has it's issues, I am quick to admit, but at least in my experience they have resolved all issues with my orders in a timely manner to my satisfaction (except the fact that they are too pricey). I also agree that we definitely need to have more than one vendor and have never understood the logic of just using one.

As far as the calendars are concerned They are beautiful. Each month has great pictures and a recipe. Our customers (or our team - my team won't buy them so I'm thinking of giving them as Christmas gifts) will love them.

The people who printed them made a mistake. They're human. Give them a break. I agree that a sticker doesn't sound like a professional solution but these calendars will bring us business - make sure you put your name on them - their friends will see them and want to know where they got them and that will start the PC conversation. (and they did cost us less than $2 each)

I plan to put the sticker and the "cute" stickers with the calendar and add a note saying to put it over the first 3rd of November and a comment like: "I guess our printers aren't perfect either. Thanks for letting me pamper you."

Beth has a very good point. I just found this thread and I purchased the calendars as well.

I am reminded of the stickers we had to place on our PC catalogs when the knives were switched; or the last season catalog when the pans were not available sticker; or this years catalog where we have to mark holiday spreaders as unavailable.

Is placing a sticker on our business catalog any different than placing a sticker on a gift to our hostess? I certainly stuck a whole lot more stickers on my catalogs than I will on my 25 calendars.

I just don't think the sticker on one day in one month is that big of a deal, especially if you use the opportunity creatively with your hosts.

Nanisu said:
I can't believe someone didn't catch it till now...isn't that what proofreaders are for? ...

With the way theyre handling the issue, who's to say they didn't notice it before? They probably figured that once it went noticed, it would already be in the customers' hands and there was nothing we could do about it.

Regardless of the price, we paid for calendars we expected to be right. Do you think it would be acceptable for them to continue selling them at this price now that they've discovered the mistake? Probably not. So shouldn't they at least offer a discount to those who have already purchased them as a courtesy? ABSOLUTELY!

I think the real issue here is that Merrill has screwed up in the past...if this was the ONLY thing, that would be one thing, but it's kind of the straw that broke the back, ya know?

linojackie said:
with The Way Theyre Handling The Issue, Who's To Say They Didn't Notice It Before? They Probably Figured That Once It Went Noticed, It Would Already Be In The Customers' Hands And There Was Nothing We Could Do About It.

Regardless Of The Price, We Paid For Calendars We Expected To Be Right. Do You Think It Would Be Acceptable For Them To Continue Selling Them At This Price Now That They've Discovered The Mistake? Probably Not. So Shouldn't They At Least Offer A Discount To Those Who Have Already Purchased Them As A Courtesy? Absolutely!

I Totally Agree With You Jackie!!

pamperedlinda said:

I haven't heard a word back, by phone or email.

How nice..... NOT

pamperedlinda said:

Merrill called me. I happened to be out so I came back to this cheery message that the "sticker will solve everything" resolution. HA!

All I can say is thank goodness for this site! I would not have known and sent them out before correcting! Yikes! I will have to put a call out tomorrow am! Thanks!

I just emailed home office with both of the issues I am currently experiencing and suggested that competition between vendors might be better for customer service and more budget friendly.

alatour said:
I just emailed home office with both of the issues I am currently experiencing and suggested that competition between vendors might be better for customer service and more budget friendly.

I think that is a great idea! When they get "one vendor", it seems that we are stuck with whatever! At least using Vistaprints helps!

Glad I didn't order calendars yet. Do you think they will fix the ones not ordered as yet or will they send stickers with the orders?

Thanks you so much for this warning. We were just talking at our Cluster meeting, tonight, about placing a group order! Now, I am hesitant to participate, unless they
are selling them at half price. Like someone said, the cost of an envelope and postage
makes it something to think about. The cost of the calendar is only one third of the total mailing.

vwpamperedchef said:
Merrill called me. I happened to be out so I came back to this cheery message that the "sticker will solve everything" resolution. HA!
Yes, but who is taking the time to place those stickers on the all calendars that I ordered? That in itself will take forever. Hoping the offer more than just stickers.

:)Boy am I glad I didn't purchase any calendars!

