• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business

It's important to prioritize and do what's best for you and your loved ones. It's great that you have already informed your recruiter and director about your decision to leave PC after September. You will definitely be missed, but it's important to take care of yourself first.In summary, the speaker is starting school next week and has a busy schedule with work, family, and being a Pampered Chef consultant. They have decided to leave PC after September due to not being able to handle everything. However, they are sad to leave and have some shows lined up for September before they go. Others in the conversation offer suggestions for how they could continue PC
Chef_2_Four
I am starting school next week. I am taking 3 classes, work a FT besides PC, have 2 kids and hubby. I let my recruiter and director know that after Sept I am done with PC. I so don't want to but know that there is no way i can do PC with everything else going on. I am going to miss doing shows and I have finally gotten outside of my circle of friends and getting bookings at my shows. I know that I can "reactivate" before a year, but I'm just sad to see an end in my PC business. It hasn't been the best but I have made friends and the money is good too! Not sure who will read this but I just needed to say that! I am going out with a bang though...I have 5 shows booked for Sept and may have 1 or 2 more catalog shows to go with that. :D

Do you really have to completely quit? Can't you just reduce down to hobbyist and do 1 show a month or every 2 month just to stay active? That way when and if you are ready to boost your biz at a later date you aren't completely cut-off and you won't loose your career sales.

Oh that's disappointing! But only you know what you can manage to do in a day.I hope you'll stay here and still chat with us at least once in a while!

April~

I hope all goes well for you. You know what would be best for you and your family...if you can keep PC active through catty shows and such, try to! But I understand being spread too thin. Do what you need to! You will certainly be missed on here! Hope you still pop in!

I hate it when someone has to give up the business... even for a little bit. But that is one of the best parts of this business... you can stop and start anytime you want, depending on your personal situation!

However, I aplaud you realizing that in your situation, you aren't able to do the "super-mom" thing and do everything. Too many people (myself included) have a hard time saying No to things (especially the fun stuff like PC) and try to do/have it all and end up driving everyone crazy and not really have much of anything!

I hope you at least stick around here... you can come by to get your daily PC/CS fix and then get back to real life!!!

That's too bad, April, but I'm sure that you and your dh have talked and figured out what is best for your family. I hope that one day soon you can put your apron back on ....

April! DON'T GO!!!

Oh my gosh! You have a STRONG business and many would kill to have your schedule. What FT job do you have right now? Is there any way you could figure out how many shows you would need to do to equal the income you are making with your FT job? You sound like you are totally in love with Pampered Chef and you didn't say anything negative about it at all. Have you thought about how you would handle future bookings that you will most likely get after you hold your 5 September shows? The Fall is awesome and business will continue to grow! Please rethink your decision and try to figure a way you could either just cut back and maybe even do a show every other month or work PC instead of your regular FT job! Let us know what you decide!

Oh April, that makes me sad.

I am with Linda; is there any way to do just one or two shows a month or one every other month?

When I first started Pampered Chef, I had another career and worked 50+ hours. I had three kids with the youngest being four months old at that time.

I was definitely a hobbyist. As a matter of fact, there were three months where I did not submit anything. I got the "you are about to go inactive" letters. However, I never let myself go inactive.

I hope you may find a way to keep going a little. I think you are such a sweet person and deserve huge success.

Lisa

Have you thought of doing one mega show each month? Get 5-8 hosts to come to one place and do one show and keep your business going! You could even do all your host coaching calls in a 1-2 hour time period each month.

April, I wish you all the best.I'd love to see you stay as a hobbyist, but I also understand if you need to step completely away. (Some of us just aren't people who can dabble. We're all or nothing types.)You'll always be welcome here if you need a quick PC fix. ;)

April, I know exactly what you are going through. Well minus the kids and hubby, but I I am goingt back to school, and made the same decision that PC is the one thing that needs to go to allow for time. (and sanity!) I don't want to discourage you at all about staying with PC, but I want to let you know my thoughts on it, you aren't alone!So, here we go... I feel like I need to do a 100% job if I am going to do it...I feel like I would owe it to my customers (newsletters and the whole nine yards) ....I don't feel like I'd do a good enough job just doing one or two shows every month-2 months....I feel like I would get out of the groove, but still have to maintain all of the supplies, and make sure host packets are out, and blah blah...I feel like even doing it PT is a FT headache. Just my .02...some people probably don't agree. But good luck in whatever you do. And for me, just because I leave now doesn't mean I'd never do it again, who knows....maybe I'll be a SAHM for awhile and this would be my outlet! Again, good luck :)

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of the nice things you had to say. I have thought about being a hobbyist, but I think it would be harder to have a show every other month than have several every month. Yes, some of my supplies would last longer but it may be more expensive in some ways to do that.

