• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Burnt Small Bar Pan--Suggestions

In summary, a customer asked for suggestions on how to remove melted goo from their bar pan. A few solutions were suggested, including using a baking soda paste, pouring boiling water over the gunk, and repeating the process. It was also advised not to use the oven's automatic cleaning feature as it could ruin the stone. Heating the pan and scrubbing it with elbow power was found to be effective.
naekelsey
Gold Member
Here is an email I just recv'd from a customer....Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the melted goo off??

"I was wondering if you could tell me about warranty on an item. I have a small bar pan that I believe is ruined (something melted on it and I cannot get the stuff off and it turned it really black)"

The thing that I've seen on here is to try a baking soda paste, scrubbed in, let it sit, then rinse/scrape it off....good luck!

I have always gotten everything off with the baking soda.

1. Warm it up.
2. Scrape off what you can.
3. Pour boiling water over the stuff.
4. Scrape again.Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the gunk is gone.

If all of the above don't work, call HO - 3 year warranty on stoneware.

Thanks guys. I will tell her. I was also thinking maybe, I didn't say this, putting the stone in the oven with the automatic cleaner on..

I am borrowing my mom's Large Bar Pan for a show tomorrow, since I don't have one. I went to her place to get it and she stores all of her stones in the oven - DIRTY! How terrible!!! The bar pan was all greasy and sticky so I just used baking soda and it seemed to work. I'll have to have a little chat with her about that!

naekelsey said:
Thanks guys. I will tell her. I was also thinking maybe, I didn't say this, putting the stone in the oven with the automatic cleaner on..

Ooh -- please dont do that -- it ruined a friend of mine's stone completely. I asked HO if they would replace it and they said no -- it's considered misuse.

naekelsey said:

The oven cleaner feature is really a super heat feature to burn off all of the gunk in your oven -- it's too hot for the stones to handle.

Thanks guys...Heating it up and then scrubbing with elbow power helped.

What are some tips for preventing the small bar pan from burning?

To prevent the small bar pan from burning, make sure to use the correct oven temperature and follow the recommended cooking time. You can also line the pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it to prevent sticking and burning.

How should I clean the burnt small bar pan?

To clean a burnt small bar pan, soak it in hot water and dish soap for at least 30 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive scrubber to gently remove the burnt bits. For tougher stains, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub the pan.

Can the burnt small bar pan be salvaged?

In most cases, the burnt small bar pan can be salvaged. You can try soaking it in a mixture of vinegar and baking soda or using a commercial oven cleaner. However, if the burns are too severe, it may be time to replace the pan.

What types of food are best to cook on the small bar pan?

The small bar pan is perfect for cooking small portions of food, such as brownies, cookies, and roasted vegetables. It is also great for reheating leftovers or making individual-sized meals. Avoid using it for dishes that require longer cooking times or lots of liquid, as these may increase the chances of burning.

Can I use the burnt small bar pan again?

If the pan is not severely damaged, you can continue to use it as long as you clean it properly and take precautions to prevent burning in the future. However, if the burns are too severe, it may be time to replace the pan for optimal cooking results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • KBPC09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • heidabear