Just looked at mine and they are all wrong like everyone elses... I imagine all of them are wrong. I haven't seen a post saying "mine are fine".
Calling Merrill will be difficult for me with such an extreme time difference, but I'll do it. I'll suck it up and go with the stickers as I don't want to give the calendars out with incorrect info and I don't want to spend more time then needed on this annoying issue. Thanks Carol for bringing this to all of our attention. I would have felt a little foolish not catching it and giving it to a vast number of people. Thankfully I've only given three out and they are to some of my best friends.I planned on bringing some to my show tonight, but won't until the stickers arrive.Thanks again!!!

byrd1956 said:
:)Boy am I glad I didn't purchase any calendars!

That's what I'm thinking!

Thankfully, I haven't given any out yet. I was planning to start offering them to my October hosts. Now I'll wait until I hear what solution they're offering.

I couldn't find envelopes to fit. If someone did please post where and the size

I'm not mailing mine. They will go to hosts in Oct - Dec (possibly Jan too) and/or my team. Maybe Merrill will sell us an envelope to fit. They'll probably come out with the envelope in December. :rolleyes:

alatour said:
I got the same answer. And funny thing. Checked on my shirt return that last Monday I was told was shipping "tomorrow" and yesterday was told was shipping "tomorrow." Today I was told it is shipping "tomorrow!" I asked if there was some way to guarantee that since I have been told "tomorrow" three times. They are going to call me back apparently. I am VERY frustrated!

I called back again today and they were going to "work on" the order. I asked to speak to a manager and talked with Carrie who was very nice and apologetic and basically said there was no excuse for people keeping on telling me it was going to ship and not giving me the information. She put the order through while I was on the phone and sent it overnight to me so I should have it Monday and gave me a new order number. It was very professional and I felt that my concerns were heard. I wish the first 4 people I talked to were like that and that calendar situation had been this pleasant for everyone.

I just called Merrill back about this since they never called me (like they said they would). I spoke to a very nice lady named Clara and she told me that there was not a resultion right now and that Merrill corporate office is working with Pampered Chef corporate office to come up with a solution that everyone will be satisfied with. She didn't say anything about the stickers either. Just that they were instructed to tell us that at this time they didn't know what they were going to do and that someone should contact us by Mon or Tues.

I'm guessing that PC is aware that we don't like the sticker solution....

pamperedlinda said:
I just called Merrill back about this since they never called me (like they said they would). I spoke to a very nice lady named Clara and she told me that there was not a resultion right now and that Merrill corporate office is working with Pampered Chef corporate office to come up with a solution that everyone will be satisfied with. She didn't say anything about the stickers either. Just that they were instructed to tell us that at this time they didn't know what they were going to do and that someone should contact us by Mon or Tues.

I basically got the same reply this morning!:confused:

pamperedlinda said:

That is just weird. I'm going to stick that on the unprofessional side because they should have just said from the beginning we are working on it and will get back to you. So many people have different answers and it just makes them look bad.

alatour said:
That is just weird. I'm going to stick that on the unprofessional side because they should have just said from the beginning we are working on it and will get back to you. So many people have different answers and it just makes them look bad.

Oh, I think they truely want to do the sticker thing, but the way they handled it was inappropriate and it made all of us mad. I still expect them to do a sticker solution - it would be cost prohibitive for them to reprint all the calendars and ship them out. I have a feeling that they will still have the sticker fix AND either offer a rebate on the price of the calendars, offer to return them with a full refund, or offer a discount on a future purchase. That's my projection.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I think they truely want to do the sticker thing, but the way they handled it was inappropriate and it made all of us mad. I still expect them to do a sticker solution - it would be cost prohibitive for them to reprint all the calendars and ship them out. I have a feeling that they will still have the sticker fix AND either offer a rebate on the price of the calendars, offer to return them with a full refund, or offer a discount on a future purchase. That's my projection.

LOL...I've got it!!! They are gonna give us a 5.00 credit on our next order of 75.00 or more....:rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
LOL...I've got it!!! They are gonna give us a 5.00 credit on our next order of 75.00 or more....:rolleyes:

Not redeemable with any other offer (like this month's free tote).

:rolleyes:

No... I'm not cynical about Merrill. (end sarcasm)

pamperedlinda said:
but the way they handled it was inappropriate and it made all of us mad.

This will teach them not to make PC consultants mad! :D

I called them back this morning since they didn't call me back :grumpy:...they took my information and basically said the same thing...call you "early next week."

chefann said:
Not redeemable with any other offer (like this month's free tote).

