• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calendars, Merrill..... Urgh!!!!

In summary, Carol received a call from her mother who had attached 100 calendars from Merrill to her living room. Carol found that there were two November 3rds on the calendars. Carol called Merrill, and Karen told her that a sticker sheet would be sent to her to fix the errors. Carol is disappointed that Merrill does not have a proofreader.
Wow! Glad I checked this thread - fixing mine now! HOLY COW! I just sold 10 of mine to one of my downline (didn't need all 25), gonna have to tell her, too! :O

Mine are messed up too (bought at conf.) I guess I'll call tomorrow. This is unacceptable!

Wow, I can't believe this! I will have to notify people in my cluster. I haven't gotten any yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't had the issue, but after seeing their lack of customer service, and level of disregard for the people who are their customers - it doesn't surprise me in the least.

I try to be positive, but I have a hard time finding anything positive about Merrill.
Ditto! I do like my yoga pants, though. Just don't put them in the dryer.

Just checked mine (bought at Conf.) All the ones I haven't yet given away are wrong....wonderful....:(

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Just checked mine (bought at Conf.) All the ones I haven't yet given away are wrong....wonderful....:(
Hi Kathy! Are you actually sick? Sorry if you are.

Hi Jill! Yes, I have a horrible throat infection (doctor said it looked as if I swallowed razor blades :() and have been out for a couple of days. My fever is gone tonight so am starting to feel a lot better. Now I have to play catch up on everything I am behind on....which is everything in my life....so I'm doing some laundry while checking out what I've missed on CS! :D

Hey everyone be sure to post the replys you get from Merrill on this! Let's be sure we all get the same fix or at least the same story.

Geeze, I just can't believe it!

I suppose I could tell everyone I give one to that I requested two November 3rds because it's my birthday. LOL!Seriously, They need to make this right, and stickers won't cut it. I had a calendar once that had 31 days in June. I really could have used the extra day that year, but no such luck. It overlapped the July 1 on the next page.

This is the first time I have seen this thread. Holy beep beep thats a big mistake! I ordered min two weeks ago. If they arrive with stickers they are going back for sure. There is no way!!
I sent an email to my director so she could get the word out! WOW is all I got...

What kind of stickers? Is everyone going to get sheets w/ the number 4 on them? That is insane...

I HOPE PC gets it...Merrill STINKS! Not only do you guys who ordered calendars have to call Merrill, but you also need to call HO and COMPLAIN!

chefsteph07 said:
What kind of stickers? Is everyone going to get sheets w/ the number 4 on them? That is insane...

I HOPE PC gets it...Merrill STINKS! Not only do you guys who ordered calendars have to call Merrill, but you also need to call HO and COMPLAIN!

they would be #2 stickers if they did it. I should be getting a call today to find out what they're doing about it.

PampMomof3 said:
they would be #2 stickers if they did it. I should be getting a call today to find out what they're doing about it.

A lot of us should be getting a call today. I bet it'll be a mass email instead and possibly from PC. I can't imagine them calling each of us back.

PampMomof3 said:

Oh, ok, sorry, #2 stickers then...

I can't imagine w/ PC must be thinking right now...

I really hope they get rid of this company. I was done w/ them after conference and on day 2 when I went to go shopping and there were nothing but empty tables. I was DONE. I really want the pink HWC Making Strides sweatshirt, but I just dont want to order it from them.

raebates said:
I suppose I could tell everyone I give one to that I requested two November 3rds because it's my birthday. LOL!

Seriously, They need to make this right, and stickers won't cut it. I had a calendar once that had 31 days in June. I really could have used the extra day that year, but no such luck. It overlapped the July 1 on the next page.

First - That's funny about telling people you requested 2 b'days. :D

Second - somehow, having 31 days in June, as long as the rest of the year is still correct, isn't as bad. All someone would need to do is laugh about it and cross off that extra day. With this error, it would be far too easy for someone to plan something on that Monday, thinking it's really the 3rd.

