• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower Show: Navigating Ordering & Redeeming Host Rewards

In summary, the bride should print off what she wants and put them on cards for guests to take home. The order form can be labeled with a B for the bride. Once the guest takes the card and fills out the order form, the host can mark the order as completed and the guest will get a discount on their purchase.
chefdianne
Silver Member
I am doing my first Bridal Shower show in 2 days. The host is the bride to be's aunt. I plan on using 2 different colored order forms to keep things they order for the bride and themselves simple and charge only shipping costs once. I figure this way, the host can separate the orders easier when the products arrive. Do I put the orders in under the Aunt's name as the host or the bride's name as the host or doesn't it matter?

Do I then go in on the wedding registry and remove the items as being "bought outside the registry" once they are ordered at the show?

How do I get the bride her sales host rewards products based on the show sales or the registry sales being removed as a result of the show?

Sorry, I am confused. I have incorporated some really neat ideas from CS into the show format but the ordering and redemtion of host rewards is turning out to confuse me already. I don't want to appear to not know what I am doing but hey, I don't know what I am doing.

I am at this point a Bridal Show virgin.

DIanne, thanks for posting...I also am doing my first bridal show in 2 days...and I was wondering about the dual orders. I was going to do different colors - one for the bride, one for personal orders...but don't know how to enter that into PP, or what?? I hope someone has some answers quick!

I am doing a bridal show in a month, but the way I understand it is that if it is ordered on the website, that will actually count as a different show of the couple and show show is a show. What I plan on doing is printing off what they want and putting them on cards so guests will know what the couple would like and can order it for them along with ordering something for themselves. My director suggested using one order form and writing a B and circling it for the items for the bride. That way when it the order arrives the host can look for the B and know that is for the bride.

chefdianne said:
I am doing my first Bridal Shower show in 2 days. The host is the bride to be's aunt. I plan on using 2 different colored order forms to keep things they order for the bride and themselves simple and charge only shipping costs once. I figure this way, the host can separate the orders easier when the products arrive. Do I put the orders in under the Aunt's name as the host or the bride's name as the host or doesn't it matter?

The different colored order forms is a great idea and yes it will help the person sorting and delivering the products. This can be handled a couple of ways.

One way is to include the bride and guests products under the guests name and then the host seperates everything based on the colored order forms for the bride.

Another way is to put all the products for the bride under her name and simply bill people's credit cards under their order for what they are buying as well as what they are getting for the bride. In PP this will show as an overage on the host but the show will balance. This makes sure that the bride gets the warranties in her name and also makes it easier for the host to sort.

chefdianne said:
Do I then go in on the wedding registry and remove the items as being "bought outside the registry" once they are ordered at the show?
Yes, you need to do this so that duplicates are not bought.

chefdianne said:
How do I get the bride her sales host rewards products based on the show sales or the registry sales being removed as a result of the show?

The bridal show and registry are seperate. So if the bride is getting the host benefits for the bridal shower, have her pick what she wants after everyone has ordered as then you'll know what has not yet been bought.

The online registry show automatically figures out the brides rewards and she gets them when she gets married. I'm not sure how this works, hopefully someone who has had a bride with rewards will explain when the bride would order her freebies/FPV.

Chef Ritz said:
What I plan on doing is printing off what they want and putting them on cards so guests will know what the couple would like and can order it for them along with ordering something for themselves. My director suggested using one order form and writing a B and circling it for the items for the bride. That way when it the order arrives the host can look for the B and know that is for the bride.

I just updated the wish list labels in the wishlist thread. :D Check starting at post 78.