:rolleyes:

No... I'm not cynical about Merrill. (end sarcasm)

I actually liked the other Tote they were giving, but of course I didn't order soon enough & they were out....:cry:

pamperedlinda said:

I don’t understand why Merrill is talking to Pampered Chef corporate about this issue. It’s not corporate’s problem -- they are not the customer.
I did not buy any calendars (and am very glad I did not). I feel bad for all of you who purchased these. I would not accept the “sticker solution” because it is less than professional. On the other hand, I hate to see all those calendars wasted. What a mess!

better go check mine too!

I just FINALLY read this whole thread, since I didn't purchase any calendars. I did think about it but not anymore!Yes, it isn't the WORSE thing that happened, but given the nice photos and recipes, I think a sticker is pretty cheap. Yes it will cost them, but there should be the chance to return the product.Good luck guys!

Oh, to mail a calendar for those wondering, take a medium-sized box, or postal flat rate box...do not fold it up and tape the bottom...leave it flat and slide the calendar in and tape around the ends and slap your label on. Safest way to mail a calendar without it getting bent.

janetupnorth said:
Oh, to mail a calendar for those wondering, take a medium-sized box, or postal flat rate box...do not fold it up and tape the bottom...leave it flat and slide the calendar in and tape around the ends and slap your label on. Safest way to mail a calendar without it getting bent.

You are so smart Janet! I never thought about using a box that way! What would we do without you? :)

Just be aware that using a Flat Rate box will result in a $9.80 postage charge. If it's in a flat rate box, it's charged the full flat rate, no matter what the weight.

chefann said:
Just be aware that using a Flat Rate box will result in a $9.80 postage charge. If it's in a flat rate box, it's charged the full flat rate, no matter what the weight.

True, I was trying to demonstrate the size of the box...you could actually use a flat rate box, then wrap around it in kraft paper. :)

Hi, I ordered these calendars last Thursday, plus a few other things from Merrill. The other items showed up yesterday, but not the calendars. The invoice shows the calendars are backordered. I guess it's safe to say they aren't shipping out any more bad ones, now that they know. That makes sense.

The Merrill website states

Products and Returns
Due to modifications made throughout the year, product set up, availability and pricing are subject to change without notification. Merrill, however, will always provide the most current materials.

Upon receipt of your order, please check it carefully for accuracy. Merchandise may not be returned without prior authorization from the Merrill's Customer Service for The Pampered Chef® account. All returned goods requests must be made within 30 days of the shipping date unless other arrangements are made with Customer Service. Imprinted items are non-returnable. There is a 15% restocking fee on returned standard products.

It is rather vague about "accuracy" and what can be done if it isn't accurate...I have 2 other jobs and would not be putting stickers on 50 calendars. And I certainly would not pay the 15% restocking fee, but I doubt Merrill would even suggest that. I have returned one thing before. Similar to Pampered Chef, I caught it right away when I opened the package and they sent a replacement free of charge right away. If I'd waited 6 months it would be a different story.

Everyone makes mistakes! I actually think it's funny it wasn't noticed before Sept. If I hadn't read it here, I would have noticed it in October 2009 at the earliest. I can see Merrill working with Pampered Chef if PC is one of their bigger customers.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I wondered at the hold-up of the calendars.

ShellBeach said:
Hi, I ordered these calendars last Thursday, plus a few other things from Merrill. The other items showed up yesterday, but not the calendars. The invoice shows the calendars are backordered. I guess it's safe to say they aren't shipping out any more bad ones, now that they know. That makes sense.

The Merrill website states

It is rather vague about "accuracy" and what can be done if it isn't accurate...I have 2 other jobs and would not be putting stickers on 50 calendars. And I certainly would not pay the 15% restocking fee, but I doubt Merrill would even suggest that. I have returned one thing before. Similar to Pampered Chef, I caught it right away when I opened the package and they sent a replacement free of charge right away. If I'd waited 6 months it would be a different story.

Everyone makes mistakes! I actually think it's funny it wasn't noticed before Sept. If I hadn't read it here, I would have noticed it in October 2009 at the earliest. I can see Merrill working with Pampered Chef if PC is one of their bigger customers.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I wondered at the hold-up of the calendars.