My suggested solution. Let us keep and do what we want with the calendars we have, send us stickers for those AND new corrected calendars.

What I predict they will do: Stickers and a merchandise credit for 50% of the cost.

BethCooks4U said:
My suggested solution. Let us keep and do what we want with the calendars we have, send us stickers for those AND new corrected calendars.

What I predict they will do: Stickers and a merchandise credit for 50% of the cost.

I agree with you Beth. They probably sold way too many calendars than they are willing to eat the replacement cost on. I'm expecting stickers and a credit on a future purchase.

I told the lady at Merrill i already mailed a dozen (which didn't fit in any envelope) so i had to "wrap" them in brown craft paper can't remember exactly the cost it was around $2 and now I have to spend another .42 to correct their mistake.

BethCooks4U said:

I like the way you think. That way we don't have to find boxes for them and ship them out and wait and wait for new correct ones.

Here's my little Merrill story. Ordered a decal for my car. Seemed to take forever, so I emailed them to see where it was. The lady emailed me back to say that she had resent one. In the meantime, I got the original. So, I emailed her to say that I would return the other when it came. She told me to keep it for the trouble!! I thought that was nice of her! :) Guess it's a happy ending story, and I sure hope you guys get your calendars fixed! That really sucks........:(

PChefPEI said:
Here's my little Merrill story. Ordered a decal for my car. Seemed to take forever, so I emailed them to see where it was. The lady emailed me back to say that she had resent one. In the meantime, I got the original. So, I emailed her to say that I would return the other when it came. She told me to keep it for the trouble!! I thought that was nice of her! :) Guess it's a happy ending story, and I sure hope you guys get your calendars fixed! That really sucks........:(

I have always had good luck with Merrill on returns and often they say just keep the defective thing. I got a toiletry bag at conference and one of the zippers broke in a very short time. They did want that back but they sent a call ticket and I actually got the replacement one before the call ticket.

linojackie said:
CREDIT! Brilliant Idea! But I split them with a clustermate, so I don't know if I'll be able to do that. If they send replacements, will we just keep these? And if we do, do we send them out anyway? If the sticker goes over just the 3 that should be a 2, it might not be so bad. However, I still want some kind of compensation for them!

Okay, here's a funny thought...IMHO....you could send the wrong ones to your roaches hostesses!! LOL

Sorry.....couldn't resist...... :p

Anyone receive a definite fix yet?

they just called me and said in 3 -4 weeks a new sticker would be mailed with a sheet of personalized for "special day" stickers.... NOT IMPRESSED sorry but they sound tacky, and I think either new calendars should be sent or a discount/refund

I just got a call back also and the rep said that they will be mailing out stickers in 3/4 weeks and special day stickers. I really don't think that is a great fix but I guess we have no choice.:(

I got the same answer. And funny thing. Checked on my shirt return that last Monday I was told was shipping "tomorrow" and yesterday was told was shipping "tomorrow." Today I was told it is shipping "tomorrow!" I asked if there was some way to guarantee that since I have been told "tomorrow" three times. They are going to call me back apparently. I am VERY frustrated!

chefannie said:
I just got a call back also and the rep said that they will be mailing out stickers in 3/4 weeks and special day stickers. I really don't think that is a great fix but I guess we have no choice.:(

I have a choice...I'm sending them back. Believe me, it will be at their cost too. I haven't received my call back...but it's not going to be pretty. 3-4 weeks...that's TERRIBLE! I can't believe how unprofessional of a solution. One more reason I won't be buying from Merrill anymore.

Does anyone else miss Nancy's Artworks and AIM?

alatour said:
Does anyone else miss Nancy's Artworks and AIM?
Sure do!Question- do we have to call them to get the stickers, or will they be sending them automatically? I hate dealing with their cust. svc. dept. and would rather not call if I don't have to (although I HATE the sticker solution and would rather they send replacements, so I should probably call them anyway).

alatour said:
does Anyone Else Miss Nancy's Artworks And Aim?

Absolutely Yesssssssssss ! ! !