This is what I do - I have the bride listed as one guest under her maiden name and anything that is purchased for her goes under her name - easier for warrantees and such as well.
For the free stuff, I'll put the bride in as a host/co-host, under her married name - then she gets a PHD for a year.
I usually will put whoever is throwing the shower in as a host/co-host so he/she can get the discount on whatever he/she is purchasing for him/herself and also get the PHD.
If people are placing orders for themselves, they go under as a guest with
their order.
HTH (and hope it made sense...)

tlennhoff said:
Another way is to put all the products for the bride under her name and simply bill people's credit cards under their order for what they are buying as well as what they are getting for the bride. In PP this will show as an overage on the host but the show will balance. This makes sure that the bride gets the warranties in her name and also makes it easier for the host to sort.

???????????????WHat???????????????????I get that the bride will get the warranty if the items are listed under her name but as for payments, this is even more confusing for me. How are we capable of actually billing people on their credit card for more than their actual order if the order or part of the order is under the bride's name?

Marg said:
This is what I do - I have the bride listed as one guest under her maiden name and anything that is purchased for her goes under her name - easier for warrantees and such as well.
For the free stuff, I'll put the bride in as a host/co-host, under her married name - then she gets a PHD for a year.
I usually will put whoever is throwing the shower in as a host/co-host so he/she can get the discount on whatever he/she is purchasing for him/herself and also get the PHD.
If people are placing orders for themselves, they go under as a guest with
their order.
HTH (and hope it made sense...)

I kind of understand this but again, how do the payments get put into PP?
Sorry.

As long as it balances in the end, it doesn't matter that the CC is being charged more than the order.
Let's say that Susie Q orders something (let's say $25 for ease)and realizes that she left her wallet at home. Jane Doe says, no problem, I'll pay for it.
So under Susie's name, you don't enter a payment. When you enter Jane Doe's order, it comes to $25 as well. When you enter her payment, you just change the amount to $50.
The same principal applies. If Aunt Bea is buying a bar pan for herself and a bar pan for the bride, instead of just charging her the price of one on her individual order, you enter the price for 2 and don't enter any payment on the brides order.

chefdianne said:
???????????????WHat???????????????????I get that the bride will get the warranty if the items are listed under her name but as for payments, this is even more confusing for me. How are we capable of actually billing people on their credit card for more than their actual order if the order or part of the order is under the bride's name?

It works. I do this freqeuntly in PP. I figure out how much someone would have owed if everything was put under their name, I add the payment, then I delete the products that are being ordered as gifts for someone else, and make sure that I've entered the gift products under the giftees name. It will show up in red on the summary screen. If everything is done properly the show balances. You may need to play with things a bit as the taxes may be slightly different especially if the order is going to the bride/giftees house and not the show host. And HO bills their credit card for the amount I put in. I have friends that buy gifts for each other and this is the easiest way to do the payments for me. If the guest has given you permission to bill them for the gift then everything is ok.

Just wanted to add in on the credit card overage issue, I frequently do this with catalog shows that are far away--the host collects money and checks made out to her, and then she "cashes out" the show with her credit card. You'll get a little warning that some orders do not have payments, but the total payment still equals the total due and then it goes through no problem.

Okay - here's a question regarding payments...I know it's extra work, but if someone orders something for the bride, then something for themselves, couldn't you just break up the CC charge or check into 2 different payments (one for each order?) Here's an example:
Suzy Jo orders a batter bowl for herself, and one for the bride. She pays with one check for the total amount due (for both batter bowls). In PP, you would enter Suzy Jo as a guest, with payment for one batter bowl. Then the other batter bowl goes under the brides name, with payment for one batter bowl (will be same check number). Can we do it that way? I understand the shipping charge would come into play, but is this an easier way of understanding it? I guess I'm really confused, and have read over this 4 times! Argh! I'm losing it!

pcchris said:
Okay - here's a question regarding payments...I know it's extra work, but if someone orders something for the bride, then something for themselves, couldn't you just break up the CC charge or check into 2 different payments (one for each order?) Here's an example:
Suzy Jo orders a batter bowl for herself, and one for the bride. She pays with one check for the total amount due (for both batter bowls). In PP, you would enter Suzy Jo as a guest, with payment for one batter bowl. Then the other batter bowl goes under the brides name, with payment for one batter bowl (will be same check number). Can we do it that way? I understand the shipping charge would come into play, but is this an easier way of understanding it? I guess I'm really confused, and have read over this 4 times! Argh! I'm losing it!