I can't quit my FT job to do PC because I have the insurance. I work for the school system and it is really good insurance.

I have seriously thought about having shows this summer, because it would be within my year so I wouldn't have to buy the kit again. I am going to keep some of my supplies in case someone comes up and says they want to do a catalog show. Especially for Christmas or something like that.

My hubby and I agreed that this would be a PT thing when I started but my business has been growing more and I have been gone from the house more than he wants me to be, and I want to be.

I will still check in here from time to time!! Well depending on how much homework I have!! Sometimes I think I'm crazy for going back to school!!

Chef_2_Four said:
I can't quit my FT job to do PC because I have the insurance. I work for the school system and it is really good insurance.

We can now get insurance through PC. That's how I have mine... might be worth checking into if you're really wanting to go FT with PC.

I used to pay my insurance on my own and it was $500 a month out of pocket! I'm saving so much by going through PC!!!!

PS: And I have my IRA through PC as well... LOVE IT!

Chef_2_Four said:
Thanks ladies! I appreciate all of the nice things you had to say. I have thought about being a hobbyist, but I think it would be harder to have a show every other month than have several every month. Yes, some of my supplies would last longer but it may be more expensive in some ways to do that.

I have seriously thought about having shows this summer, because it would be within my year so I wouldn't have to buy the kit again. I am going to keep some of my supplies in case someone comes up and says they want to do a catalog show. Especially for Christmas or something like that.

My hubby and I agreed that this would be a PT thing when I started but my business has been growing more and I have been gone from the house more than he wants me to be, and I want to be.

I will still check in here from time to time!! Well depending on how much homework I have!! Sometimes I think I'm crazy for going back to school!!

No one is every crazy for going back to school! I am so happy you are doing that because it will help you reach one of your professional dreams!

Lisa

April--Wish you the best in whatever you do. Sometimes we have to make decisions that are not always easy to make, but remember the Lord will help you in whatever you decide. Good luck in school and hope the best in all that you do. Take care and hope to see you around once in a while. :)

We will miss you April, but it sounds to me like you're doing the right thing.

Best of luck, and we know you will be back!

finley1991 said:
We can now get insurance through PC. That's how I have mine... might be worth checking into if you're really wanting to go FT with PC.

I used to pay my insurance on my own and it was $500 a month out of pocket! I'm saving so much by going through PC!!!!

PS: And I have my IRA through PC as well... LOVE IT!

Well I really like my job and it has something to do with why I am going back to school. I haven't checked into PC's insurance but my insurance with the school is less than $200 a month for the 4 of us for medical, vision and dental. I'm not completely done with PC...just can't do it now.

Chef_2_Four said:
Well I really like my job and it has something to do with why I am going back to school. I haven't checked into PC's insurance but my insurance with the school is less than $200 a month for the 4 of us for medical, vision and dental. I'm not completely done with PC...just can't do it now.

You might want to check it out - I did when it first came out and to get a policy very similar to what we already had (2 adults) was a bt over $100 a month.

Related to Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business

1. What is "Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business" about?

"Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, sharing her personal experiences and tips on balancing a busy life while running a successful Pampered Chef business.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

While this book is primarily geared towards Pampered Chef consultants, the lessons and advice shared can be applied to any direct sales business or entrepreneurship in general.

3. What inspired the author to write this book?

The author, who was a Pampered Chef consultant for several years while juggling a full-time job and being a single parent, wanted to share her story and lessons learned with others who may be facing similar challenges. She hopes to inspire and empower others to pursue their dreams and find success in both their personal and professional lives.

4. Are there any practical tips or resources included in the book?

Yes, "Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business" includes practical tips and resources such as time management strategies, how to balance work and family life, and ways to grow and maintain a successful business. The author also shares her personal experiences and lessons learned throughout the book.

5. Where can I purchase "Farewell to Pampered Chef: Juggling Life, School, and Business"?

The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as on major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It can also be found in select bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Illine Smith