I assume they have that statement in there about accuracy because of the amount of personalized product they do. So, if something on a business card or stamp, etc...is incorrect, they leave the solution as vague - in case it was an error on the part of the consultant.

I don't think that statement should or does apply to their own glaring mistake with the calendars!

chefjeanine said:
I don’t understand why Merrill is talking to Pampered Chef corporate about this issue. It’s not corporate’s problem -- they are not the customer.
I did not buy any calendars (and am very glad I did not). I feel bad for all of you who purchased these. I would not accept the “sticker solution” because it is less than professional. On the other hand, I hate to see all those calendars wasted. What a mess!

I'm glad corporate is involved...I'm sure they know we don't like the sticker fix and I don't think that PC HO will like the "appearance" of something "fixed" with a sticker. When we hand these out to our hosts/customers, it will look like it was cheaply made and we all know PC does not have the reputation. In the end, this calendar represents PC to the general public....not Merrill so I'm sure HO is gonna want the best result for us and our customers!
I ordered some but it is when they were "sold out" so I don't know if that really means they found out about the problem and quit selling or if they really were in fact "sold out" so mine are on the October backorder. I'm anxious to know what I'm getting!

I just e-mailed them to request my "repair kits". (Today was the first chance I had to dig out the invoice from NC and of course they weren't open today when I called.) I did mention that a merchandise credit to compensate me for the time and trouble would be greatly appreciated. I bet nothing comes of that!

Mine are wrong too!* I haven't read all the pages of this thread, but I plan on calling and insisting on replacement calendars.* Maybe PC should think again about Merril being the only choice we have.If they don't accomodate us, I plan to let HO know we are dealing with a sub-standard supplier and how unhappy I am!* It makes PC look2nd or 3rd class.Oh, and I too,Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

US Consultants get A LOT more choices from Merrill than CDN Consultants do! I wish we had as much for choices (IF they didn't spell PC WRONG!)

The only acceptable solution to me is for them to pay for me to ship the wrong crap back and/or refund my money, or, within a resonable amount of time (say 60 days) send me the corrected calendar.
This is totally unacceptable. I mean, honestly (and I am holding back), what kind of IDIOT did it take to make this mistake??? At this point, folks, keep in mind that it has cost Merrill nothing - but has cost each of us that bought the product and paid their shippng prices for it.
We should call them daily until we get the response that we want. If that doesn't work, contact your credit card company (if you used credit/debit) and let them know. When Merrill starts getting charge-backs, they will be a lot quicker about the response.
Also - I agree with whomever above said this - 'they are working with HO'???? HO didn't pay for the crap, I did!

<h2>1. What is the quality of the calendars from Merrill?</h2><p>The calendars from Merrill are of high quality and are designed to last throughout the year.</p><h2>2. Can I customize the calendars with my own business cards?</h2><p>Yes, the calendars from Merrill are designed to easily attach business cards for personalization.</p><h2>3. Are there any printing errors with the calendars?</h2><p>Unfortunately, there may be printing errors on some of the calendars. If you encounter any issues, please contact Merrill for assistance.</p><h2>4. How can I use the calendars for keeping track of important dates?</h2><p>The calendars from Merrill are perfect for keeping track of birthdays and anniversaries. You can easily write them down on the designated dates for easy reference.</p><h2>5. What should I do if there are issues with the holes on the calendars?</h2><p>If you notice any issues with the holes on the calendars, please contact Merrill for assistance. They will be able to provide a solution for you.</p>

Related to Calendars, Merrill..... Urgh!!!!

1. What is the quality of the calendars from Merrill?

The calendars from Merrill are of high quality and are designed to last throughout the year.

2. Can I customize the calendars with my own business cards?

Yes, the calendars from Merrill are designed to easily attach business cards for personalization.

3. Are there any printing errors with the calendars?

Unfortunately, there may be printing errors on some of the calendars. If you encounter any issues, please contact Merrill for assistance.

4. How can I use the calendars for keeping track of important dates?

The calendars from Merrill are perfect for keeping track of birthdays and anniversaries. You can easily write them down on the designated dates for easy reference.

5. What should I do if there are issues with the holes on the calendars?

If you notice any issues with the holes on the calendars, please contact Merrill for assistance. They will be able to provide a solution for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
melatc
  • Kitchen2u
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
  • kam