So let me make sure I understand this correctly...they expect us to keep these calendars with their little "sticker fix" and they are not going to give us anything for the inconvenience? If that's the case, I will not purchase anything from them again and I will have a very heated conversation with the highest person I can get a hold of at Merrill.

You had called me yesterday and this is the solution that we have come up with for the calendars.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be sending a mailing to all Consultants who have ordered the calendars that includes a #2 sticker to fix this error on the calendar. To apologize for our error, for each calendar ordered, we are also sending a fun, full color sheet of event stickers to personalize your calendar. These stickers cover all the major events throughout the year and will brighten up your calendar. As you hand out calendars in the coming months, include the sticker sheet to excite your hosts and customers. For those of you that have already handed out calendars, this is an excellent opportunity to follow up with your customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We strive for quality at Merrill Corporation and are putting processes in place to avoid potential errors, like this one, in the future. We appreciate your business and support!

linojackie said:
So let me make sure I understand this correctly...they expect us to keep these calendars with their little "sticker fix" and they are not going to give us anything for the inconvenience? If that's the case, I will not purchase anything from them again and I will have a very heated conversation with the highest person I can get a hold of at Merrill.

I just spoke with someone at Merrill and told them that they should at least give us a gift certificate for a future purchase and that 3-4 weeks was outrageous. She said she thought my ideas were reasonable and would pass them on.

ALSO: If you purchased your calendars at National Conference you need to CALL THEM and tell them your invoice number so that you can at least get the stickers.

I haven't heard from them yet. I was expecting them to remedy this situation with a sticker, but I also thought that they would offer a discount on future purchases as a goodwill gesture and apology - I'm kind of appalled that that they aren't. I was getting ready to purchase some shirts from them too - glad I didn't do it yet. I don't really care for their selections all that much, but I really wan't some more logo wear. They really have us in a bad situation with this company being our only choice.

PampMomof3 said:
You had called me yesterday and this is the solution that we have come up with for the calendars.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be sending a mailing to all Consultants who have ordered the calendars that includes a #2 sticker to fix this error on the calendar. To apologize for our error, for each calendar ordered, we are also sending a fun, full color sheet of event stickers to personalize your calendar. These stickers cover all the major events throughout the year and will brighten up your calendar. As you hand out calendars in the coming months, include the sticker sheet to excite your hosts and customers. For those of you that have already handed out calendars, this is an excellent opportunity to follow up with your customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We strive for quality at Merrill Corporation and are putting processes in place to avoid potential errors, like this one, in the future. We appreciate your business and support!

ROFLMAO!!!!! I really don't know what to say......that really takes the cake!

PChefPEI said:
ROFLMAO!!!!! I really don't know what to say......that really takes the cake!

Yep. Kind of makes it sound like they are doing us a favor.

pamperedlinda said:
I haven't heard from them yet. I was expecting them to remedy this situation with a sticker, but I also thought that they would offer a discount on future purchases as a goodwill gesture and apology - I'm kind of appalled that that they aren't. I was getting ready to purchase some shirts from them too - glad I didn't do it yet. I don't really care for their selections all that much, but I really wan't some more logo wear. They really have us in a bad situation with this company being our only choice.

Maybe the best way to get a shirt would be to check out the Marketplace on here to see if anyone is trying to get rid of one!!

Someone just called me & told me the girl yesterday gave me the wrong information & that they were not given any instructions on what to do. She told me they would not be sending out replacements b/c that would be wasting to many trees. She said I would get special stickers. I told her the girl said if you got the stickers there would be a discount on the amount we paid for the calendars & she said no that was not correct. She said the calendars were very nice & didn't see the problem with putting a sticker on the wrong number. I told her that diminished the quality of the calendar & of PC. She said she didn't agree with me. I told her that I wanted to return them & she didn't say I couldn't but she did want me to wait & see the stickers. I told her that was embarrasing to ask my customer to put a sticker on the mistake. She said there are always errors in printing & that it is only 1 day. WHATEVER! I also told her that those were to expensive for me to be fixing them with a sticker & she said there only $1.09 each. Plus they have great pictures & wonderful recipes. OK, WHATEVER! Sorry but mine were $1.49 each b/c I got the 25pk. I'm amazed!

chefann said:
Sure do!

Question- do we have to call them to get the stickers, or will they be sending them automatically? I hate dealing with their cust. svc. dept. and would rather not call if I don't have to (although I HATE the sticker solution and would rather they send replacements, so I should probably call them anyway).

I think you have to call them because they asked for my address and everything.

linojackie said:

Yes because they look at the sticker fix as a way to contact the people you have already sent them to as customer care calls. That's what I was told!

kaseydee said:
Someone just called me & told me the girl yesterday gave me the wrong information & that they were not given any instructions on what to do. She told me they would not be sending out replacements b/c that would be wasting to many trees. She said I would get special stickers. I told her the girl said if you got the stickers there would be a discount on the amount we paid for the calendars & she said no that was not correct. She said the calendars were very nice & didn't see the problem with putting a sticker on the wrong number. I told her that diminished the quality of the calendar & of PC. She said she didn't agree with me. I told her that I wanted to return them & she didn't say I couldn't but she did want me to wait & see the stickers. I told her that was embarrasing to ask my customer to put a sticker on the mistake. She said there are always errors in printing & that it is only 1 day. WHATEVER! I also told her that those were to expensive for me to be fixing them with a sticker & she said there only $1.09 each. Plus they have great pictures & wonderful recipes. OK, WHATEVER! Sorry but mine were $1.49 each b/c I got the 25pk. I'm amazed!

Sounds to me like the person you talked to could care less about us or her company.

alatour said:
Yes because they look at the sticker fix as a way to contact the people you have already sent them to as customer care calls. That's what I was told!

LMAO! I feel sorry for the people at Merrill who have to explain this to us. They weren't the ones who made the mistake, but they get the dirty work of dealing with us.

I know we are all upset about this, but please remember when you talk to the service reps at Merrill that they are only the messenger and not the decision maker.

Right about now, I'm really happy they sold out before I could get them at conference! ughhh!!!! I had really wanted these, dang, what a dissappointment!:grumpy::(

IS ANYONE CALLING PC ON THIS??

They (Merrill) know they have our balls (excuse the language) because they are the only ones PC deals with!!!!
Do they (Merrill) really believe that if we had ANOTHER option that we wouldn't take it???
I will NOT buy from Merrill again...and I didn't even get the opportunity to order the catalogs at conference...oh yeah, cuz the were SOLD OUT!
What a piss poor company, I really expect something better from a co. dealing w/ PC.

EVERYONE WHO HAS CALLED MERRILL ON THIS NEEDS TO GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL PAMPERED CHEF IMMEDIATELY

chefsteph07 said:
IS ANYONE CALLING PC ON THIS??

They (Merrill) know they have our balls (excuse the language) because they are the only ones PC deals with!!!!
Do they (Merrill) really believe that if we had ANOTHER option that we wouldn't take it???
I will NOT buy from Merrill again...and I didn't even get the opportunity to order the catalogs at conference...oh yeah, cuz the were SOLD OUT!
What a piss poor company, I really expect something better from a co. dealing w/ PC.

EVERYONE WHO HAS CALLED MERRILL ON THIS NEEDS TO GET ON THE PHONE AND CALL PAMPERED CHEF IMMEDIATELY

Yes, I was wondering if PC knows how upset everyone is about this and if they know how Merrill is handling the situation.

I wonder if the orders that are placed between now and Oct 15th will be fixed?

I am amazed that a company as great & responsive to our needs as PC is, continues to only give us the ONE option of MERRILL.

I am also amazed of the stories of Merrill selling out of things at Conference - were they SURPRISED to see PC Consultants at a PC Conference????

