• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Show Tomorrow-Looking for the 50'S Game

7. Listen to him:...give him your full attention.8. Make the evening his:...make sure you spend time with him enjoying each other's company.9. The goal:...to make him feel like a king and make you the queen of his castle.
mamadugan
Gold Member
I was browsing the other day and saw a thread about comparisons of what a home economics book said the ladies should do for their husbands in the 1950's and what the ladies should do for their husband these days. Does anyone have that? I have looked in the files and can't seem to find it. And then they read this at the bridal shower....anyone???

THANKS!!!

Here is a file I received a long time ago - probably from here. It has the game within the file.

Good luck:)!

Attachments

• Outline for the Perfect Bridal Shower.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,042
Yup, that's what I have too....

When I returned, I gave everybody in the room the 1950’s instructions (below—I had them cut into strips of paper so that they each only had the couple that I would ask them to read) except for the host. I gave the bride #10. Then, I asked them to read them, in order…”Who has #1?” Etc. All the way through the instructions. After each instruction, I would read the “Version for Today’s woman.” This was hilarious and had so many people interjecting that we were all in stitches before it was over.

Instructions for women on how to be a good wife from a 1950’s school textbook used in home economics classes:

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal - on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work weary people. Be la little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter: Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5.Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complainif he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and off to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make you home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

Today’s Version:

1. Have dinner ready: Make reservations ahead of time. If your day becomes too hectic just leave him a voice mail message regarding where you'd like to eat and at what time. This lets him know that your day has been crappy and gives him an opportunity to change your mood.

2. Prepare yourself: A quick stop at the "LAN COME" counter on your way home will do wonders for your outlook and will keep you from becoming irritated every time he opens his mouth. (Don't forget to use his credit card!)

3. Clear away the clutter: Call the housekeeper and tell her that any miscellaneous items left on the floor by the children can be placed in the Goodwill box in the garage.

4. Prepare the children: Send the children to their rooms to watch television or play Nintendo.

5. Minimize the noise: If you happen to be home when he arrives, be in the bathroom with the door locked.

6. Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems and complaints. Let him speak first, and then your complaints will get more attention and remain fresh in his mind throughout dinner. Don't complain if he's late for dinner; simply remind him that the leftovers are in the refrigerator and you left the dishes for him to do.

7. Make him comfortable: Tell him where he can find a blanket if he's cold. This will really show you care.

8. Listen to him: But don't ever let him get the last word.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; go with a friend or go shopping (and, of course, use his credit card).

10. The Goal: Try to keep things amicable without reminding him that he only thinks the world revolves around him.

pampchefrhondab said:
Here is a file I received a long time ago - probably from here. It has the game within the file.

Good luck:)!

This is Great!!
I've only had one bridal shower. Sounds like this one would be a lot of fun.
I'll use this next time.

Thanks for the file.

Thank you so much! I have a Bridal Shower coming up in a few months ( I haven't done one yet) and this will be great!
The '50's thing is SOOOO funny!!!

I came up with an idea to do with this game. I will do the same and have one person at a time read each 1950's instruction. After each one, I will read the today's version with a little twist at the end of each....

Today’s Version:

1. Have dinner ready: Make reservations ahead of time. If your day becomes too hectic just leave him a voice mail message regarding where you'd like to eat and at what time. This lets him know that your day has been crappy and gives him an opportunity to change your mood. Or make a QUICK dinner in our DCB!

2. Prepare yourself: A quick stop at the "LAN COME" counter on your way home will do wonders for your outlook and will keep you from becoming irritated every time he opens his mouth. (Don't forget to use his credit card!) Or use our Avocado Peeler to make yourself a quick avocado mask so you'll feel refeshed!

3. Clear away the clutter: Call the housekeeper and tell her that any miscellaneous items left on the floor by the children can be placed in the Goodwill box in the garage. And almost all of PC's products can be put in the dishwasher!

4. Prepare the children: Send the children to their rooms to watch television or play Nintendo. Plus, you can have them make their own snacks using the My Safe Cutter or Press N Seal!

5. Minimize the noise: If you happen to be home when he arrives, be in the bathroom with the door locked. With our Prep Bowls filled with a special sugar scrub!

6. Some DON'TS: Don't greet him with problems and complaints. Let him speak first, and then your complaints will get more attention and remain fresh in his mind throughout dinner. Don't complain if he's late for dinner; simply remind him that the leftovers are in the refrigerator and you left the dishes for him to do. And he can heat it up in the micro using our Micro Cookers!

7. Make him comfortable: Tell him where he can find a blanket if he's cold. This will really show you care. Then he can cuddle up with a SA cup filled with hot chocolate and Sprinkles on top!

8. Listen to him: But don't ever let him get the last word. NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE!

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; go with a friend or go shopping (and, of course, use his credit card). Which I can certainly help you with today!

10. The Goal: Try to keep things amicable without reminding him that he only thinks the world revolves around him.[/I][/QUOTE] Demo the APCS while reading this!

What do you think???

omg...I couldn't stomach the 1950s version!
I definitely was meant to be a wife of THIS century! :)
LOL
Thanks! Love it!

Listen to him but don't ever let him get the last word...keep his mouth full of yummy Pampered Chef Beer Bread!

1. What is the "50'S Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow?

The "50's Game" is a fun and interactive activity where guests can participate in a cooking demonstration using our Pampered Chef products. It is a throwback to the 1950s and includes retro recipes and cooking techniques.

2. Is there a fee to play the "50'S Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow?

No, there is no fee to participate in the "50's Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow. It is a complimentary activity for all guests to enjoy.

3. Can I win prizes by playing the "50'S Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow?

Yes, there will be prizes given out during the "50's Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow. These prizes may include Pampered Chef products or gift certificates to use towards future purchases.

4. Do I need to bring anything to participate in the "50'S Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow?

No, all necessary cooking tools and ingredients will be provided for the "50's Game" at the Bridal Show Tomorrow. Just come with an appetite and a sense of fun!

5. Can I sign up for the "50'S Game" in advance at the Bridal Show Tomorrow?

Yes, you can sign up for the "50's Game" in advance at the Bridal Show Tomorrow. We recommend signing up early as spots may fill up quickly. You can also sign up at our Pampered Chef booth at the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Lisa F.
  • byrd1956