• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brother-In-Law Taken to Hospital

In summary, Lacy's step-dad had a bout of Bells Palsy and it is unknown what may have caused it. He is home and seems to be doing better, but his face is not moving correctly yet. Prayers are still being sent his way.
lacychef
So, I'm not one to ask for prayer concerns often....but if you can remember my brother in law today, that would be super! He was at my dh's work visiting with him, & dh said he started to collapse & couldn't move one side of his face & couldn't talk. My dh was scared it was a stroke. A co-worker rushed him to the hospital, & now he's got his movement back, but they're running tests to see what's wrong. I'm watching my niece, & waiting for my sis-in-law to call.....thanks in advance for thinking of him.

Lacy...even if it was a stroke, it sounds like he got to the hospital very quickly! I pray that he is OK...

Sending some prayers and hugs your way!

Praying for your family Lacy!

sending my thoughts your way and thinking of your family, I hope he is alright and sounds like they did the right thing and fast.

Thanks! You guys are too sweet. Thanks for that info Linda; hopefully we'll hear something soon. My 2 girls & my 2 nieces are using it as a fun excuse to play together.

Lots of prayers coming your way Lacey ~ BIL, SIL, niece, you and the rest of the family!

Any news yet?

Well, they ran some tests on him & sent him home. He's supposed to go back to do some more. Right now they think it was either a mini-stroke, or bells palsy. (good tip Linda!) When they came to pick up my nieces, he said his face was hurting, like someone had punched him, & it was kinda sagging. We'll see what the other tests show. Thanks for all the love:)

Glad he's home. Yep, that's how my step-dad feels when his bells palsy acts up, it lasts for a few days. Keep us posted.

Still sending prayers...keep us posted.

pamperedlinda said:
Glad he's home. Yep, that's how my step-dad feels when his bells palsy acts up, it lasts for a few days. Keep us posted.
So it can just come & go?

lacychef said:
So it can just come & go?
Yes, I don't know what triggers it though. I'll try and remember to ask my mom next time I talk to her.

Haven't been around for a couple of days, but now that I know I'll start praying for him.

He now has shingles on top of it!

Oh, no, Lacy! That is horrible! I will pray for him more!
Keep us posted...is his face moving OK now?

1. What happened to your brother-in-law?

Unfortunately, my brother-in-law had a medical emergency and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

2. Is he going to be okay?

Thankfully, the doctors are taking good care of him and we are hoping for a speedy recovery.

3. How can we help?

Thank you for your concern. Right now, the best way to help is by keeping him in your thoughts and sending positive vibes.

4. Can we send him something to make him feel better?

That is very kind of you. While he is in the hospital, he is unable to receive outside items. Your thoughts and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

5. Do you need any support or assistance during this time?

Thank you for your offer. My family and I are grateful for all the support we have received and are managing well. We will keep you updated on his progress.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies