• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breaking Out of the Book Party Rut!

In summary, the speaker is discussing their experience with doing catalog shows and their desire to do more live shows in order to increase sales. They mention trying various tactics such as offering a free show to a winner at fairs and festivals, asking friends and family to host shows, and utilizing Brenda Ellsworth's CD's for tips on booking shows. Other attendees suggest offering incentives such as extra products or referral gifts to encourage bookings.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, over there ....
<-------

...it says I have done a DOZEN shows.

However, this is my dirty little secret ... almost ALL of them have been catalog shows!

Some of them do really well ... others not so well ... but I REALLY need to get my name out there and get something going!

I've done fairs and festivals and have several more coming ... I'm set to go business-pampering ... and I am having a "Christmas in July" party tomorrow to open my boxes from the spree ... and I am getting the word out to my customers about the discontinued products.

How do I get IN HOMES to do LIVE SHOWS??? I know those are the ones that lead to bigger sales ...

Di,Do you do a drawing at the fairs and festivals offering a "free" show for the winner? You would pay for the ingredients and the paper products, etc. Then you could always have multiple winners and generate more bookings from their shows....Have your friends and family done catalog parties? See if some of them will help get your live show business going by having one and being sure to invite people you don't know.Tomorrow at your "Christmas in July" party would also be a good time to have a drawing for a free show.Good luck!

Di, have you asked any of those that have done catalog shows for you if they have referrals that would love to do a cooking show? I seemed to have the opposite problem... I couldn't get catalog shows when I wanted them or needed them! :) LOL

Have you listened to Brenda Ellsworth's CD's? I've mentioned her several times in threads throughout the past 9 months and I believe her ideas work. At least they worked for me... All you need is just one or two cooking shows in a home and you should be able to build off of that. Would your roommie host a show for you or what about your soon to be sister-in-law- it could be a bridal one?

I have 2 words for you:ASK EVERYONE!It only takes one cooking show to get the ball rolling, but don't stop at one, pick up the phone! Create some excitement!

Good sound advice above. My only question - where are you in Ohio?

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Do you do a drawing at the fairs and festivals offering a "free" show for the winner? You would pay for the ingredients and the paper products, etc. Then you could always have multiple winners and generate more bookings from their shows....

I use this as my prize when I do fairs and festivals. I tend to generate alot of shows from that.

Some of the book parties are for friends, family members or myself ... others have been from free cooking show drawings (like the one that just converted to a live party) at fairs and from businesses I have pampered.

I think I am a busy person, people around me are busy ... so the book party works for both of us. Well, sort of ..

I am in L.A. ... lower Akron.

Yes ... I do plan to do a LOT more asking!

Who is Brenda Ellsworth? Are her CD's on supply order or is she outside of PC?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Who is Brenda Ellsworth? Are her CD's on supply order or is she outside of PC?

She is outside PC. I have heard her speak "live" a few times. She is awesome. I believe her website is: www.stepintosuccess.com.

Di, One thing I try to do with both my catalog and cooking shows, is offer the host an extra product (like a rub or spice) and/or an extra amount of FREE product if she has someone book a show with me by the time her show BEGINS or if it's a catalog show, by the time the show closes. Doing this with catalog shows, I have actually booked cooking shows and the host earns a little extra too.:D

pamperedpals said:
She is outside PC. I have heard her speak "live" a few times. She is awesome. I believe her website is: Step into Success - Belinda Ellsworth.

Thanks for getting that info, Laurie- sadly I wouldn't have known where to get that as a fellow clustermate gave me a copy off all her Belinda stuff! :)

Have a super day Miss Laurie, and Rock on Miss Di!

In order to get cooking show bookings since I have moved, I have been offering referral gifts, of $15 at their friends show, and also, I buy the ingredients and mail out invites for them. It is working.

Related to Breaking Out of the Book Party Rut!

1. How can I make my Pampered Chef book parties more exciting and unique?

There are several ways to break out of the book party rut and make your Pampered Chef parties more exciting and unique. One idea is to theme your parties, such as a "Summer BBQ" or "Holiday Baking" theme, and offer corresponding recipes and products. You can also incorporate hands-on activities, such as a cooking demonstration or DIY project, to engage your guests and make the party more interactive.

2. What are some creative ways I can promote my Pampered Chef parties?

Aside from traditional methods like sending out invitations and posting on social media, you can get creative with promoting your Pampered Chef parties. Consider partnering with local businesses or organizations to co-host a party, or offer a special promotion for guests who bring a friend. You can also reach out to past customers and offer a special incentive for hosting a party with you again.

3. How can I ensure my guests have a great experience at my Pampered Chef parties?

The key to a great party experience is to make sure your guests feel comfortable and engaged. This can be achieved by providing plenty of food and drinks, creating a welcoming atmosphere, and involving your guests in the party activities. You can also offer special perks, such as exclusive discounts or free gifts, to make the experience even more enjoyable for your guests.

4. What are some tips for increasing sales at my Pampered Chef parties?

One effective way to increase sales at your Pampered Chef parties is to create a sense of urgency by offering limited-time promotions or discounts. You can also showcase your top-selling products and share personal testimonials or success stories to highlight the benefits of these products. Additionally, encouraging guests to book their own parties at the event can also lead to increased sales.

5. How can I keep my Pampered Chef parties fresh and appealing for returning guests?

To keep your parties fresh and appealing for returning guests, it's important to regularly introduce new products and recipes. You can also switch up the format of your parties, such as hosting a virtual party or incorporating a potluck style meal. Another idea is to offer different themes or activities at each party to keep things interesting and engaging for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
theonlychuck
  • camiesu