• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brownie Pudding Cake: Substitute for Oval Baker?

In summary, you can use a regular cake pan as a substitute for the oval baker in the brownie pudding cake, but the oval baker may result in a better texture and presentation. A 9x13 inch oval baker is recommended for this recipe, but a smaller or larger one can be used with adjusted baking time. Gluten-free flour can also be used as a substitute for all-purpose flour, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is recommended to use a 1:1 ratio for best results. Different types of chocolate can be used in the brownie pudding cake, but the sweetness and flavor may vary. It is recommended to use the type of chocolate specified in the recipe. The brownie pudding cake can be made
gothim0802
So I am wanting to do the Brownie Pudding Cake out of the Delightful Desserts. But dont have the oval baker. Does anyone know the size it was. I do have all the other stones though. :p

I have it. It is small and holds 2 cups (or 2 1/2 cups to the top).

DessertDivaFL said:
I have it. It is small and holds 2 cups (or 2 1/2 cups to the top).

That's the Small Oval Baker.

The large one is similar in capacity to the Deep Dish Baker.

I actually have been using a lot of recipes with retired stones in the DCB. Follow this>the Mom's Apple Crisp went from the Deep Dish Baker to the Oval Baker to the DCB. So try the DCB. If I can make a recipe in the DCB, that's where the food is going!

I am already using that at my show. Do you think it will be fine in the deep dish baker?

BethCooks4U said:
That's the Small Oval Baker.

The large one is similar in capacity to the Deep Dish Baker.

That is right, Beth. I forgot about the larger one. Didn't think!

Related to Brownie Pudding Cake: Substitute for Oval Baker?

1. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of an oval baker for the brownie pudding cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan as a substitute for the oval baker. However, the oval baker is specifically designed for this recipe and may result in a better texture and presentation.

2. What size of oval baker is best for the brownie pudding cake?

A 9x13 inch oval baker is recommended for this recipe. If you do not have this size, you can use a smaller or larger one, but the baking time may need to be adjusted.

3. Can I use gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour in the brownie pudding cake?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is recommended to use a 1:1 ratio for best results.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate in the brownie pudding cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of chocolate, such as milk or dark chocolate, in the brownie pudding cake. However, the sweetness and flavor may vary. It is recommended to use the type of chocolate specified in the recipe for the best results.

5. Can I make the brownie pudding cake ahead of time and reheat it before serving?

Yes, you can make the brownie pudding cake ahead of time and reheat it before serving. It is recommended to cover the cake with foil and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes until warm. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • pamperedbecky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies