• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing Baby to Work: Balancing Business and Parenthood for Canuck Challenges

F
friday
What do you think about bringing the baby along with me during these Canuck Challenge contacts? I am struggling with this. I would have said 'no' two years ago- citing the fact that I never took my kids with me to work- (I started PC with a 3 year old and a 1 year old) but now that I have a third (1 year old- the older boys are 12 and 10 now) and I am no longer content with just remaining active... I have to change my mind about all of that. What do YOU do. I know some of you have kids. Give me some tips.

hate to say it but when i get the chance next week to start mine i'll be taking my son with me
i struggle with the same thoughts of how professional it looks but its just something i gotta do if i want to get anywhere fast :)

good luck

friday said:
What do you think about bringing the baby along with me during these Canuck Challenge contacts? I am struggling with this. I would have said 'no' two years ago- citing the fact that I never took my kids with me to work- (I started PC with a 3 year old and a 1 year old) but now that I have a third (1 year old- the older boys are 12 and 10 now) and I am no longer content with just remaining active... I have to change my mind about all of that. What do YOU do. I know some of you have kids. Give me some tips.

Canuack Challenge contacts??????

Friday...not to hijack your thread but I just had to say that your new pic is great.

Ah yes, the Canadian Corner people are doing a Canuck Challenge. I don't know, maybe the other Canadians will kick me for this, but go to the Canadian Corner and look it up- its pretty cool.

chefheidi2003 said:
Friday...not to hijack your thread but I just had to say that your new pic is great.

Oh thanks!! That was from my youngest's 1st birthday last Thursday. I thought that someone here was BOUND to like the cover for the Slice N Serve in a photo. (It was pretty tough to clean all the chocolate out from inside it afterward FYI)

friday

Ya know what...I take my boy everywhere....its a recruiting seed...if they see that I can conduct my business with my kids in tow, then they may just think that they can too.

Heather is right, if I want to get anything done, I just grab him and go. I am going to 2 clothing stores today and Sam is coming a long for the ride..haha. I am not going to be there long, basically I am going to ask them if I can drop these catalogues off with them. Ask them if they have heard of PC as I plonk 2 cats on the counter and then proceed to tell them how popular it is, specially this time of year and how I want to make sure people are able to get some christmas shopping done early this year.

Then I will browse the store as they browse the cats...determine there is nothing there I need and then bugger off too the next store....

thats my plan!

I think I will get started...

TTFN

Way to go, Misty! I agree. If people see that you can make this business your own, meaning you can take your kids along with you, then all the better!

And, friday, it's okay to share our challenge! ;) We are one big happy family! :D

what's a canuck challenge?

I am not a Canuck...but....

I "Pampered" two businesses this Tuesday (with 2.5 yr old in tow) and will be returning on Friday to pick up my plates and (hopefully) orders with him too! I say go for it!

friday said:
Ah yes, the Canadian Corner people are doing a Canuck Challenge. I don't know, maybe the other Canadians will kick me for this, but go to the Canadian Corner and look it up- its pretty cool.
now why would we do that?
besides my legs aren't that long lol:D

Ok, as weird as this is, I just scheduled a Pampered Baby Shower. Its for November so it doesnt count toward my todays goal of 4 new shows in October, but it is pretty cool. I am off to Theme Shows to find some ideas.

awesome idea....I have been thinking about hitting this market. I have ordered some more cats and what I am going to do is ear mark or put a sticky on each page where there is something "mommy tested"...chopper, wedger, stoneware, dec bottle, silcone baker, anything kiddie, corer, egg slicers, core and more, ice crema dipper, cutters, ice cream sandwhich maker....etc etc

and then dist these catalogue to mommys, early years centres, etc etc

have fun with your show!

I used the quikstir for mixing large batches of formula. The MAC and the mini whipper for single bottle mixing. I use the prep bowls for baby cereal- it has the measurements on it so measure, mix in the bowl and serve out of the bowl. I can also take baby food to church in them for potlucks. I use the 29 minute cookbook because with 3 kids I don't have time for anything more. All moms should have a quikkut paring knife for those impossible to open packages that kids toys, clothes and paraphanalia comes in. All moms should have a small micro cooker to cook single serving soups- eat out of the pot. Otherwise some moms with babies would never get around to eating at all.
Thats all I can think of for now. Use em if you can ladies- Good luch on your scavanger hunt!!

Related to Bringing Baby to Work: Balancing Business and Parenthood for Canuck Challenges

What do you think about bringing the baby along with me during these Canuck Challenge contacts?

Bringing a baby to work can be a challenging decision. It ultimately depends on your personal and professional situation. Consider the needs of your baby, the requirements of your job, and the policies of your workplace. It may also be helpful to discuss this with your employer and colleagues to determine the best course of action.

I am struggling with this.

It is completely understandable to struggle with this decision. Parenthood and work can be difficult to balance, especially when considering bringing a baby to work. It may be helpful to talk to other parents who have brought their baby to work, and to seek advice from your employer and colleagues. Remember to prioritize your own well-being and the well-being of your baby.

I would have said 'no' two years ago- citing the fact that I never took my kids with me to work- (I started PC with a 3 year old and a 1 year old) but now that I have a third (1 year old- the older boys are 12 and 10 now) and I am no longer content with just remaining active... I have to change my mind about all of that.

It is important to reassess and adapt to changes in your personal and professional life. As your family grows and your career evolves, your priorities and needs may also shift. It is okay to change your mind and make adjustments to your work-life balance. Consider the benefits and challenges of bringing your baby to work, and make a decision that is best for you and your family.

What do YOU do.

I cannot provide personal advice, as every individual's situation is unique. However, as a scientist, I would recommend thoroughly evaluating the pros and cons of bringing your baby to work and discussing it with your employer and colleagues. It may also be helpful to seek support from other working parents and to prioritize self-care in order to effectively manage both parenthood and work.

Give me some tips.

Some tips for bringing a baby to work include: communicating openly with your employer and colleagues, creating a designated space for the baby, establishing a flexible schedule, and setting realistic expectations for yourself. It is also important to prioritize your own well-being and to seek support from other working parents. Remember to be patient and understanding with yourself as you navigate this new experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonserna
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Kelly8