• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bride Registry: Should I Be Doing Something

In summary, the speaker has a registry for a wedding in August, but there has been no activity since April. They will be hosting a shower in a few weeks and hope that will get some items purchased. They wonder if there is anything else they can do to make the registry more successful, but it seems that once the couple fills it out, it is out of their hands. The suggested solution is to offer a consultation for the couple to ensure they have everything they need and to remind guests about the registry. It's also mentioned that having the registry listed on their Knot.com page may not be enough to generate purchases, so it may be helpful to include it with the wedding invitations. Additionally, registering at stores like Target or Macy's may
sandilou
Silver Member
I have a registry that has been sitting there with no activity since April. The wedding is at the end of August. I will be doing a shower for her in a couple of weeks, so hopefully a bunch of stuff will get purchased then. Is there anything I should be doing to help make the registry work for her? It seems like after they fill it out it is out of my hands.

TIA,
sANDI

You could offer to do a consultation for the couple to ensure that what they've picked is what they need, and that they're not missing any essentials.

Keep in mind though, if you're doing a shower, you can use the registry as a wishlist, but the bride won't get credit for both. Either she'll get credit for the sale at the shower, or the item is purchased directly off the registry, and she'll get rewards that way.

Beyond that, if the wedding isn't until August, I wouldn't worry too much. Guests won't start purchasing gifts until they get the actual invitations.

I just finished one with my brother - they were not successful with their registry at all - more successful with a shower. I would coach them to let their guests KNOW about it. Lots of people don't send out registry info with invites, but some do. if they are going to go that route them have them include the registry. Talk to them about whether they are also registering for similar stuff from places like Target or Macy's - Those stores make it easier to buy from because you can go to their kiosk and print out their list and I think people would do that instead of ordering online. If they are having lots of older guests who aren't as used to ordering online perhaps remind the couple to let people know. Just having it listed on their "Knot.com" page will not bring the best results.

Related to Bride Registry: Should I Be Doing Something

What is a bride registry and why should I consider making one?

A bride registry is a list of desired gifts that a couple creates for their wedding. It allows guests to easily purchase items that the couple specifically wants or needs. Creating a bride registry can help ensure that you receive gifts that you will use and appreciate.

When should I create my bride registry?

It is recommended to create your bride registry at least 4-6 months before your wedding date. This gives your guests enough time to browse and purchase gifts, especially for those who may need to travel for the wedding.

How many items should I include on my bride registry?

It is best to have a variety of items at different price points on your bride registry. A good rule of thumb is to have at least twice as many items as you have guests. This will give your guests plenty of options to choose from.

Can I include items from different stores on my bride registry?

Yes, many bride registry services allow you to add items from multiple stores. This can be helpful if you have specific items in mind from different retailers.

Is it appropriate to include expensive items on my bride registry?

It is perfectly acceptable to include higher-priced items on your bride registry. However, it is important to also include items at lower price points for guests who may have a smaller budget. This allows everyone to have options within their budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dyanna
  • darlinclem