• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Work and Parenthood: Tips for Full-Time Employees

I have a planner that I use specifically for my shows and events. I also have a Google calendar so that I can add show dates and any other pertinent information. I also keep a list of hosts that I have worked with in the past on my website so that I don't have to call them every time I have a show.I always have my At A Glance Planner with me to write down everything children related so that when someone contacts me to book a show I know exactly what dates are open. I have never had a scheduling conflict...yet. My job is a set schedule which is nice and my kids are now 16 and 14 so I don't have to worry about them as much. Well
twinkie10
Gold Member
For those of you who work full time and have kids, how do you balance your business with a busy schedule?

I mark my calendar with what I have to do personally then fill in with dates I want to book. I use sticky notes to mark my open dates so that I can actually see which days and how many I can fill. Plus it makes it easier to book dates I want to book.

wadesgirl said:
I mark my calendar with what I have to do personally then fill in with dates I want to book. I use sticky notes to mark my open dates so that I can actually see which days and how many I can fill. Plus it makes it easier to book dates I want to book.

I do the same thing... sticky notes also make it easier to move a party when needed.

I use a similar system - it's imperative to stay organized when you work FT, have kids and do PC, too. I pencil in everything on my calendar, and circle my "open" dates (or dates I want to do a show). I then cross the dates out when they are filled, so when I show my calendar to people, they see X's and circles - I tell them to pick a circled date - easy! :)

what they said...and believe me it's great to get out of the house and have some grownup time once or twice a week!

You don't have to have kids to be busy!

I do most of my shows on weekends ... but it is hard to get in the time to make calls!

I use my office outlook, and One note, I am sort of a computer nerd, it's the same as using sticky notes, but easier to get rid of...

I'm with the rest of the gang! You must have your schedule planned out! I use my monthly pages to plan out my month and highlight days in different colours (I like colours!! ;))....pink is for show dates, blue is for personal days and green is for my compressed days off.

I will do shows every Monday, Wednesday, every second Friday and every second Saturday. I don't do Sundays, that's my family day. I won't work 2 days in a row either....did that once, but it was too hard getting all my stuff ready again for the next night, since I get home around 10:30pm and have to get up at 5:30am!!

I used to say I would do shows whenever, but find that since I've set a definite schedule, it's a lot easier and makes me feel like I'm a lot more productive. It's nice too to be able to give people a specific date rather than asking what works for them. I don't want my hosts deciding my schedule!!

Hope that helps! :)

But you know what, as much as they TALK about having your calendar mapped out, sometimes it isn't that easy.

For instance, I know at the end of the month which weekend I'll be working ... but often I don't know until the Thursday or Friday before which week NIGHT I'll be working.

I've had shows planned on Fridays before, only to be asked by my employers to work that night because somebody is off.

Di_Can_Cook said:
But you know what, as much as they TALK about having your calendar mapped out, sometimes it isn't that easy.

For instance, I know at the end of the month which weekend I'll be working ... but often I don't know until the Thursday or Friday before which week NIGHT I'll be working.

I've had shows planned on Fridays before, only to be asked by my employers to work that night because somebody is off.

That would be tricky! I'm lucky to have set hours! :)

I always have my At A Glance Planner with me to write down everything children related so that when someone contacts me to book a show I know exactly what dates are open. I have never had a scheduling conflict...yet. My job is a set schedule which is nice and my kids are now 16 and 14 so I don't have to worry about them as much. Well, maybe more in other ways. :p

I don't have kids but when I started PC not quite a year ago I was working full time and going to school full time plus I had just gotten married. My work schedule varies from week to week but I let my supervisor know that I needed my work schedules ahead of time (even before I started PC I requested this...I need to be able to look ahead and at least have some idea of what I'm going to be doing) so I block out time for my husband, time for work, and time for classes and then select days that I would like to do shows (overbook). I use highlighters too...green for days I want to do shows, blue for personal days, nothing for days that are just crazy and I know I'll be working/studying from morning to night. Just graduated from college and planning on doing the same thing even though my work schedule will be more consistant now.

Kudos to you Egresi ...what a heavy schedule but you are able to work it all out! Awesome!

I need help getting bookings...that is the hardest part for me. I talk to everyone about the business...I even have two potential recruits...and they are people I have met on another site earlier this year and have never met in person...and one has held a catalog show for me and is really considering signing and there is another girl that is considering signing...I qualified in my first 30 days on May 30....I just need ideas for locking in/searching for hosts....that is hard for me...I think that people down here in the south don't like to host parties!!

I work FT and have and 11 year old and a 2 1/2 yr. old....I would LOVE to be able to build my business and leave my state job within the next 2 yrs.

Please send ideas!

Trina

tmo2008 said:
I need help getting bookings...that is the hardest part for me. I talk to everyone about the business...I even have two potential recruits...and they are people I have met on another site earlier this year and have never met in person...and one has held a catalog show for me and is really considering signing and there is another girl that is considering signing...I qualified in my first 30 days on May 30....I just need ideas for locking in/searching for hosts....that is hard for me...I think that people down here in the south don't like to host parties!!

I work FT and have and 11 year old and a 2 1/2 yr. old....I would LOVE to be able to build my business and leave my state job within the next 2 yrs.

Please send ideas!

Trina

Get the Move It Don't Lose It CD that Morfia did or something similar...those CDs have great booking ideas.

twinkie10 said:
For those of you who work full time and have kids, how do you balance your business with a busy schedule?

I worked 4 days a week when I first started PC. I put EVERYTHING on my calendar. There would be certain days I knew we would be doing things as a family and I NEVER agree to do a part on that date no matter if that is the ONLY day someone can do a show. I did not do anymore shows than I felt comfortable being away from my family. I tried to not have parties on Sat or never do them on Sunday b/c that is the main days we spend time as a family and when we go to church.

Now that I work 3 days after having my 2nd child, I am going to only do shows on Monday b/c I am off with my kids all day and then do not feel bad about leaving them. I do not want to do a show on Tues or Thurs when I am working b/c that would make me away from them pretty much all day. I never do Wed b/c of church. After football season is over, I will do shows on Monday and Friday since those are the two days I do not work my day job.

I keep my calendar in a day planner that shows the entire month and I have it in my Blackjack so that I always have it with me in case I am somewhere that I am not carrying my day planner around and I need to make and appointment or write something done. And I mean everything is on that calendar so I always know what I am doing on a certain date. I think I need to start syncing it to my husband's phone so he knows to and does not have to call me to see if we already have plans, ha!

Great ideas! I would also like to add...

In addition to scheduling show dates, schedule office hours as well. By doing that you will work all of the aspects of your business. Definitely schedule your personal and family time first!

janetupnorth said:
Get the Move It Don't Lose It CD that Morfia did or something similar...those CDs have great booking ideas.

Where do I get that DVD/CD?

They're usually available on a supply order.

Related to Balancing Work and Parenthood: Tips for Full-Time Employees

1. What are the typical work hours for a full-time employee at Pampered Chef?

Full-time employees at Pampered Chef typically work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. However, there may be occasional weekend or evening hours required for special events or projects.

2. Is there flexibility in the work schedule for full-time employees?

Pampered Chef values work-life balance and offers flexible schedules for full-time employees. Depending on the role and department, employees may have the option to work remotely or have a flexible start and end time.

3. What benefits are offered to full-time employees at Pampered Chef?

Full-time employees at Pampered Chef are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and employee discounts on Pampered Chef products. Additional perks may vary by location.

4. Are there opportunities for career growth and advancement for full-time employees?

Yes, Pampered Chef encourages and supports career development for all employees. Full-time employees can take advantage of training and development programs, mentoring opportunities, and internal job postings to advance their careers within the company.

5. How does Pampered Chef support work-life balance for full-time employees?

Pampered Chef understands the importance of work-life balance and offers various programs and resources to support it. This includes flexible work schedules, remote work options, wellness programs, and a supportive and inclusive company culture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alora Rueth
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Julie Henne
  • Kari L Ferrell