I am also amazed of the stories of Merrill selling out of things at Conference - were they SURPRISED to see PC Consultants at a PC Conference????[/QUOTE]

That made me totally laugh! No kidding, they were so shocked by all the consultants coming they weren't prepared!
Ya know, I didn't get anything from them this year, but I"m still hot over what happened last year with the whole debit card debacle. And now this year they didnt even take them because of it, well, if they would be able to process their cards before 2 months after conference maybe they wouldn't have the problem they have. It is true that someone else posted that Merrill does other DS companies, I know for a fact they do Tastefully Simples logo stuff, if Merrill is so bogged down with these other companies, maybe they shouldn't be accepting more!

I think we should step back and breathe a little here. Merrill has it's issues, I am quick to admit, but at least in my experience they have resolved all issues with my orders in a timely manner to my satisfaction (except the fact that they are too pricey). I also agree that we definitely need to have more than one vendor and have never understood the logic of just using one.

As far as the calendars are concerned They are beautiful. Each month has great pictures and a recipe. Our customers (or our team - my team won't buy them so I'm thinking of giving them as Christmas gifts) will love them.

The people who printed them made a mistake. They're human. Give them a break. I agree that a sticker doesn't sound like a professional solution but these calendars will bring us business - make sure you put your name on them - their friends will see them and want to know where they got them and that will start the PC conversation. (and they did cost us less than $2 each)

I plan to put the sticker and the "cute" stickers with the calendar and add a note saying to put it over the first 3rd of November and a comment like: "I guess our printers aren't perfect either. Thanks for letting me pamper you."

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
I

ALSO: If you purchased your calendars at National Conference you need to CALL THEM and tell them your invoice number so that you can at least get the stickers.

Was wondering what to do if I purchased them at conf. Not sure they would follow up those sales by automatically sending the stickers" : (

I know that I have bought a lot less logo items and supplies from Merrill because it is not in my budget. I like the more professional looking business cards, but right now I am still using my Nancy's Artworks ones until I completely run out! A lot of their items are not in my budget and even their sales aren't that great to me. Just my opinion. I love my PC business but it is part time with a part time income!

straitfan said:
Was wondering what to do if I purchased them at conf. Not sure they would follow up those sales by automatically sending the stickers" : (

I got off the phone a few minutes ago, and the rep said that they needed the consultant numbers/addresses of consultants who purchased them at Conference so they could check order history for them. She also didn't mention stickers. She (obviously) read a prepared statement that, "We are working with the company to come up with a solution."

<h2>1. What is the quality of the calendars from Merrill?</h2><p>The calendars from Merrill are of high quality and are designed to last throughout the year.</p><h2>2. Can I customize the calendars with my own business cards?</h2><p>Yes, the calendars from Merrill are designed to easily attach business cards for personalization.</p><h2>3. Are there any printing errors with the calendars?</h2><p>Unfortunately, there may be printing errors on some of the calendars. If you encounter any issues, please contact Merrill for assistance.</p><h2>4. How can I use the calendars for keeping track of important dates?</h2><p>The calendars from Merrill are perfect for keeping track of birthdays and anniversaries. You can easily write them down on the designated dates for easy reference.</p><h2>5. What should I do if there are issues with the holes on the calendars?</h2><p>If you notice any issues with the holes on the calendars, please contact Merrill for assistance. They will be able to provide a solution for you.</p>

Related to Calendars, Merrill..... Urgh!!!!

1. What is the quality of the calendars from Merrill?

The calendars from Merrill are of high quality and are designed to last throughout the year.

2. Can I customize the calendars with my own business cards?

Yes, the calendars from Merrill are designed to easily attach business cards for personalization.

3. Are there any printing errors with the calendars?

Unfortunately, there may be printing errors on some of the calendars. If you encounter any issues, please contact Merrill for assistance.

4. How can I use the calendars for keeping track of important dates?

The calendars from Merrill are perfect for keeping track of birthdays and anniversaries. You can easily write them down on the designated dates for easy reference.

5. What should I do if there are issues with the holes on the calendars?

If you notice any issues with the holes on the calendars, please contact Merrill for assistance. They will be able to provide a solution for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
melatc
  • Kitchen2u
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
  • kam