If cash or checks are used then yes you can put it in as payment amounts under both orders. The issue is if a credit card is used for payment for the bride gifts.

If you are using P3 then you don't have a problem as you can enter multiple credit cards for the brides order.

But in PP it will only allow you to use a single credit card to pay for an order. So if 15 people order something for the bride and each one is paying with a credit card, in PP the only way to do it would be to put the cc charges under the guest and not under the bride.

A-HA! Now it's clear...............thank you Tasha! It makes sense to me now. Perhaps this is one reason I should convert to P3. (I'm really resisting that, though!!)

pcchris said:
A-HA! Now it's clear...............thank you Tasha! It makes sense to me now. Perhaps this is one reason I should convert to P3. (I'm really resisting that, though!!)

Glad I could help it make sense. The more I play with P3 the more I think I'll be making the switch. If they would just add the booking report in I'd switch tomorrow.

pcchris said:
'
This is really starting to make sense to me now too. Thanks for helping get it clarified for us! Whew....Good luck tomorrow. By the way, I haven't switched over to P3 either but what is up with the booking report? Is there a glitch in p3.

Can someone please clarify that for me before I convert to p3 please?
thank you, thank you thank you all for helping me! There are so many options to choose from on this and I never knew that we could split up orders this way as long as the money balances in the end. Here all this time, I thought each guest had to show a payment and with cc payments, it could only be done in their own name to match their order. Now I think I see where you could have someone pay for someone else with their cc and leave the someone else's payment blank.

Thank you all so much for answer all the questions that I had.

chefdianne said:
'
This is really starting to make sense to me now too. Thanks for helping get it clarified for us! Whew....Good luck tomorrow. By the way, I haven't switched over to P3 either but what is up with the booking report? Is there a glitch in p3.

Many of the reports have not been "ported" over to P3 so the reporting options are slim in my opinion.

Which reports do you use regularly? There is a sub-forum pp/p3 and there you could ask what reports are available and how to run them to help you in making the decision whether to switch over to P3 now or continue waiting.

Beating a dead horse here but what if the guest only orders something for the bride, nothing for themself and wants to pay by credit card. Can you put in the order under the bride's maiden name order and then enter a guest "dummy" order without any product and enter their credit card information on there since they won't have any product for themself ordered?

chefdianne said:
Beating a dead horse here but what if the guest only orders something for the bride, nothing for themself and wants to pay by credit card. Can you put in the order under the bride's maiden name order and then enter a guest "dummy" order without any product and enter their credit card information on there since they won't have any product for themself ordered?

I think you can do that. Try it and see. I certainly add people as booking a show that have not ordered. You can always call HO and ask questions like this.

Hey dianne - how did your shower go??

What is a bridal shower show?

A bridal shower show is a party hosted by a bride-to-be to celebrate her upcoming wedding and to receive gifts from friends and family. It is also an opportunity to learn about and potentially purchase Pampered Chef products.

How do I order products from a bridal shower show?

You can order products directly from the bride's show by using the unique ordering link provided. This link will ensure that the host receives credit for your purchase and can redeem host rewards.

What are host rewards?

Host rewards are incentives and discounts that are earned by the host of a Pampered Chef party or show. They can be redeemed for free or discounted products.

Can I use host rewards to purchase products from a bridal shower show?

Yes, you can use your host rewards to purchase products from a bridal shower show. The host will provide instructions on how to redeem your rewards at the time of purchase.

How do I redeem my host rewards from a bridal shower show?

To redeem your host rewards, you can either use them to purchase products directly from the show or contact your Pampered Chef consultant to arrange for your rewards to be applied to a future order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefdianne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies